Benchmark Pro¹ vs Pro¹X

All I can say up to now is that the raw GPU performance of the Pro1-X is indeed much lower than the Pro1's. In Super Tux Kart (love that game!) the X reaches somewhat less than half the frame rate, given identical graphics settings (top: Pro1, bottom: Pro1-X):

SuperTuxKart_Pro1.thumb.jpg.11f7f53295edc30c69110306a1bc485d.jpgSuperTuxKart_Pro1X.thumb.jpg.7e9d1d8c51704226a89cc20d8bc0e185.jpg

While this is unfortunately quite noticeable in a fast-paced game like that, it of course does not matter much in normal phone use.

In many cases the Pro1-X actually feels faster than the Pro1, e.g. when launching apps, as if the disk-IO was faster. However, that may also be related to Android 11 (on the Pro1-X) being better optimized than my good-old Lineage 16.0 (on the Pro1); or simply due to the fact that, up to now, I have way less stuff installed and running in the background on the Pro1-X compared to the Pro1 (which is my daily).

Once Lineage becomes available, I plan to port my Debian-chroot setup to the X, which should provide me with all the low-level Unix benchmarking tools I'm used to, and allow for a more in-depth comparison of the two devices.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Name_not_avail said:

Geekbench 5 results on my Pro 1x are here:  https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/18809529

The biggest downgrade is the unusable microphone while making LTE voice calls (but to be fair I never had a Pro 1 to compare that problem with).

And https://browser.geekbench.com/search?utf8=✓&q=fxtec provides several tests from PRO1s (aka qx1000 internally), so roughly 1/4 slower, but there are huge variation in the numbers, so hard to say anything really fair.

Search for qx10150 give other Pro1X tests in august, and they match your numbers rather close.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Name_not_avail said:

The biggest downgrade is the unusable microphone while making LTE voice calls

While I believe this problem is real, it has almost certainly nothing to do with the Pro1X's CPU or GPU performance.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, claude0001 said:

All I can say up to now is that the raw GPU performance of the Pro1-X is indeed much lower than the Pro1's. In Super Tux Kart (love that game!) the X reaches somewhat less than half the frame rate, given identical graphics settings (top: Pro1, bottom: Pro1-X):

I wouldn't put too much importance into the PrawnX frame rate, on the screenshot above you were on for a podium position.  😆🏁

• Haha 4
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, RobinRamirez said:

I think when playing games, Pro1x seems to be better. Performance and graphics are both outstanding. I have tested on both machines and I highly recommend Pro1x

Compared using their stock systems?

Pro1 runs much smoother using LineageOS, however, Pro1X may also have some benefit of LineageOS once it becomes fully functional.

On 1/6/2023 at 6:19 AM, RobinRamirez said:

I think when playing games, Pro1x seems to be better. Performance and graphics are both outstanding. I tried playing  best games online on both devices and i found Pro1x better performance

You might have triggered the "HDMI bug" on the Pro1 because Pro1 is much more faster phone than Pro1-X. When I plug Pro1 to monitor via HDMI performance start to lag after locking and unlocking the screen. For some reason the chip cannot maintain good performance even so that thermals are not an issue. When you turn off and restart the phone it will be fixed. Unplugging HDMI cable does not fix it. There might be some other thing that triggers the bug also but I have only noticed HDMI.

Gaming performance on Pro1 without bug 

spacer.png

Gaming performance on Pro1 with bug 

spacer.png

As you can see, the average FPS is about the same but there is a big difference in the gaming experience due non stabile FPS. More information about the "HDMI bug" can be seen below.

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2834-serious-performance-issues/?do=findComment&comment=51961