Pro1-X is always in EDL mode after doing 'Erase All' in QFIL

I tried to flash stock android via QFIL tool on Windows 10.

Before this, I have dumped 'persist, modemst2, modemst1, fsc, fsg' via edl tool.

In QFIL, I select 'Erase All before download' as the attached image.

After flashed, Pro1-X is always in EDL mode and cannot enter android system anymore.

I tried to restore persist image via edl tool but no luck.

Could anyone help guide me how to fix it ?

Thanks

Here are the link I used:

Android: https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3643-pro1-x-flashing-stock-android-with-qfil-windows-pc-only/

Backup: https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3630-pro¹-x-backup-restore-and-repair-device-specific-partitions/

1.jpg

• Sad 1

Finally, this issue has been fixed by restoring backup files.

I need pass '--memory=ufs' for each command

$ ./edl w persist ./persist_backup.img --memory=ufs
$ sleep 3
$ ./edl w modemst2 ./modemst2_backup.img --memory=ufs
$ sleep 3
$ ./edl w modemst1 ./modemst1_backup.img --memory=ufs
$ sleep 3
$ ./edl w fsc ./fsc_backup.img --memory=ufs
$ sleep 3
$ ./edl w fsg ./fsg_backup.img --memory=ufs
$ sleep 3

Here is link for my backup files if you need them: https://github.com/steward-fu/pro1x/releases/tag/v1.0

Thanks

1.jpg

• Thanks 8
  • 1 year later...
On 2022/11/12 at PM8点41分, steward said:

最后,通过恢复备份文件解决了这个问题。

我需要为每个命令传递“--memory=ufs”

如果您需要的话,这里是我的备份文件的链接:  https://github.com/steward-fu/pro1x/releases/tag/v1.0

谢谢

1.jpg

I encountered the same problem as you and wanted to fix it through your method, but your backup file cannot be downloaded. Can you send another one?

3 hours ago, kelvin said:

I encountered the same problem as you and wanted to fix it through your method, but your backup file cannot be downloaded. Can you send another one?

The OP hasn't been here in a while, but your best bet is to put in a mention so he is notified-- like this:  @steward

On 4/12/2024 at 9:29 PM, Hook said:

The OP hasn't been here in a while, but your best bet is to put in a mention so he is notified-- like this:  @steward

I found that the official firmware in the pinned post may not be suitable for my phone. My model is pro1x, which was produced before it was discontinued. It has the same 1050 model as my friend’s other CPU model, but the cameras are different. Taking pictures is obviously different. It's good, so I downloaded the top post Release_SM6115_S701_V2.1.5_20220906-2009_user and used QFIL 9008 to flash the machine. I can flash it in, but I can't start it. I flashed the ROOT of LINEOAGES and I can start it, but there is no WIFI and sound. Is it official before the discontinuation of production? Small changes to the hardware? Does anyone know?

4 hours ago, kelvin said:

I found that the official firmware in the pinned post may not be suitable for my phone. My model is pro1x, which was produced before it was discontinued. It has the same 1050 model as my friend’s other CPU model, but the cameras are different. Taking pictures is obviously different. It's good, so I downloaded the top post Release_SM6115_S701_V2.1.5_20220906-2009_user and used QFIL 9008 to flash the machine. I can flash it in, but I can't start it. I flashed the ROOT of LINEOAGES and I can start it, but there is no WIFI and sound. Is it official before the discontinuation of production? Small changes to the hardware? Does anyone know?

There are 3 different versions:

- Original black Pro1 (QX1000), CPU: Snapdragon 835

- Planned blue Pro1-X (QX1050), CPU: Snapdragon 835 (only small batch produced)

- Latest blue Pro1-X (QX1050), CPU: Snapdragon 662 (also different camera)

You should select the firmware based on CPU. I think that nobody has highlighted the difference between SD835 QX1050 and SD662 QX1050 since so few SD835 QX1050 untis exist.

• Thanks 1

hmmm ok so if you have "limited" version of 1X then you must ask for correct firmware directly by fxtec.

At this time is not good idea to flash firmware for another 1x model.

...different camera is not biggest problem....but cpu, emmc partition / size is big problem.

• Thanks 2
On 4/14/2024 at 7:23 PM, FlyingAntero said:

You should select the firmware based on CPU. I think that nobody has highlighted the difference between SD835 QX1050 and SD662 QX1050 since so few SD835 QX1050 untis exist.

Good point, but I would assume the SD835 QX1050 (aka. "Pre-Christmas-Pro1-X") to be compatible with the SD835 QX1000 ("original Pro1"). To my knowledge there are no differences besides larger built-in storage and larger RAM. Both should™ not prevent you from flashing an original Pro1 ROM. Have you tried that? Images made for the "post-downgrade" QX1050 with SD662 surely cannot work on a Pre-Christmas-Pro1-X (with SD835).

On 4/14/2024 at 8:26 PM, CornholioGSM said:

...different camera is not biggest problem...

Certainly true. But the different camera (two lenses vs. one lens) is the most apparent external difference between a "Pre-Christmas Pro1-X" (really an SD835 Pro1) from a regular (i.e. post-downgrade-) Pro1-X with SD662.