Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You obviously can only have one keyboard layout at a time, which is what that language switch is for. But you can have multiple languages for autocorrection active at the same time, for example with S

And did you try the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard? Because both @Rob. S. and me suggested that one to you now and I'm not sure if you actually tried it. At least on LineageOS 17.1 it works well apart fr

SWIFTKEY WORKS! it opens a total new settings menu that was previously totally hidden

  • 2 months later...

Coming from a BlackBerry and most likely jumping ship pretty soon.

Typing on a qwerty pkb currently:

Besides the obvious qwertz / qwerty difference, are there any other differences regarding those two layouts? If yes, a render would be helpfull (but surely i'll be glad for any input on the matter).

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
On 5/30/2019 at 12:11 AM, dreamflasher said:

I hope the software will support dual-language auto-correct (eg. German+English).

 

On another note: The pre-order of the German keyboard layout was announced 4 weeks ago (that at this time the pre-order will be there) – what's the current status with that? I mean the Germany layout is coming, right? So would it hurt to offer that in the pre-order? What's the blocker?

 

it doesn't 😞 you have to choose a language and that will be the language it changes into, no way to turn it off...
maybe in android 9 but not in 11 i am checking how to fix it for over 2 hours, i am giving up

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, denmaarten said:

 

it doesn't 😞 you have to choose a language and that will be the language it changes into, no way to turn it off...
maybe in android 9 but not in 11 i am checking how to fix it for over 2 hours, i am giving up

Which keyboard software are you using? SwiftKey for example does support suggestions in multiple languages. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jacob_S said:

Which keyboard software are you using? SwiftKey for example does support suggestions in multiple languages. 

it doesnt look like i can switch the physical keyboard. I can only switch the onscreen keyboard. And in that one, i got the spellingchecker to stop working

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, denmaarten said:

it doesnt look like i can switch the physical keyboard. I can only switch the onscreen keyboard. And in that one, i got the spellingchecker to stop working

off course not a problem when you only speak one language

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, denmaarten said:

it doesnt look like i can switch the physical keyboard. I can only switch the onscreen keyboard. And in that one, i got the spellingchecker to stop working

To my knowledge the keyboard software you choose in the settings for the onscreen keyboard then handles all the keyboard inputs, also the ones from the physical keyboard. So are you using the preinstalled keyboard software or some other?

Link to post
Share on other sites

you have to switch in between languages and you cant change the settings of those keyboards (like turn off auto correct)

kinda rendering the phone useless to me 😄

flipping it open also takes effort and requires two hands... so typing on the keyboard, that is too big (or my hands are too small), is not anymore faster then the onscreen. 

there are also only a handfull of apps that turn 90 degrees, almost all dont turn, rendering the keyboard useless again.

its a nice art piece 

4f396e4d-55ef-4594-8928-56fa55f3038d.jfif

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, denmaarten said:

you have to switch in between languages and you cant change the settings of those keyboards (like turn off auto correct)

You obviously can only have one keyboard layout at a time, which is what that language switch is for. But you can have multiple languages for autocorrection active at the same time, for example with Swiftkey. Which also works for the physical keyboard. 

Typing on it needs some getting used to, just as flipping open the screen, and gets quicker fast (my hands are also rather small). With the device sitting on the desk and not picking it up, I can also open it with one hand, too, now, after having it in use for a week now. 

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

not on android lineage 

12 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

You obviously can only have one keyboard layout at a time, which is what that language switch is for. But you can have multiple languages for autocorrection active at the same time, for example with Swiftkey. Which also works for the physical keyboard. 

not with android 11 lineage.
which OS are you running?

13 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

Typing on it needs some getting used to, just as flipping open the screen, and gets quicker fast (my hands are also rather small). With the device sitting on the desk and not picking it up, I can also open it with one hand, too, now, after having it in use for a week now. 

nice!  and one handed typing? 😛

Do you also have problems with electromagnetic problems, so much noise on the line when you are around electronics (anywhere inside)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jacob_S said:

To my knowledge the keyboard software you choose in the settings for the onscreen keyboard then handles all the keyboard inputs, also the ones from the physical keyboard. So are you using the preinstalled keyboard software or some other?

default built in keyboard, i can put auto correct off on the onscreen keyboard but not on the physical, i can change nothing on the default setting

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, denmaarten said:

default built in keyboard, i can put auto correct off on the onscreen keyboard but not on the physical, i can change nothing on the default setting

And did you try the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard? Because both @Rob. S. and me suggested that one to you now and I'm not sure if you actually tried it. At least on LineageOS 17.1 it works well apart from some minor bugs and annoyances, that you can read about in some other threads (also with some posts of me), if you're interested. But the features and settings you are asking for are all offered by that keyboard app. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jacob_S said:

And did you try the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard? Because both @Rob. S. and me suggested that one to you now and I'm not sure if you actually tried it. At least on LineageOS 17.1 it works well apart from some minor bugs and annoyances, that you can read about in some other threads (also with some posts of me), if you're interested. But the features and settings you are asking for are all offered by that keyboard app. 

i can select those keyboards for the onboard, not for the fysical, i can only choose languages there. 

the only option that remains is for every word that the phone autocorrects, make an exact shortcut
example.

when i want 'wel' on my screen, the shortcut for it is 'wel'

silly but i dont see other options 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms