PRO1, AICP 16.1 (Android R) Official Build

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is now official. Builds are weekly, currently scheduled for Wednesdays.   Install instructions are exactly as LineageOS 18.1.   Download site: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Thanks for mentioning my LOS 16 builds. For completeness: @daniel.schaaaf maintains an unofficial ROM of LOS 17.1 (Android 10) for the Pro1. In principle, the sources of all four LOS branche

Thanks @tdm, links added here 😁

Posted Images

I seem to have successfully flashed AICP 16, but I'll update once I have the phone fully set up again which will take me a while with other things I have to do.  It booted up and is running very smoothly.  I used the Lineage 18 recovery and started by wiping data/factory resetting, assuming a dirty flash wasn't a good idea.  I did adb sideload and then, as always, rebooted to recovery.  When I did that, I got a few mounting errors (which I didn't write down, sorry) which I chose to ignore. Lol.  I flashed Magisk and open gapps nano and booted the system.  Usual longer bootup for first time.  Everything seems to be running smoothly.  However, new wrinkle for root.  I couldn't get root at first for Root Explorer, so I tapped the magisk icon.  It said it needed to "download" (didn't say what) to finish setup.  So, I let it do that but declined opening the manager afterwards.  I now have SU just as I had with Lineage.

Can't wait to get everything set up again and, especially, re-exploring the AICP options.  It has the September security patch, by the way.

• Like 3

Just a final note.  Have most everything set up again and I am loving being back on AICP-- my favorite tweak being that it uses Slim Recents.  Still tweaking, but everything is running smoothly.

• Like 3

(Just downloaded, will flash within minutes 😍)

It did not install with the previous AICP-q boot.img, but it did install with the latest LineageOS 18.1 .img

open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210712.zip installed as well.

So now i'm back on AICP after being 'unfaithfu'l using LineageOS 18.1 for some weeks on the 'final sample' too. Lovely. 😁

Battery saver "Battery may run out soon ....blah blah .... 40%"
I would say that kicks in a little early.... But it was when it still installed apps in the background, so the projected remaining time was low as could be expected.

I usually turn on USB debugging quickly, but a good idea on stock, It asks if you want to white-list the computer
, it increases the security.

Ctrl+Space does not allow keylayout-swap, but sticks to US. Looks a lot like the bug on LineageOS 18, when an Accessibility app interferes with the keyboard - but not activated any (yet), so not exactly the same...

• Like 2

ADD: A really low priority bug.

When attepmting unlocking with the fingerprint scanner from display-off it quite often does not work..
If I then press Power and tries again (from the lock screen) it (AFAIK) always works, including the haptic feedback.

I THINK it is could be related with how deep it sleeps, that is if after a while in lock it might work if by some chance I touch it while a wake lock has woken the system, e.g. to check mails. But that is pure guesswork.

This is absolutely a low priority issue, but just to the list to remember if more important things fails to do as expected while the device is asleep.

• Like 2

Updated to the  22 SEP weekly via OTA.  All went smoothly and root was maintained,  Basically, looks like the same updater Lineage uses and has the same result.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@tdm  This is from the AICP-Q thread, but I'm wondering if any progress has been made on this?

On 11/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, tdm said:

A brief update...

I've been working on a backup/restore solution for Linux (plus an Android app to drive it) that will be able to do full backup/restore, similar to TWRP.

This is a bit of an involved project, but it will be well worth it in the end.  It will be cosmetically similar to tar on the command line to make it familiar to use, but it is an entirely new code base.  Some of the features include:

• A client/server mode for use in Android and other privilege sensitive environments.
  • Built-in compression and encryption support.
  • The Android app will most likely support remote backup/restore via an HTTP streaming API.
  • Built-in xattr support (including selinux labels).
  • Incremental backup and restore support.
  • Will backup and restore block devices.
  • And probably more that I am forgetting...

So once I get a test version I'll include it in my AICP builds.  I'll also make it available on github for those that want to give it a try on other Linux systems.

I

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Hook said:

Updated to the  06 OCT weekly via OTA.  All went smoothly and root was maintained, September security patch (wasn't expecting October patch this early).

(I was lazy and did it OTA too, this time, went fine)

• Haha 1

...i have little problem. always after two days on battery - when is battery on around 20% and when i connect charger phone says "plugged in, can't charge right now". 

After reboot is all fine...i can reconnect charger many times and always charging

On old aosp rom was all fine

Edited by CornholioGSM
2 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

...i have little problem. always after two days on battery - when is battery on around 20% and when i connect charger phone says "plugged in, can't charge right now". 

After reboot is all fine...i can reconnect charger many times and always charging

On old aosp rom was all fine

I never let my Pro1 drop that low, but it is no doubt related to this problem that has been identified in Lineage 18.1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Update to October 20, with October 1 security patch using flash, and with OpenGapps-Pico went smoothly.
Known keyboard bug still there (see lineage thread)

Worked fine with OTA as well.  🙂

• Like 1

Whoa! It had been a while that I didn't log in here. This is tremendously good news. @tdm being back and AICP with weekly builds. Thank you so much.

Has anyone tried dirty flashing over the previous AICP? It would be better for me to not have to contact my banks to recreate all the smart tokens etc.

Not in my case.  I went back to Lineage for a while to keep up with security updates.  But given the version of Android has changed, I think it would be risky.  On the other hand, why not try it... the worst that happens is you end up having to wipe after all, but maybe it will work.  Just back up your data.

• Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, AICP 16.1 (Android R) Official Build