Fingerprint reader extremely hot

My four months old Fxtec Pro 1 (qwerty) started act funny last week.

Fingerprint reader gets very hot and stopped working. The reader is hot ecery time I try to use it.

I tried to restore factory settings, but it didn't help.

The  phone does get kind of warm when charged with the fast charger.

Faulty battery?

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, Mazilator said:

The  phone does get kind of warm when charged with the fast charger.

This part is a general thing, and I advise people to ONLY use fast charging when strictly needed, for any device with a not easy user-replaceable battery. (see other threads)

The Fingerprint-reader-issues sounds like a hardware failure, I suggest you to contact Support https://fxtec.com/support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

My phone has run into this issue as of today as well. The sensor is hot enough to burn you and it gets that way as soon as the phone is powered on. I'm probably just going to disconnect the sensor since it appears to just be attached to the main board with a removable connector looking at tear-down photos. I am a little shocked to see how common of an issue this is with fingerprint sensors in general.

Edited by Party_Grunt
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I ended up just disconnecting the plug for the sensor and that was that. The sensor appears to be molded into the plastics lining the aluminum back cover so I would need a new cover to replace it if I ever could find the sensor itself. Not much of an issue for me though as I found the sensor more annoying than useful to be honest.

On 11/18/2020 at 1:18 PM, Mazilator said:

My phone is now at Fxtec's hands. Let see if they can locate the problem.

I am curious if they determined if the fault was just the sensor, or if something like a power fault on the main board caused the sensor to malfunction.

Edited by Party_Grunt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

My phone is now fixed.

This is the message I got from Fxtec support:

The device has now been repaired. We've swapped the keyboard body of your Pro1 with a replacement which swaps both the battery and the fingerprint scanner. 

I`m so happy that I can use my Pro 1 again. Let's hope Pro 1 X production goes smoothly so I can get a spare one soon in case my Pro 1 needs repair again 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Had this Issue on a Huawei P20 Pro before - fingerprint sensor getting hot, due to that fast discharging battery. Disconnected the connector aswell to save costs.

Just want to point out, that I would not blame F(x)Tec for that fault, defects like that can occur. (imagine this happening on an 🍏7/8..)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...

Hello, I'm using pro1 model, and today I found out, that fingerprint sensor overheats when phone is turned on.
Overheating starts just after boot logo.
Sensor is not working and temperature makes it impossible to touch.
Is this common issue, is there any way to fix it?

P.S. Phone is on stock firmware.

• Like 1

I disassembled phone - issue is with sensor itself, connector is fine, sensor overheats, it is possible to order new sensor somehow?
Or maybe new back cover with sensor in it?
Currently I disconnected sensor, all seems fine, guess I will have more battery life rn. Never used it anyways🤪

Edited by Ivan Raiskiy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 3 months later...
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Fingerprint reader extremely hot