AICP Q: Discussion

@tdm

Would it be possible to make AICP build with SafetyNet hack to pass the check? I know that there are some ROMs (like ParanoidAndroid) which passes SafetyNet check but I don't know how it is implemented. If you don't need root then you would not need to try any Magisk Hide things to pass SafetyNet.

Currently I am running Havoc OS on my Xperia XZ1 Compact and it passes SafetyNet checks by default.

July:
- Links : GApps | No GApps
- July patch and ROM patch
- Increased thermal tolerance for charging
- Safetynet is back ! It passes out of the box. No need of magisk to pass safetynet
- Uniform thermals for charging
- Upgrade display.config to 1.9 (thanks to Shujath)
- Fix overlay Reducing the notification led blinking speed
- Kernel updated to 4.4.230

• Like 2
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done a first build of AICP Q using the Lineage 17.1 sources as a base.  After it is tested for a while, I will probably try to get official support.   The boot image is used just as in

A brief update...   I've been working on a backup/restore solution for Linux (plus an Android app to drive it) that will be able to do full backup/restore, similar to TWRP.   This

So @tdm Just curious, not trying to bug you.   Is this project dead? Any possibility of AICP picking it up officially so it can get regular updates?  I obviously would like it to be resurrec

Posted Images

13 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

@tdm

Would it be possible to make AICP build with SafetyNet hack to pass the check? I know that there are some ROMs (like ParanoidAndroid) which passes SafetyNet check but I don't know how it is implemented. If you don't need root then you would not need to try any Magisk Hide things to pass SafetyNet.

Currently I am running Havoc OS on my Xperia XZ1 Compact and it passes SafetyNet checks by default.

I could check into it. Shouldn't be hard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have used this for some days now, seems to work nicely. 

I did experience some odd behavior during flashing, see attached pictures

Anyway, when I rebooted the phone worked fine.

Another thing,bin the meny somewhere you have the option "custom keymap", what is this? 

IMG_20201125_100456921.jpg

sideload.PNG

• Thanks 1

@tdm and anyone else using AICP, I am having some trouble waking it up with out the lower button and am wondering if it is just me (always a good theory).

If the lock screen shows, pressing space bar always unlocks and takes me home (I have swipe unlock, no security).

If the screen is off, pressing the spacebar once does nothing. Pressing it multiplebtimes sometimes wakes the phone up and unlockes it, but not always.

Is there a keybord shortcut I'm supposed to be using to wake the Pro1 or has that not been added yet.

I love AICP so far, by the way.  It was supposed to be an experiment befor moving on to Lineage 17.1, but I'm thinking I'm not going to move on.

Thanks!

A brief update...

I've been working on a backup/restore solution for Linux (plus an Android app to drive it) that will be able to do full backup/restore, similar to TWRP.

This is a bit of an involved project, but it will be well worth it in the end.  It will be cosmetically similar to tar on the command line to make it familiar to use, but it is an entirely new code base.  Some of the features include:

• A client/server mode for use in Android and other privilege sensitive environments.
  • Built-in compression and encryption support.
  • The Android app will most likely support remote backup/restore via an HTTP streaming API.
  • Built-in xattr support (including selinux labels).
  • Incremental backup and restore support.
  • Will backup and restore block devices.
  • And probably more that I am forgetting...

So once I get a test version I'll include it in my AICP builds.  I'll also make it available on github for those that want to give it a try on other Linux systems.

In the meantime, the Lineage folks have been busy improving stuff in 17.1, especially support for the hardware keyboard options.  I'll be making a new AICP build soon and hopefully the OTA will work this time.

• Thanks 11
7 minutes ago, tdm said:

I've been working on a backup/restore solution for Linux (plus an Android app to drive it) that will be able to do full backup/restore, similar to TWRP.

What is the chance it will work using an Android other than AICP?
Is there any chance LineageOS team will also import required code base?

14 minutes ago, VaZso said:

What is the chance it will work using an Android other than AICP?
Is there any chance LineageOS team will also import required code base?

It will work on any custom Android version including Lineage. I plan to package it as an add-on, like the su package.

• Thanks 7
3 minutes ago, tdm said:

It will work on any custom Android version including Lineage. I plan to package it as an add-on, like the su package.

Does it mean it will also work on stock LineageOS or it should be a customer compiled code base?

Just now, VaZso said:

Does it mean it will also work on stock LineageOS or it should be a customer compiled code base?

"Stock LineageOS" is a bit of an oxymoron.  It will install on LineageOS via the add-on mechanism, just like gapps and su.  I will provide that add-on, you will not need to compile it yourself.  But it will be open source, of course, so you can compile it yourself if you want.

If you are asking if Lineage will incorporate this into their builds ...  I cannot answer that.  They are currently planning to use SeedVault.  But SeedVault uses the built-in Android backup API which allows apps to opt-out of backup and restore.  This is a fatal flaw for me and many others.  So perhaps they will change their mind after my project is running... who knows.

• Thanks 5
1 minute ago, tdm said:

"Stock LineageOS" is a bit of an oxymoron.  It will install on LineageOS via the add-on mechanism, just like gapps and su. 

Does it mean users will be able to install it on the official LineageOS build for Pro1?
So the solution may not be included when one installs LineageOS but can be added by this add-on mechanism and still receive security/other updates for the base OS?

If it may work like this, then it will be a very good solution.

I hate I can not save / restore my phone correctly.

1 minute ago, VaZso said:

Does it mean users will be able to install it on the official LineageOS build for Pro1?
So the solution may not be included when one installs LineageOS but can be added by this add-on mechanism and still receive security/other updates for the base OS?

If it may work like this, then it will be a very good solution.

I hate I can not save / restore my phone correctly.

Yes, it should work just as well as gapps and su for any LineageOS version.  This includes "stock" on the Pro1-X... which, as far as I know, is just going to be a normal LineageOS weekly build installed at the factory.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, tdm said:

Yes, it should work just as well as gapps and su for any LineageOS version.  This includes "stock" on the Pro1-X... which, as far as I know, is just going to be a normal LineageOS weekly build installed at the factory.

Thanks, it sounds very good.

8 hours ago, tdm said:

"Stock LineageOS" is a bit of an oxymoron.  It will install on LineageOS via the add-on mechanism, just like gapps and su.  I will provide that add-on, you will not need to compile it yourself.  But it will be open source, of course, so you can compile it yourself if you want.

If you are asking if Lineage will incorporate this into their builds ...  I cannot answer that.  They are currently planning to use SeedVault.  But SeedVault uses the built-in Android backup API which allows apps to opt-out of backup and restore.  This is a fatal flaw for me and many others.  So perhaps they will change their mind after my project is running... who knows.

And what about stock Android? Will it be possible to fully backup?

10 hours ago, tdm said:

Some of the features include:

• A client/server mode for use in Android and other privilege sensitive environments.
  • Built-in compression and encryption support.
  • The Android app will most likely support remote backup/restore via an HTTP streaming API.
  • Built-in xattr support (including selinux labels).
  • Incremental backup and restore support.
  • Will backup and restore block devices.
  • And probably more that I am forgetting...

This sounds very nice!

will there be any good way to schedule it?

A wish would be the possibility to backup remotely via SSH or eq. to a private linux server.

next question:

What does this setting do? And how to use it?

otherwise the ROM is working great! it's my new daily now

so big thanks @tdm

Screenshot_20201128-110420_Advanced_settings.png

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Laska said:

And what about stock Android? Will it be possible to fully backup?

Maybe.  Stock imposes some restrictions: you cannot modify /system or /vendor.  This makes things more challenging.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, pebert said:

This sounds very nice!

will there be any good way to schedule it?

A wish would be the possibility to backup remotely via SSH or eq. to a private linux server.

Yes, you will be able to schedule it.  The app will allow you to schedule a daily backup.

The backup will be able to stream to a private server.  Though it will not use ssh -- it will likely use https and a CGI script.

5 hours ago, pebert said:

next question:

What does this [Custom keymap] setting do? And how to use it?

You may place a custom keymap file at "/data/system/keyboard/keymap".  At boot, this file will be read and used to modify the physical keymap.  This setting allows you to enable/disable reading the file at boot.

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, tdm said:

The backup will be able to stream to a private server.  Though it will not use ssh -- it will likely use https and a CGI script

You may place a custom keymap file at "/data/system/keyboard/keymap".  At boot, this file will be read and used to modify the physical keymap.  This setting allows you to enable/disable reading the file at boot.

Sounds great, hoping for some good guide how to set up the server, neither HTTPS, nor CGI script is my cup of tea. 

The keymap sounds great! Does it need to have any specific filename? 

On 11/27/2020 at 10:57 AM, Hook said:

@tdm and anyone else using AICP, I am having some trouble waking it up with out the lower button and am wondering if it is just me (always a good theory).

If the lock screen shows, pressing space bar always unlocks and takes me home (I have swipe unlock, no security).

If the screen is off, pressing the spacebar once does nothing. Pressing it multiple times sometimes wakes the phone up and unlocks it, but not always.

Is there a keyboard shortcut I'm supposed to be using to wake the Pro1 or has that not been added yet.

I love AICP so far, by the way.  It was supposed to be an experiment before moving on to Lineage 17.1, but I'm thinking I'm not going to move on.

Thanks!

Bump. 

This may be just me.  My Pro1 is currently almost useless because of ghost touches-- I can only get an hour or two after leaving it off a while before it returns to demon possession level (awaiting new display). But I would like to know if there is a keyboard shortcut that is supposed to wake up Pro1?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Hook said:

Bump. 

This may be just me.  My Pro1 is currently almost useless because of ghost touches-- I can only get an hour or two after leaving it off a while before it returns to demon possession level (awaiting new display). But I would like to know if there is a keyboard shortcut that is supposed to wake up Pro1?  Thanks.

Any key should wake the display, I think.

11 hours ago, John Veness said:

@tdm Is the AICP discord the only place for bug reports and feature requests for AICP in general (i.e. not Pro1-specific)? I'm more used to something structured like github issues.

I honestly don't know. But I am on discord and the aicp server is active.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another quick update...

My day job has been keeping me pretty busy, but I've made some progress.  The archiver now builds and runs on Android, both in stand-alone and client/server mode.  I have some more work to do before it is ready, but it's definitely progressing.  Also, I still have to write a basic app for creating and managing backups and restores.  I'd like to say this will be done in the next couple weeks, but I can't make any promises.

Additionally, I was reminded that neither stock nor Lineage support exfat.  So I will add that into the kernel for my AICP builds before putting out an update.  I hope to have that done within a week.  After that, I am not sure how much I'll be updating AICP Q.  All the developers, both Lineage and AICP, are focused on R now.

• Thanks 6

EDIT: this build may not be good, flash at your own risk!

Alright the new build is up.  Same link.

md5=4981e2547d288954d588d8ac4301e3f3

Build date: Dec 6, 2020

I've added exfat support, updated to the latest code, and I'm investigating why the file-based incremental updater (still!) won't work properly.  This time it is selinux issues.  Sigh.

Edited by tdm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4