What do you think of the latest Pro¹ back case

In this tweet they ask:

What do you think of the latest #Pro1 back case? Learn more about the #mobile phone here:
#android #qwerty #keyboard

[attachment file=14210]

Personally I think it LOOKS great, but I fear that what looks like a chrome-list around the camera will be protruding.

That would be really bad IMHO, as this device almost invite to also using it on a desktop laptop-style.

And I would just HATE to need to apply something on an adjecting corner, to prevent it from wobbling...

We have previously been told it is a metal back, but what is the coating/paint? I hope for something like ruberising to secures a good grip.

What is your take?

It does look good, and I hope they wouldn't make the mistake to reduce "desktop-style" usage. So I hope it's just the inner edge chromed up, and plain with the backside surface. The photograph leaves this possible.

Personnaly I'd prefer a (real-) leather flipcase of good quality. Maybe a leather front cover could be attached to this backside.

In this tweet they ask:

What do you think of the latest #Pro1 back case? Learn more about the #mobile phone here:
#android #qwerty #keyboard

D574FSEX4AICh2k_large<span class="image-overlay overlay-type-image" style="left: -5px; top: 0px; overflow: hidden; display: block; height: 345px; width: 669px;"><span class="image-overlay-inside"></span></span>

Personally I think it LOOKS great, but I fear that what looks like a chrome-list around the camera will be protruding.

That would be really bad IMHO, as this device almost invite to also using it on a desktop laptop-style.

And I would just HATE to need to apply something on an adjecting corner, to prevent it from wobbling…

What is your take?

I'm not sure I understand your concern. I'm assuming that's the back of the phone,not the back of the slider keyboard as I can't imagine the camera would be in the keyboard. Therefore, this is what pops up, not the surface the phone would sit on when used laptop style. Or am I missing something (a hypothesis that always needs strong consideration with me ;-) )?

It looks great. Personally I don't mind if the trim around the camera protrudes a tiny bit, if it protudes past the camera glass it will prevent scratching the camera if sat on a flat surface. Ideally you'd put it in a case or stick some small rubber feet on to sit it on a desk anyway. Also I imagine one would mostly use the keyboard only when holding the device by means of thumbs due to the type of keys, and sitting the device down only for less interactive things like watching video.

It looks great. Personally I don’t mind if the trim around the camera protrudes a tiny bit, if it protudes past the camera glass it will prevent scratching the camera if sat on a flat surface. Ideally you’d put it in a case or stick some small rubber feet on to sit it on a desk anyway. Also I imagine one would mostly use the keyboard only when holding the device by means of thumbs due to the type of keys, and sitting the device down only for less interactive things like watching video.

I would MUCH prefer the back to come with the four corners with 'millings' with rounded rubber feet inserted that thus lifted the back and camera.

foot

(For the purist wanting a completely flat back, they could offer additionally stickers that just filled the 'holes', not protruding.)

I love this simple metal back. I'm kinda sick of these easily breakable glass backs.

Please don't add rubber feet. I don't think it will be comfortable to type on the Pro1 in a "laptop orientation" anyways. It would ruin the aesthetics and might make making a case impossible.

Rubber feet on a case might be a nice solution. :)

I love this simple metal back. I’m kinda sick of these easily breakable glass backs.

Please don’t add rubber feet. I don’t think it will be comfortable to type on the Pro1 in a “laptop orientation” anyways. It would ruin the aesthetics and might make making a case impossible.

This +1

Phone =/= laptop

I love this simple metal back. I’m kinda sick of these easily breakable glass backs.

Please don’t add rubber feet. I don’t think it will be comfortable to type on the Pro1 in a “laptop orientation” anyways. It would ruin the aesthetics and might make making a case impossible.

I would prefer a plain back too. But would prefer small rounded feet over wobbling around any 'camera protection'.

I would prefer a plain back too. But would prefer small rounded feet over wobbling around any ‘camera protection’.

True. They should just go for a design like LG (yes I know I bring them up often, but good design is good), which has no camera bump. Gorilla glass 5/6 for lens cover can handle most things.

I quite like the design. However it is a marketing photo and as a such not reviewable. How does it look from the front?

I guess the bottom half of the phone has to be broader than the top half with the case on. This could look horrible.

I quite like the design. However it is a marketing photo and as a such not reviewable. How does it look from the front?

I guess the bottom half of the phone has to be broader than the top half with the case on. This could look horrible.

You lost me there. Why should the two halves have different widths?

You lost me there. Why should the two halves have different widths?

Umph forget it, that case. I thought it is the external case (Which would have been a massive improvement to the transparent thing they already showed). Stupid me.

In that case I am 100% with you, I hope it is flat or at least not wobbling. I am using my phone quite a lot to watch some stuff. So I hope to use that small angle.