[SOLVED] HELP some physical keys not working

Is it like this from the start or did it start after working before? Try to go to settings->system->input and languages->physical keyboard->set up layouts and unselect all of them. Did you change the software keyboard app?

I got this phone since a week now, but don't remember if all of the keys are working good at the beginning, but the ENTER and Del keys are used more often than others and I realize this yesterday.

In my set up layouts, none of them has been selected...  I can try to select one of them to see what happen!?!?!  It was Default so I tied English US but no difference..   In red are the keys not working...

image.thumb.png.ad23fab756b82ca50677ae15e30b3c90.png

Edited by fire
14 hours ago, fire said:

Really got problem.  Some keys in right of the keyboard not working.

Here all the keys;

-_ , =+,  Del and worst of it ENTER!!!

Sounds like a hardware issue...😥

ADD: The below is for stock Android not e.g. LineageOS

First go to Settings►System, Languages►Physical keyboard►Physical keyboard►Set up keyboard layouts, and de-select ANY selected. OR
if you are using FinQWERTY you could also just select "FinQWERTY None (stock)"

If QWERTZ ignore that the print is now wrong, we want to test hardware keys(!)

Then try the factory test described here it is number seven on the list.

Please note that the Esc-key has changed in later OTAs compared to this test , so not lighting up does not mean it is broken, if you got a keyboard layout selected other keys might not light up either.

(Here with my explanations added from later in the thread)

• image.png.0f4d3be2d0ff49c2265d8a9b69b40ed5.png

On the other tests, be aware that one of the tests (No 3 after GPS) makes an emergency call with no warning, as mentioned in the thread.

...Finally go back and select your layout as before

• Like 2
7 hours ago, fire said:

I got this phone since a week now, but don't remember if all of the keys are working good at the beginning, but the ENTER and Del keys are used more often than others and I realize this yesterday.

In my set up layouts, none of them has been selected...  I can try to select one of them to see what happen!?!?!  It was Default so I tied English US but no difference..   In red are the keys not working...

Given that info it does sound like a hardware issue 😞 Perhaps try what eskerahn suggested, but failing that i guess best contact support.

Edited by netman
56 minutes ago, fire said:

Can't go on the factory test...  Maybe because of LineAgeOS???

Yes, was unaware that you were on Lineage. That package has not been moved over - not sure if it will run under Lineage. Just a sec.

9 minutes ago, fire said:

Yeah LineAge 16 and Nova Laucnher Prime...

Sorry, does not work by a simple side load - but it does VERY much sound like a hardware issue.. Assuming you have tried a simple reboot, you could try a factory reset, but the chances that it will help are slim.

1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Sorry, does not work by a simple side load - but it does VERY much sound like a hardware issue.. Assuming you have tried a simple reboot, you could try a factory reset, but the changes that it will help are slim.

I contacted the support team...  If it's hardware, I'll cry because that will need a replacement?  I'm waiting so long to received it, work on it for a week now and having to send it back and wait to received mine repaired or a new one...  Frustrating...

• Sad 3
4 minutes ago, fire said:

I contacted the support team...  If it's hardware, I'll cry because that will need a replacement?  I'm waiting so long to received it, work on it for a week now and having to send it back and wait to received mine repaired or a new one...  Frustrating...

You could try to install "KeyEvent Display" and see if any of the problematic keys has any reaction what so ever..... (Note that Enter is interpreted by the App as Select, but you should see it doing something if the key is working)

6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

:classic_sad: No chance no event with those 4 keys...  It sounds hardware....  AAhhh Jeez.............  Waiting 6 months to received and another what for a replacement?.......  Can't believe it..  I'm so unlucky this year...  :classic_sad:  It would be better for everyone if I hang myself...

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, fire said:

:classic_sad: No chance no event with those 4 keys...  It sounds hardware....  AAhhh Jeez.............  Waiting 6 months to received and another what for a replacement?.......  Can't believe it..  I'm so unlucky this year...  :classic_sad:  It would be better for everyone if I hang myself...

You got yours in 6 months!  Holy cow, that was fast.  So, now, you'll just be in the same boat a lot of others were in.

And one more thing... it's just a phone.  Some perspective here. Life does and *should* go on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Hook said:

You got yours in 6 months!  Holy cow, that was fast.  So, now, you'll just be in the same boat a lot of others were in.

In fact, I placed my order in January and received it in August..  But how long for the replacement...  Anyway, mail sent to support and waiting for an answer..  And no life doesn't goes on with that COVID out there, people act so crazy because of it...

4 hours ago, Slion said:

Please don't!

Life these days it's pretty bad...  I'll try to stay alive...   Trying to handle all the badluck these times...

No answer from support team by now...

• Like 1

interesting...i have tested my keyboard with online tester.all buttons are working.

BUT - when i press button [-_] or ['"] tester mean that i have pressed left mouse button. Question is what happens if i will use teamviewer?

EDIT i will test more tomorrow....

Screenshot_20200812-010723_Firefox.png

Edited by CornholioGSM