RIP Pro1 - Caught a corner after a short fall

35 minutes ago, archseraphim said:

Does the version on aliexpress with frame also work with the pro1? If so that would eliminate the need for that step.

They are different.

I have also bought an Elephone display with frame by mistake which I had to remove the display from.
It was full metal anyway but Pro1's frame is at least mostly plastic (I don't know if any metal at the outside of display frame or not, but other parts are plastic).
Also, Elephone is a one-piece hardware and its display frame also includes USB connector cutout and also otherwise different from Pro1's frame.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, internationaltraitor said:

image.png.08db1f55c9d41ee8f2c91c3ac1a1bd82.png

well, based on whats included, in the lower right hand side of the picture, there's some tape, adhesive. 
not sure what he used though... or what kind of glue FxTec used... would be nice a more quality glue.

Yes I have the same kit and I was wondering if the tape provided was good enough. Having some tips on how to apply it would be great too.

23 hours ago, Slion said:

Yes I have the same kit and I was wondering if the tape provided was good enough. Having some tips on how to apply it would be great too.

yes, i am also interested if there is some type of high quality glue that maybe, some repair technicians can recommend?  and tips are greatly appreciated,, since there was one guy who explicitly stated there is no need for a heat gun , and now he's saying he definitely needed a heat gun.

am very interested since i have to change my cracked screen... its not so bad,, maybe waiting until its fully cracked lol.😁

• Like 1

I will also have replacement screens in my shop including a replacement service soon.

Also, if you use a case which covers the screen (I can take some pictures of it), then the screen is perfectly safe. Cracked mine a few times before I got the case, after that, it never happened again.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, EvilDragon said:

I will also have replacement screens in my shop including a replacement service soon.

Also, if you use a case which covers the screen (I can take some pictures of it), then the screen is perfectly safe. Cracked mine a few times before I got the case, after that, it never happened again.

What will be the source of the displays you will sell?
Will it be the same as F(x)tec source (directly from BOA if I write their name correctly) or another company or reseller?

Will you sell these displays separately?
If so, will you have a chance for testing these displays?
What I have ordered at Aliexpress works perfectly but it has missing pixels at one of the corners (it bites out of the display at one of the corners a similar curve what the corners look like but in a mirrored shape).

Could you write me an approximate selling price of it (if you have an idea of now)?

Do I understand well you have cracked your screen a few times before you found a case for it?
If you have a case, could you share a photo of it?
May you sell a case for Pro1 later?

Sorry for these questions, I am curious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, EvilDragon said:

In what country is your business located? Were you the guy who rescued a device that someone bricked and returned?