Spurious long presses of the Pro1 keyboard

5 hours ago, Swond said:

I jjjjjjjjuussst findddd,            thaaat            always the issue comes out, my system notification shows "system: checking for new updates". Well, dont know why, but it appears very oftttttttten. eg. 10x per minute..

That is interesting 🤔. Has anyone else noticed connection to the system notification?

4 hours ago, Swond said:

.... and caannot enter the actualisation settings. It just freeze at a white page. Does anyone has it the same?

What do you mean with "actualisation". Can you take screenshots? Do you think that freezing has something to do with the long press issue?

On 8/31/2020 at 12:03 PM, Swond said:

am also affected with multiple key-strokes

Make sure you installed every OTA firmware upgrade. If the update app is not working anymore just reset it's data from the settings.

1 hour ago, Slion said:

Make sure you installed every OTA firmware upgrade. If the update app is not working anymore just reset it's data from the settings.

There are two apps for system update, The following worked for me.

settings > apps & notifications

right hand corner three dots > show system

scroll to wireless update (there are two)

Storage

clear cache, clear sorage (you might want to go progressively: just clear the cache only first. In my case it was not enough)

Repeat for the other one

It solves the settings option not appearing. I do not have the long press issue (under stock).

Edited by OKSun
55 minutes ago, Swond said:

When I ťap settings, IT freezes as captured.

Just a wild guess: Could it be a language related bug in the App? I mean that it might 'merely' be unable to display what it is supposed to when Czech is selected.
I see in the first picture that only part of the text is translated, end the rest is in English. Could you try (temporarily) to set your system language to English, and then see if it displays correctly?

• Like 2

Thank you all!! Clearing storage and cache helped. Now the settings appear again. I can remember that it was there at the beginning when I started up my Pro 4 the first time.

Eske: as you can see, now the settings appear eventhough the Czech language was still in place. Translation of this settings page is also limited, but still it (at least) shows up 🙂 

Thank you guys! Now lets see, whether the spurious press will be over or not. I can say it is ok for now.

Screenshot_20200903-175853.png

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Hello after some quiet time. Since last time I have cleaned space of the update app, I got spurios long presses again. Not that often, but I did. At last I probably found out, what is the problem. Ive been using the Fx Service app and had set the automatic sync within specifiaed intervals. Seems, like that made the mess. Since I turned off this service, everything is OK and no spurious long presses any longer. Probably it was affected by system actualisation too, but that was the second thing on the list. In my opinion it is caused by Fx service autoupdate, what turns on the update service and following the system update went up to check actualisations and in conclusion that made the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Swond said:

Ive been using the Fx Service app and had set the automatic sync within specifiaed intervals. Seems, like that made the mess.

Seems highly unlikely Fx Service would be directly responsible for unwanted keyboard input. However turning on Auto-Sync manually or through Fx Service Auto-Sync scheduler feature could somehow have side effects.

2 hours ago, Swond said:

Probably it was affected by system actualisation too, but that was the second thing on the list.

Assuming that by "system actualization" you mean auto-sync that could be an explanation depending of the apps you have installed I guess. Maybe CPU usage goes too high when auto-sync is just enabled creating a lag in the keyboard driver causing your issues, just guess work.

2 hours ago, Swond said:

In my opinion it is caused by Fx service autoupdate, what turns on the update service and following the system update went up to check actualisations and in conclusion that made the problem.

You mean Fx Service Auto-Sync scheduler? That could indirectly cause system lag issues as explained above I guess.

Edited by Slion
31 minutes ago, Slion said:

Assuming that by "system actualization" you mean auto-sync that could be an explanation depending of the apps you have installed I guess. Maybe CPU usage goes too high when auto-sync is just enabled creating a lag in the keyboard driver causing your issues, just guess work.

I'm pretty sure "system actualisation" = "system update", translation issue we have had earlier.

On 10/5/2020 at 11:05 AM, Slion said:

You mean Fx Service Auto-Sync scheduler? That could indirectly cause system lag issues as explained above I guess.

System actualisation should be actualisation of Android itself, not the process of FX - auto sync. Sorry, My bad. But the point you wrote is correct. The FX Service auto sync has turned on the communication, then Android system update comes up on the scene and the cpu usage grows rapidly, what ends up by spurious keypresses. And I am talking about Android update (this is better to call it, than a system actualisation) because in the settings there is set : "check for updates: only once"

I was quite curious, why there is still apearing the notification "checking android updates" several time during the day.. So my though is the FX - auto sync service somehow affects this. Since I turned it off, no more system update notifications. Only once when I turn on the phone and then quiet.

On 10/5/2020 at 11:05 AM, Slion said:

Seems highly unlikely Fx Service would be directly responsible for unwanted keyboard input. However turning on Auto-Sync manually or through Fx Service Auto-Sync scheduler feature could somehow have side effects.

Yes, I have meant this, sorry for the mess through correct naming..

• Thanks 1