Small update for those only following the forums.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t understand the text but there’s nice photos here https://monoworks.co.jp/post/2019-07-11-hands-on-fxtec-pro1-smartphone-tokyo/

Nice pictures. And looks like they also got the packing ready, looking at the first three images. :-)

I'm a little confused on the stand. Is that something in the package? And what is the use of it, compared to just opening the device? Merely a steeper angle than the 25 degrees? Is it a charging stand in portrait?

Nice pictures. And looks like they also got the packing ready, looking at the first three images. :-)

I’m a little confused on the stand. Is that something in the package? And what is the use of it, compared to just opening the device? Merely a steeper angle than the 25 degrees? Is it a charging stand in portrait?

Good question, i just assumed it was something they had at the event to set the phones down for display, somewhat redundant with the keyboard :).

Can anyone translate the t-shirt?

From the google translate, it sounds like only 5 people went to the Tokyo event.

I dont understand the reason behind this forum. Anyone from Fx actually comments? The status of this summer release seems to be more a winter release?

We've still got a couple months til the end of the summer, I bet they'll get the first device shipped by then :)

Waxberry, the main guy from fxtec, posts and replies periodically.

Waxberry, the main guy from fxtec, posts and replies periodically.

Yup.

As far as I know any user in here marked as "Keymaster" below the user name is a member of the staff (except me as just a moderator)

...But would be nice if it was more obvious.

It would be great, but on the second thought, why would Fxtec Team organize beta test if they would be shipping devices anyway?

Just a guess. If they feel quite certain that the hardware is finished, and it is just a matter of the firmware/software. They just might start the production of the units with software with known bugs, that gets fixed by OTA update on install. This could speed up things compared to awaiting the full beta process, and the correction of found errors, before production start. But as I said, just guessing.

It would be great, but on the second thought, why would Fxtec Team organize beta test if they would be shipping devices anyway?

Just a guess. If they feel quite certain that the hardware is finished, and it is just a matter of the firmware/software. They just might start the production of the units with software with known bugs, that gets fixed by OTA update on install. This could speed up things compared to awaiting the full beta process, and the correction of found errors, before production start. But as I said, just guessing.

I seriously hope this isn't the case. I think it would be bad if they started releasing buggy devices. They are much better off continuing to delay until they get things pretty stable. There will always be a bugs that pop up once you get a large number of users, but you want as finished a product as possible for your first impression. I'm willing to wait, just keep me informed. :-) Just my 2 cents.

. I think it would be bad if they started releasing buggy devices. They are much better off continuing to delay until they get things pretty stable.

Just a simple question, do you know of any devices that weren't buggy on release?

And to the "Pretty stable". Well the MAY software on the preproduction unit I tested qualifies for that.... Never experienced other than minor bugs. Sure there were thing that was not implemented/finished back then as the Camera software. But what was there, certainly qualifies for "Pretty stable"...

. I think it would be bad if they started releasing buggy devices. They are much better off continuing to delay until they get things pretty stable.

Just a simple question, do you know of any devices that weren’t buggy on release?

And to the “Pretty stable”. Well the MAY software on the preproduction unit I tested qualifies for that…. Never experienced other than minor bugs. Sure there were thing that was not implemented/finished back then as the Camera software. But what was there, certainly qualifies for “Pretty stable”…

Yes, that's fine. I probably overinterpreted your phrase "with known bugs." No, I don't expect perfection, and certainly no device I have used has had anything close. Glad to hear that your test unit is stable.