Extensive hardware testing

Did some tests of my device last weekend. 

There has been quite much skepticism however the construction of the sliding mechanism is robust enough. 

Hypothesis

During severe mechanical impact the sliding mechanism will take the most damage. 

Method 

Put the device on the roof of an automobile and drive 3km on the highway in 100km/h

Result

Everything broke except sliding mechanism and the keyboard.

Reflection

It is not recommended to transport your device on the roof of your car. The sliding mechanism of the F(x)tec Pro1 is a strong and rigid design.

This Wednesday I bought one of the new units offered on eBay, it is expected to be delivered tomorrow Monday. 

20210602_093550.jpg

20210602_093605.jpg

20210520_123826.jpg

20210520_123829.jpg

20210602_093616.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 7
2 hours ago, pebert said:

Did some tests of my device last weekend. 

Ouch. :S

Just a question... would you sell its pieces together?
I don't know if it may be usable for anything, but it may worth a try...

• Like 3
10 hours ago, VaZso said:

Ouch. :S

Just a question... would you sell its pieces together?
I don't know if it may be usable for anything, but it may worth a try...

Wasn't think to do, do you want to have anything of it?

I will keep the keyboard and sliding mechanism to do som experimenting on, try to make custom keys, and fix the play in the hinges 

7 minutes ago, pebert said:

Wasn't think to do, do you want to have anything of it?

I will keep the keyboard and sliding mechanism to do som experimenting on, try to make custom keys, and fix the play in the hinges 

I was thinking of a potential replacement main board (I haven't seen if it has any injury and if so, how bad) and also I was thinking of experimenting with the play of hinges...

Anyway, if you find anything valuable regarding the play of hinges, please share with us.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I was thinking of a potential replacement main board (I haven't seen if it has any injury and if so, how bad) and also I was thinking of experimenting with the play of hinges...

Anyway, if you find anything valuable regarding the play of hinges, please share with us.

You can have the main board, just pay the shipping. 

Will take some photos. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pebert said:

You can have the main board, just pay the shipping. 

Will take some photos. 

Thank you in advance, I wrote you a private message.

Anyway, the photos you uploaded was greatly reduced by forum engine I think and that is why the actual state is not clearly visible.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, VaZso said:

the photos you uploaded was greatly reduced by forum engine

Yes this is a forum issue. They raised the bar for images in replies, at some point, but in the original posts, the limit is still rather low...

I'm not sure if this was by accident, or a deliberate attempt from stopping spamming bots flooding the servers with garbage.
I'll tag @Erik in case it was by accident.

On 6/17/2021 at 10:22 AM, _DW_ said:

Did multiple cars go over it 😄

The keyboard actually looks in good condition still.   I definitely wouldn't trust that battery not to explode 😄

it was laying in the middle of the highway for ~30 minutes before I managed to pick it up. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I'm still starting small. After I managed to break the screen a few weeks ago by dropping the device (had it repaired), yesterday I poured a good measure of beer over it (thankfully non-alcoholic, otherwise it would have also been a shame because of the beer) – good thing the phone was closed, I switched it off, cleaned it, dried it and it took no harm...

• Like 5
  • Haha 4