Pro1x shipping in February?

They are terrible with public relations. They seem to be quite afraid to give realistic or controversial information... Which is going against them, in this case.

However, they are pushing for the correct thing.

1. The Pro¹ is a real phone which real people have.
  2. Images of Pro¹X are realistic and I believe they are real of a real thing to come.
  3. They are terrible (over-positive?) at time predictions but they deliver. Pro¹ had those issues two for the ones delivered.
  4. They are unable to have priority due to how low volumes they sell compared to companies that order by the millions or billions at a time.

Even then!

1. The Motox keyboard addon (previous crowdfunding) was successfully refunded to whoever asked.
  2. The competition is too fierce given what they have to deal with.

Is this enough?

Edited by brunoais
typo
  • Like 4

Hello, my order here is from April 2021. Hopefully will receive phone soon, 1 year waiting is too much ... During this time UK left EU, so I don't know if additional taxes will be charged when/if phone is delivered to Bulgaria ... I'm not optimist that delivery will be at February (it still not produced and finished), maybe March or April in best scenario.

Edited by valyo_bg
  • Like 1

September 2019, here (I probably was one of the very few original orderers who couldn't be served anymore off the last batch of the Pro¹) – plus an IGG order from October 2020. Just to put things in perspective 😉 

Having found a pre-owned device in the meantime, I can of course be a bit more relaxed than others as to when those devices will finally be delivered. Reading F(x)tec's latest progress update, I would guess it will not be before March, more probably April.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Kyle927edward said:

Good lord there is no hope here for the promised “February” shipment for the pro 1 x. Thank you for your input and time 

Eh, after waiting two years for the first one to come around we've set our expectations low.  Pessimists are rarely disappointed when they're wrong. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Jack T. Chance said:

So, the question now is, must we pre-order the Pro1 X?  Can't we just order the original Pro1 that they already made? 🤔

Pro 1 is no longer being made and there is no  old stock.  

24 minutes ago, Jack T. Chance said:

Lame. 😒

This is because Pro1's SoC (SDM835) became unavailable for F(x)tec.

They had promise of SDM835 for Pro1-X manufacturing but it was sold to someone else and Pro1-X had to be redesigned which caused an additional but huge delay as they had to redesign the phone, re-test everything and build up software environment for its new SoC...

• Thanks 2
32 minutes ago, DamianT said:

But what I see that they don't keep promises throws me off a little too much.

Even the hugest players have problems getting components for their goods, so no big surprise that it goes for a tiny player too... If they are guilty of anything here, it is being over optimistic in these harsh times.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Even the hugest players have problems getting components for their goods, so no big surprise that it goes for a tiny player too...

Unfortunately, that is true and the more complex a product is, the more it is affected by this problem.
Also including regulatory certifications only apply for unmodified electronics, it is not allowed to continuously changing components depending on their availability and these certifications are expensive  processes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1