Pro1x Screen artifacts

Hi everyone,

After 3.5 years of waiting, battery charging issue, I finally get my device working.

But my happiness didn't last long, after first boot I found out small annoying artifacts on the bottom screen corners:

fxtecScreen.jpg.607cc9e24aa8882c77e8dd28b058ec71.jpg 

Is there anything I can do with that or it is a warranty case?

I wouldn't worry about those.

My Pro1's (got two of them) and my Pro1-X have had these black spots in the corners of the screen since day one. They haven't worsened over time (we're talking years for my initial Pro1)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think this is acceptable for 700+ device. I really do worry. Super annoying for my eyes.

I've open a ticket with fxtec support (are they still in a business?)  asking for refund or replace.

Just now, eda said:

I've open a ticket with fxtec support (are they still in a business?)  asking for refund or replace.

You must be new here ...

Sorry for the pun, but you'll soon learn that f(x)tec is no ordinary business ... 😄

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Sorry for the pun, but you'll soon learn that f(x)tec is no ordinary business ... 😄

I see :))) Hope these no ordinary business does have spare screen.

I'm ready to accept their uniqueness and repair brand new device by my own.

Just looked at the angry comments on indie, I'm not alone with this problem.

2 minutes ago, eda said:

Just looked at the angry comments on indie, I'm not alone with this problem.

Happy to meet someone who is capable of joking on the subject. 🙂

You're not alone with that problem. As far as I know, most Pro1's and Pro1-X's have screens that shown black spots in their corners. Most users simply accepted them until now. I do not know of any standards that an AMOLED screen must legally fulfil in this respect.

In general, I use dark mode on my Pro 1 and Pro 1x, as well as black wallpaper, and I never see the spots on the corners.  ;)

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Happy to meet someone who is capable of joking on the subject. 🙂

Yep, whole pro1x campaign is a big joke.

48 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

As far as I know, most Pro1's and Pro1-X's have screens that shown black spots in their corners.

Before I write here I checked all few por1x videos on youtube. No black spots found...

42 minutes ago, Hook said:

In general, I use dark mode on my Pro 1 and Pro 1x, as well as black wallpaper, and I never see the spots on the corners.  😉

I see them because I know they exist. 🙂 No kidding, really it pisses me off   

I have several Pro1 and Pro1X, and they all got it to some degree, sorry.

It is the same screen from Boe used on the Elephone U, and you can find complaints on that too. So though annoying, it would be really lucky to find one without the issues...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is normal of FX devices...my pro1 from first serie was delivered with same problem. 

Soo i have immediately contacted fx for solution. Fx have sent me gratis another new display but with another problems 😞

Really good solution is set corner radius - some root and some not root apps can made it.

As i see your corners defects are small soo it will be invisible 🙂

Corner radius settings was in one custom android 10 and 11 rom ...it was not lineageos...but i forgot name 😞

BTW...i have contacted fx again after 1+ year ago and finally good display was delivered soo now i have one good display and two spare displays with little defects 🙂

This is manufacturing problem defect. On samsung devices was it same , BUT  samsung phones have fixed smoother corners set in boot/firmware soo problem is not visible.

EDIT...custom rom was AEX aka AospExtended...it was really good rom

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You can use app called Round corners and Hide notch to make the curve of the corner bigger (there are other apps too). It is not a perfect fix since it does not work in the settings or the drop down menu. However, it can help little bit. Maybe with root you are able to make better fix?

Screenshot_20240824_031851_Gallery.thumb.jpg.be4181f2fb6387c83f4c8fe5b3a0531a.jpg

• Thanks 4
6 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

You can use app called Round corners and Hide notch to make the curve of the corner bigger (there are other apps too). It is not a perfect fix since it does not work in the settings or the drop down menu. However, it can help little bit. Maybe with root you are able to make better fix?

Screenshot_20240824_031851_Gallery.thumb.jpg.be4181f2fb6387c83f4c8fe5b3a0531a.jpg

as i have sayd before 🙂 ...corner radius.

On aospextended was this "fix or settings" visible when booting...but it was implemented to rom...

On lineage was it not working too good

Edited by CornholioGSM
8 minutes ago, CornholioGSM said:

as i have sayd before 🙂 ...corner radius

If you have any instructions it would be nice 🙂. I know only apps like Cornerfly and Rounded in addition to the one that I mentioned earlier.

BTW, it would be great feature to add Pro1/Pro1-X Lineage OS builds like edge margin.

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

If you have any instructions it would be nice 🙂. I know only apps like Cornerfly and Rounded in addition to the one that I mentioned earlier.

BTW, it would be great feature to add Pro1/Pro1-X Lineage OS builds like edge margin.

cornerfly was relatively working on los roms from android 11++.  

I am not sure but maybe this (in rom)corner settings was gone with new kernel? ...but it is not question for me...

Maybe is this question for npjohnson - lineageos developer.

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Like 1

Sadly a lot of the Pro1s have this defect, mine included, and on mine it's not even nearly symmetrical like on yours. Definitely not acceptable but if I ever RMA'd in the past there is a good chance I wouldn't have seen the phone for years so I just put up with it.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Thank you guys for all your answers and support!

Really envy you all who can live with screen disperfections. I have some kind of psychological issue, any little scratch or crack on the screen is a deal breaker. :)))  Maybe is a time to go to psychologist, because I like all other aspects of the pro1x so far.

Edited by eda
On 8/26/2024 at 4:03 AM, eda said:

Maybe is a time to go to psychologist, because I like all other aspects of the pro1x so far.

Maybe it is. But not because you dislike the screen. Rather because you do like the rest of the phone!

Just joking of course ... 😉

• Haha 4
20 hours ago, claude0001 said:

Maybe it is. But not because you dislike the screen. Rather because you do like the rest of the phone!

Just joking of course ... 😉

No no no claude0001, I'm not gonna read this! :))

BTW the psychologist appointment has been canceled - fxtec promised me to send new screen!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2