How to unroot pro1x

If you didn't root the device, then it's not rooted. Unless you use some prerooted ROM.

Probably those apps report that bootloader is unlocked.

Maybe you can try to lock bootloader again

Ooops, bad idea, sorry

Edited by Wunder Wungiel
1 minute ago, Wunder Wungiel said:

If you didn't root the device, then it's not rooted. Unless you use some prerooted device.

Probably those apps report that bootloader is unlocked.

Maybe you can try to lock bootloader again:

NO!  If it is on LOS, do NOT try to lock the bootloader.  That can only be done on stock!

Yes, the apps may be detecting the bootloader being unlocked.

You obviously bought yours second hand. 

If it is rooted, it was most likely done using Magisk.  See if Magisk manager is in the app tray.  If you open it, it should offer to uninstall Magisk, which I assume unroots, although I have never tried it (I have never unrooted after rooting unless I was wiping and reflashing everything).

I have no idea if a Factory Reset would get rid of root, maybe someone else knows.

2 minutes ago, Wunder Wungiel said:

Oh. Sorry then.

Is it new thing? Once I locked bootloader on Nexus 5 with Lineage OS. But it's much older device.

Not sure, but it is true for the Pro1 and Pro1x.  It will brick the device.  I've never tried to relock a bootloader on any previous device, so I don't know.  Had Dirty Unicorns on my Nexus 5.  I miss that phone.  😉

40 minutes ago, Wunder Wungiel said:

Once I locked bootloader on Nexus 5 with Lineage OS.

For some phones, the bootloader can be re-locked after LineageOS has been installed, provided they have not been rooted. I know that this is possible e.g. on the FairPhone 3. However, this is not generally the case, and users here have reported that they bricked their prawns while trying ...

So yes, device is not rooted but it is unlocked. It arrived like this, which was probably be needed anyway to put LOS.

Anyway, so apps seems to misbehave, I believe, because of that. Could anyone check if either

- front camera works during revolut app login process, face verification step

- camera works in signal messanger when trying to make a photo from inside the signal app

Both are failing for me, I would like to know if it is related to pro1x and LOS.

6 hours ago, jangorecki said:

....rooted. Or at least is being detected as such by some apps.

In Denmark we have a horrible poorly written app, that everyone(!) is sort of forced to use: MitId (that is translated: My Id), and this app completely randomly claims that your device is rooted, and refuses to work, and you have to start all over with reinstall (or at the least wipe all the apps data) and verify yourself with your passport and photos to reinitialize it (Takes at the least five minutes each time), and it might work a few times until it again claims the device is rooted... Utterly useless app, that currently has a rating of 1.5/5!!!! And yet it is mandatory - hence over a million downloads... A true scandalous app....

You need this app to a lot of stuff e.g. to perform online payments with Visa.

This app works infinitesimally less bad on Pro1X than Pro1, though practically useless on any device, and you need to carry your passport to be able to reinitialize it, when you need it (Just as bad on Iphones, also 1.5/5)

• Sad 1