LineageOS 21.0 Unofficial (OddSolutions) for Pro1

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried (very optimistically) to do an update (dirty even!)

from

lineage-20.0-20240127-nightly-pro1-signed.zip and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20230808_213316

to

(lineage-20.0-20240122-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20230808_213316)

Despite the gapps clearly being for 13 and not 14. The gapps flash failed, most likely for that reason.

It booted though (unsurprisingly) taking a while for first boot.

But it works, and got some gapps build in by default.

Something with the keyboard-language does not seem to work. US only, and you can not select more than one for swap with Ctrl+Space.

It does however have the switch for whether the hardware is the odd shifted QWERTY or the 'unshifted' German QWERTZ.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Just tried (very optimistically) to do an update (dirty even!)

from

lineage-20.0-20240127-nightly-pro1-signed.zip and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20230808_213316

to

(lineage-20.0-20240122-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20230808_213316)

Despite the gapps clearly being for 13 and not 14. The gapps flash failed, most likely for that reason.

It booted though (unsurprisingly taking a while for first boot.

But it works, and got some gapps build in by default.

Something with the keyboard-language does not seem to work. US only, and you can not select more than one for swap with Ctrl+Space.

It does however have the switch for whether the hardware is the odd shifted QWERTY or the 'unshifted' German QWERTZ.

That may confirm an impression I had (but couldn't find any source that I had gotten the impression from) that Nolen includes Gapps actually built into the ROM. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Hook said:

That may confirm an impression I had (but couldn't find any source that I had gotten the impression from) that Nolen includes Gapps actually built into the ROM. 

yess - it is same as with los 20 from odd solutions . Gapps are included, update will be monthly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

---Moved from other thread---

Had this on for 2 days now, First thing I noticed compared to 20, is better signal, I live just out of Christchurch, NZ. and I am seeing  an extra bar, and it is not losing signal completely, in the places it was before.

And I think due to the above the battery life is about 50% better.

All in all WOW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I install and try out this unofficial Lineage OS 21, will I have to reinstall it again when it becomes official? Or is the "Official" part simply a matter of testing and language?

In other words, should I spend a few frustrating days shouting at my computer and phone, only to have to do it again in a month or two? Or should I go ahead and install this, knowing the version on my phone will be official when the website says so?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, AndytheNoob said:

If I install and try out this unofficial Lineage OS 21, will I have to reinstall it again when it becomes official? Or is the "Official" part simply a matter of testing and language?

In other words, should I spend a few frustrating days shouting at my computer and phone, only to have to do it again in a month or two? Or should I go ahead and install this, knowing the version on my phone will be official when the website says so?

This exact version will never  quite become the official version.  Nolen maintains his own versions, although he also contributes to and uses some of the same work that goes into the official versions.  So, yes, if you want to switch to the official version when it comes out, you would have to do a clean install.  That said, there is also no guarantee that there will be an official version .  Of course, I assume there will be, but Lineage could decide to drop support for the Por1 and Pro1x. We don't know until we know (Lineage never answers questions about future versions or support).

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Hook said:

This exact version will never  quite become the official version.  Nolen maintains his own versions, although he also contributes to and uses some of the same work that goes into the official versions.  So, yes, if you want to switch to the official version when it comes out, you would have to do a clean install.  That said, there is also no guarantee that there will be an official version .  Of course, I assume there will be, but Lineage could decide to drop support for the Por1 and Pro1x. We don't know until we know (Lineage never answers questions about future versions or support).

Er... ah... um... oh. Well... Guess I'll stick to 20 for now then. Unless user data helps development of an official LOS 21 build?

I'm liking Kzin's words about LOS 21 and being tempted... Mmmmm - signal- mMMMmmm- Battery life. Tasty.

• Like 2

Report on tiny bug for @npjohnson

I Installed the 20240122 version through fastboot/adb, but was presented with an update being available OTA.

I downloaded it and let it install, only to see that it has the exact same footprint.

In the updater it is now presented as downloaded and available for install...

Could there be some ≤ that should have been a < ??

• Like 1

...in oddsolutions builds is it classic problem from los19 i mean. Updater always says , that is new version for you.

BUT it is same version as you have. You must check date of build 🙂

...soo wait for new build (date)

BTW i have two problems.

Both not too important.

i have reinstalled and reflashed in recovery magisk...all looks working - root, rooted apps etc - but magisk always says , that is needed to reinstall due " recovery mode cannot get correct device info"

And another problem

...this problem was on los20 too.

I want to play sometime games ...in train, on toilet etc 🙂

I am unable to run any last remastered GTA games (definitive) without problems. Game loads, but i have graphics problems . It looks like 3d rendering problems.

Same game i have tested on pro1x on los21 and was ok (but slow due 6xx chipset)

Screenshot_20240204-153355_GTA III.png

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

(Installed lineage-20.0-20240212-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip with Feb 5 security patch using adb sideload with no problems, still not possible to select and swap between multiple key-layouts though)

I might be wrong, but it felt snappier after the boot.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just found that oddsolutions build supports exFAT, i.e. you can use new SD cards without formatting it to FAT of EXT4. It's really great!