Lineage OS 17 Issues, Particularly Apps

Hi everyone. Lineage OS 17 is installed on my Pro1, coming from Lineage OS 16.  I am having trouble with a few apps and wonder if anyone can help.

Banking Apps

Finger prints log-in never works more than once. It does work on other apps, but not banking ones. I read something about deleting fingerprints folder in a certain folder but I don't think I could find it.

British Airways Executive Club and some non-UK Covid proximity detection apps

Will not open as it says my device is rooted. Can I un-root or hide that the phone is apparantly rooted?

Fingerprint Unlocking

This is still not fixed and sometimes I have to unlock manually. After charging overnight, it never unlocks in the morning with 100% failure rate. Then randomly throughout the day

Keyboard

Switching to caps lock is the main issue for me now on Lineage 17. On Lineage 16 there was cursor movement and random character generation: this is 99% gone 

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, jamescarruthers said:

Fingerprint Unlocking

I have noticed what I thought was my error: Occasionally Ignoring touching the fingerprint reader (no haptic feed back indicating an unaccepted scan), BUT after clicking the power button to show the lock screen, re-touching the fingerprint reader unlocks just fine....

• Sad 1

Thanks Eske. Pressing the power button  does indeed help sometimes but it isn't always possible to unlock the phone with the fingerprint.

I find it odd that all my bank apps work but for some reason British Airways Executive Club have decided to try to be secure and block my phone. I think I had to root it to install Lineage OS. Can I unroot it again now it is installed, or hide the status with an app? Is this what Magisk does or is that something else entirely?

10 hours ago, jamescarruthers said:

I find it odd that all my bank apps work but for some reason British Airways Executive Club have decided to try to be secure and block my phone. I think I had to root it to install Lineage OS. Can I unroot it again now it is installed, or hide the status with an app? Is this what Magisk does or is that something else entirely?

Apps are using different ways to detect if the phone has been modified. Some apps check root and others bootloader or SafetyNet status. See my post earlier for more information.

If you root your phone with Magisk and use Magisk Hide module you can make many apps to work. Then you can go even further and change the decive fingerprint to "Fxtec/QX1000_EEA/QX1000:9/PKQ1.190723.001/05500.20Q202:user/release-keys" from stock with Magisk Hide Props Config. After that trick the phone will pass SafetyNet check.

There are also ways to patch custom ROM to pass SafetyNet but the trick has to be done during building. Tdm is currently looking into this with AICP. Then the phone would pass SafetyNet right after flashing.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

Apps are using different ways to detect if the phone has been modified. Some apps check root and others bootloader or SafetyNet status. See my post earlier for more information.

Some even resort to exploiting bugs in the system, see https://medium.com/@topjohnwu/from-anime-game-to-android-system-security-vulnerability-9b955a182f20 it's quite amazing to see the lengths some apps are willing to go through just to know if you have more access to your phone or not. But yeah, root detection methods are plentiful. 

• Like 1
On 11/25/2020 at 2:25 PM, jamescarruthers said:

Hi everyone. Lineage OS 17 is installed on my Pro1, coming from Lineage OS 16.  I am having trouble with a few apps and wonder if anyone can help.

Banking Apps

Same issue here RBS Banking does not allow more than 1 login with fingerprint

On 11/25/2020 at 2:25 PM, jamescarruthers said:

British Airways Executive Club and some non-UK Covid proximity detection apps

Will not open as it says my device is rooted. Can I un-root or hide that the phone is apparantly rooted?

I'm using something very similar and I simply hiding magisk from the app, works. Also my device is not rooted all the time, I switch root on only when I need to. 

Edited by 3zet