LineageOS 21.0 Official Release for Pro1-X (QX1050)

Lineage-21-20240812-NIGHTLY-pro1x with Aug 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. MindTheGapps14, and root was maintained. 

I noticed, btw, that Lineage now points to a Github page for MTG 14 which updates more often than the old Codefire site did.  This may not be new, but I hadn't noticed it before.

https://github.com/MindTheGapps/14.0.0-arm64/releases

I didn't flash a newer MTG 14.  Assuming I understand things correctly(not necessarily a safe bet), if you have Gapps, they and the Play services are always being updated by Google, so it should be mostly pointless to update. But if you are doing a new install or factory reset, good to start with the latest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Official Release: https://download.lineageos.org/devices/pro1x/builds Changelog: https://download.lineageos.org/devices/pro1x/changes First Build: INCLUDED IN LINEAGE-21.0-20240215-NIGHTLY-P

Well, whatever the case with the Feb 19th update... Lineage-21-20240226-NIGHTLY-pro1x with Feb 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. MindTheGapps14, and root was maintained.

Lineage-21-20240311-NIGHTLY-pro1x with Feb 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. MindTheGapps14, and root was maintained.

Posted Images

Lineage-21-20240819-NIGHTLY-pro1x with Aug 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. MindTheGapps14, and root was maintained. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Hook said:

Lineage-21-20240819-NIGHTLY-pro1x with Aug 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. MindTheGapps14, and root was maintained. 

I did the same update via OTA and root was NOT maintained. Weird !

Screenshot_20240819-180007_Paramètres.png

Screenshot_20240819-180020_CPU-Z.png

Screenshot_20240819-180059_AIDA64.png

1 hour ago, zegoo said:

I did the same update via OTA and root was NOT maintained. Weird !

Screenshot_20240819-180007_Paramètres.png

Screenshot_20240819-180020_CPU-Z.png

Screenshot_20240819-180059_AIDA64.png

I just downloaded cpu-z and it verified that I was rooted still.  It may have to do with my method of rooting?  I root with Magisk, but I only use it for SU, so I use the depreciated method of flashing it as a zip when I first install LOS.

9 minutes ago, zegoo said:

Weird. I'm also using Magisk to flash. But i'm flashing the magisk patched file by using fastboot.

I don't patch the any file myself.  After the first flash, I open the Magisk app once and let it update and/or install (I forget which, but whatever makes the app happy) and then close it and never open it again. 

• Like 1

Lineage-21-20240826-NIGHTLY-pro1x with Aug 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. MindTheGapps14, and root was maintained. 

One oddity.  I don't have any kind of screen lock on the device. Before this update, aside from swiping with my finger, I could press the space bar to dismiss the lock screen.  That no longer works.  There isn't a setting, so something internal changed.  It's annoying since pressing the space bar is easy and really ingrained.  I'm also getting yellow triangles about not being secure, so maybe that's connected. 

FU Google, It's my decision how secure or not annoyed when my  phone times out I want to be.  There is no sensitive data on this phone and I've never lost or had a phone stolen (nor any of my PDAs).   Offer me options, yes, but shut the F up if I choose not to use them. </rant>  :D

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Lineage-21-20240902-NIGHTLY-pro1x with Aug 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. MindTheGapps14, and root was maintained. 

Notice, Monday's date as expected, but didn't actually show up until today, Tuesday.

And, woo hoo, I can dismiss the lock screen with the space bar again!  :D

I'm probably the only one here who cared about that  ;-)

• Like 1