Unable to preorder QWERTZ

According to what @moep said earlier it seems that QWERTZ model is not in production currently. Maybe the supplier is not able to ship keyboard mats or the production for QWERTZ units has ended.

On 7/26/2020 at 4:21 PM, moep said:

Hello,

I want to buy a pro1 and I saw during the ordering process that the QWERTZ keyboard is sold out.  I contacted the support and they told me, the delay is because of COVID-19.

Edited by FlyingAntero

Hmmm interesting development to happen right before what I imagine to be general availability.  Maybe they finished all the QWERTZ backorders in the last batch and don't have any left and decided to discontinue before even release?

Edited by Craig
2 hours ago, Craig said:

Hmmm interesting development to happen right before what I imagine to be general availability.  Maybe they finished all the QWERTZ backorders in the last batch and don't have any left and decided to discontinue before even release?

I hope it is not the case.

I understand there is a higher cost associated with more layouts available, but I have a QWERTZ unit and I am very happy with it.
I would be more happier if they had a non-shifted QWERTY instead, but the shifted QWERTY is a worse option for me.

I mean I would buy it if the shifted QWERTY would be the only option, but I feel the non-shifted QWERTY-like variant is a much better option when you think about international layouts and I also think it is more convenient for general usage because it does not differ from casual keyboards, so no need for the brain for switching betweek general and Pro1 layouts.

So I really hope it is a temporary outage and they will continue to supply both variants after general availability.

Ps: This message was written using my Pro1 in a car during travel, which would be not possible using a touch keyboard and especially not for something this length...

• Like 4
5 hours ago, VaZso said:

Ps: This message was written using my Pro1 in a car during travel, which would be not possible using a touch keyboard and especially not for something this length...

Hopefully as a passenger and not at the wheel! 😉

• Haha 5

Hello,

see this thread. I got yesterday some information from the support:

Unfortunately, we do not currently have an ETA on when the QWERTZ model might be back. We suggest joining our newsletter at https://mail.webfx.co/h/i/censored to be amongst the first hear when we have any changes to shipping or future updates.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

I just added the newsletter and wait for it.

• Thanks 1