So after patiently waiting for fxtec to come through and give me my refund for my canceled order placed on 2021.04.21 I called my credit card company and disputed the charges. I gave them all the information (date order placed, order #, number of emails I sent asking for a refund, how I contacted them, and the fact that no credit or confirmation of refund has been provided along with no contact from the "finance team").

I am happy to report that despite it being over 2 years, my credit card company provided me with a FULL refund and said that they will handle the rest of the claim.

I did not want to have to go that route, but I just don't trust that fxtec would have processed the refund any time in the near future or (honestly) at all.

For those of you waiting for a refund, call you bank or CC company and file a dispute.

@EskeRahn feel free to file this post or merge it as you see fit.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
On 3/18/2023 at 1:08 PM, EskeRahn said:

So sad that such steps were needed, but at the least you got your money,

I feel sad too. Today it officially cleared. I'm glad that there is at least some recourse for those people who really, truly want a refund.

image.thumb.png.cf2bc571eea754008e0ee322453f053b.png

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, sequestris said:

there is at least some recourse for those people who really, truly want a refund.

To be clear, I assume this was ordered on their website, not an IGG backing?  IGG folks do not have this recourse, as far as I know.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Hook said:

To be clear, I assume this was ordered on their website, not an IGG backing?  IGG folks do not have this recourse, as far as I know.

Yes, I ordered directly from the website not IGG. But I guess it really does depend.
IGG's refund policy says that you should contact your campaign owner.
Nowhere on the original campaign is there a disclaimer saying "No guarantee of equipment being provided" or anything like that.
So I guess it then becomes a matter for the CC or bank.

I honestly think whether it was through IGG or the website directly, once anyone provides the documentation saying that they did not get what they ordered, it has literally been years, and the company will not communicate regarding refunds, the banks/CC company will take over and you will get the same results I did.

8 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

"Devices for the remaining backers are ready and in Hong Kong. Due to ongoing difficulties with our shipping partner, we are working through getting them shipped as soon as possible. We cannot share further details as we do not want to breach business confidentiality. "

Those are really the same words in different order.

5 hours ago, sequestris said:

Nowhere on the original campaign is there a disclaimer saying "No guarantee of equipment being provided" or anything like that.

From IGG:

you accept the risk that the project may experiences changes, delays, unforeseen challenges, and it's possible that a project you fund might not come to fruition. We leave it up to you to make your own judgment about a campaign’s merits before making a contribution.

I believe, iirc, language to that effect also appears when you make your pledge.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, sequestris said:

Those are really the same words in different order.

Yes, but in the comment section they also have this
"This action was taken by our warehouse in an attempt to recover a some of the outstanding balance that they are due to paid by us. To put it shortly, shipping costs have increased substantially during the pandemic and after."

and to a question on how time helps

"We have other products and services unrelated to smartphones. In fact that’s what funded all of the Pro1 X production."

That really is saying that they are lacking funds right now, and obviously that would also affect pending refunds.

• Like 3

I order things to the US from China not regularly, but frequently.
The longest I have had to wait in the past 3 years has been about 3 weeks from order to delivery.
Most recently I ordered something on March 8th and got the package on March 17th.

I am not saying that fxtec does not have legit problems; I'm just saying there is more to the story.

I really feel bad for them, because it's a great phone and they did such an amazing thing taking on the market and producing a device that mostly lives up to its promise.
I love my Pro1. I wanted my husband to love his X.
I hope that they come through for the rest of the backers and people who have ordered. I want them to be a successful company.
They will always have my emotional support, just not financial because (whether their fault or not) that is a risk.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, sequestris said:

I am not saying that fxtec does not have legit problems; I'm just saying there is more to the story.

If they have not got the money to send the devices, then that sort of is enough to delay the whole thing until they have enough cool cash from their other activities.

4 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

If they have not got the money to send the devices, then that sort of is enough to delay the whole thing until they have enough cool cash from their other activities.

I just meant I don't even think THEY know the extent of what is going on.

• Sad 1

Lucky you, I contacted my bank and they contacted fxtec bank to ask for refund (fxtec support is completely ignoring me for months) , but the refund is not possible, said the money has already been used up, at least they finally confirmed my order which I payed for half a year ago, I guess just 1.5 more years to go, whether it be refund or the phone, i'd like either one at this point

Edited by Flustig
  • Sad 1
20 hours ago, Flustig said:

Lucky you, I contacted my bank and they contacted fxtec bank to ask for refund (fxtec support is completely ignoring me for months) , but the refund is not possible, said the money has already been used up, at least they finally confirmed my order which I payed for half a year ago, I guess just 1.5 more years to go, whether it be refund or the phone, i'd like either one at this point

There is no such thing as money used up. Your account and purchases are insured. Where do you live?

8 hours ago, sequestris said:

There is no such thing as money used up. Your account and purchases are insured. Where do you live?

I guess that indeed would seem to matter; in the EU, for all I know, banks do not insure you against unfulfilled purchases, and they do not revoke money transfers, save for the exceptional case that the money was not transferred by the buyer but withdrawn by the seller through an expressly given direct debit mandate. (Even then, there's a limited objection period, which in Germany is eight weeks.) If someone has a claim, they have to take legal action against the person who owes them something...

On 3/24/2023 at 5:23 PM, Rob. S. said:

I guess that indeed would seem to matter; in the EU, for all I know, banks do not insure you against unfulfilled purchases, and they do not revoke money transfers, save for the exceptional case that the money was not transferred by the buyer but withdrawn by the seller through an expressly given direct debit mandate. (Even then, there's a limited objection period, which in Germany is eight weeks.) If someone has a claim, they have to take legal action against the person who owes them something...

I am so sorry to hear that. I don't know much about financial institutions other than in the US the customer generally is favored in transactions.