Unihertz Titan Slim

9 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

The only reservations (with Fxtec's notoriously failing USB sockets in mind) I'm having with the Honor specs-wise is that it doesn't do wireless charging. Maybe I should take care to get a warrantied one from a EU dealer...

You can get magnetic connection plugs (that also do data just fine), and this reduces the wear of the usb-port substantially. Have been using that on all my phones since galaxy 6, and BB priv.

• Like 2
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So as some of u know i recently bought and received a Unihertz Titan Slim true kickstarter  its can be found here : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jellyphone/titan-slim-the-new-sleek-and-slim-

Me too: https://eskerahn.dk/?p=4539 Most important: Settings ► Intelligent assistance ► Other Settings ► Home key function ► Double press to launcher.

EDIT:  Decided to finally clip this tangent off the Unihertz Slim thread, since I was kind of responsible for the tangent.  :D  Took me a couple of tries to figure out how "split" works, but I did it.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

You can get magnetic connection plugs (that also do data just fine), and this reduces the wear of the usb-port substantially. Have been using that on all my phones since galaxy 6, and BB priv.

Ditto here too... including both my Pro1 and Pro1x.

22 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes, I know – I've been using them on all kinds of devices for quite some time now, starting with the Pro1, but at least the type I used didn't prevent the Pro1 socket from breaking...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Yes, I know – I've been using them on all kinds of devices for quite some time now, starting with the Pro1, but at least the type I used didn't prevent the Pro1 socket from breaking...

yes, you are right, there still are some load at the socket, so no wonder-cure, just reduction.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

yes, you are right, there still are some load at the socket, so no wonder-cure, just reduction.

Maybe it also was a thing between the specific connectors I've been using (and am still using on a lot of other devices) and the Pro1/Pro1X.  Other than most other devices, like, for example, the Titan Slim phone, the connector used to have some play when inserted into the socket. With my next phone (ordered the Magic V2 from the manufacturer's shop yesterday when I saw they have a 300 € discount right now) or when I get one of the Fxtec phones back to use, I'll try to make sure to use a connector that fits tightly...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1

@Rob. S. An honest write-up of the Slim and its pros and cons. I've been daily driving my Pocket since September and it has not failed me once, phone-wise. Callers can actually hear me--who knew!

That said, the square screen can make some internet sites difficult and I'm actually drifting to the idea of a Slim because I stink at typing regardless of the kb and the Slim's rectangular display would probably be an easier thing when browsing.

I imagine we will all end up with foldable phones. I've yet to trust the current hardware, but it's bound to become standard. As usual, the more things change, the more they stay the same. I still have this machine and it used mobile data, and the Sony Tablet P almost worked as an actual phone:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/sony-tablet-s-and-tablet-p-take-aim-at-the-ipad/

Edited by jakfish
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...