Pro1X won't boot after flashing Pro1 image

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me, my phone is close to Bricked. I got the phone yesterday and thought I'd flash LineageOS onto it. This is basically what I did:

• I followed the instructions here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1/install
  • I used this image: lineage-19.1-20221128-nightly-pro1-signed.zip
  • I used this recovery: lineage-19.1-20221128-recovery-pro1.img
  • I flashed these gapps: NikGapps-basic-arm64-12-20220908-signed.zip
  • Rebooted the phone

Now the phone just boots to the select screen, where you can choose recovery, fastboot, poweroff etc. Any option I select from here reboot the phone and comes back to this menu - except poweroff. I can't get into fastboot mode to reflash anything.

I've tried the Factory Restore Tool. I can get into EDL mode by pressing the volume up, down and power buttons. My phone is detected by the software but when I click Flash it just says "Cannot open device" and does nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

If you just got the phone it seems you might be mixing Pro1 and Pro1X images.... There are no official Lineage image for the Pro1X (yet).

Take a look here

PS: When I last tried neither OpenGapps nor NikGapps worked for the Pro1 (no X) Lineage 19, the only working GAPPS-option seems to be the rather huge package MTG. See the official links here.

• 1 month later...

O-dear.. I when thought the steps got to the last (Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.)

Restarted with USB cable in phone. Now phone only start in fastboot mode (has the green start at top of screen. I pick any option and phone starts in the same mode can this be recoved?

Many Thanks (M_P)

Edited by Milky_Pimms
  • Milky_Pimms changed the title to I think I bricked my FX pro trying to flash lineage 20.0

They made an official guide here

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3643-pro1-x-flashing-stock-android-with-qfil-windows-pc-only/

It is a bit complex. There might be easier ways to do it, but unfortunately there isn't (currently ?) a simple version with a zip file (like the one you used for the Pro1 Lineage), I have asked for that, and hopefully we will get it at some point...

• Thanks 1

Contrary to that guide, I've also read that QPST/QFIL does not even work in a Windows VM under Linux (let alone under Wine, as there is no direct USB access under Wine). For QPST/QFIL, it would seem you really need a 'physical' Windows system.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Milky_Pimms said:

O-dear.. I when thought the steps got to the last (Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then “Reboot system now”.)

Restarted with USB cable in phone. Now phone only start in fastboot mode (has the green start at top of screen. I pick any option and phone starts in the same mode can this be recoved?

Many Thanks (M_P)

I made exactly the same mistake (you'll find my similar post somewhere a few weeks ago)

But don't stress, the link EskeRahn gave you works, I followed the guide and got my phone working again. Just go through it carefully step by step.

I can also confirm it does work in a Windows VM running on Linux, it does with Qemu/KVM anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Pro1X won't boot after flashing Pro1 image
35 minutes ago, doubleddav said:

I can also confirm it does work in a Windows VM running on Linux, it does with Qemu/KVM anyway

Thanks! That's good to know. The source I had my information from must have done something wrong there then...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know what I'm doing wrong QFIL won't talk to the phone but Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3) is there. The only step I have not follow is the decompression of the tar.gz tar Release_SM6115_S701_gms_V2.1.2_20220707-1501_user.tar.gz I use Release_SM6115_S701_V2.1.5_20220906-2009_user-001.rar and 7zip then the files needed show.

I'm I missing tar on the windows VM? sorry if its a dum question powershell won't unzip the tar.gz for me.

The screenshot of the file on the right is the one I need?

Screenshot from 2023-01-05 12-17-45.png

Screenshot from 2023-01-05 12-18-40.png

Screenshot from 2023-01-05 12-19-23.png

Screenshot from 2023-01-05 12-32-44.png

Just going through the guide again to refresh my memory. I can't remember if I hit any snags and worked around them without thinking and making a note of what I did. The screenshots you've provided look OK, I think the USB is being detected properly.

You choose either Release_SM6115_S701_gms_V2.1.2_20220707-1501_user.tar.gz or Release_SM6115_S701_V2.1.5_20220906-2009_user-001.rar. The first I believe has google play services, the other doesn't

You can extract either archive with 7zip. If you use the .tar.gz file you might need to extract it twice, from .tar.gz → .tar, then .tar → folder

🙂

Edited by doubleddav

Got there in the end.. I put the comms problem down as Windows version and or CPU architect using USB 3.0 port. Bear-metal with up to update win10 and Intel HQ7700 got me over the line. My ferdora rig is packing a Ryzen 7 3000.   

Let's see how I got with UBports..

Thank all for all your input

(M_P)

Edited by Milky_Pimms
more info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome you got it working too. It would be great if someone would combine this in a step-by step guide, for future references for others (I will add a link to it in the main flash post)
(It does not have to be super detailed, just with the steps that are not obvious)

3 minutes ago, Milky_Pimms said:

G'day @EskeRahn one thing to add after recovery fire flash, the phone now has 8G in storage when it had 256G before my brain fart.

Is there a way to fix the partition?

(M_P)

For some odd reason a 'factory reset' is needed after the flash of stock.

• Thanks 1