Additional Platform for Brainstorming and Conversation

Hi there,

What do you think of the idea of adding another platform for us to stay connected, suggest Ideas and spread information? This Board is sure a great opportunity, but since we are even closer to the release, a more efficient way of direct communication beetwen us users could help everyone.

I am not talking about ditching the Forums, especially for newcomers this should be the first adress for questions.

In my opionion, a platform with the possibility of attaching files and having different channels for different topics is a great soluton. I also get that not everyone (including me) wants to create yet another account somewhere, good old IRC would reach most of us aswell I guess, and can be integrated on the website rather easy. But we might miss a chat history and files.

It would be awesome if the team could join us there aswell!

Adrian pointed out that we as a community are an important driving force, and the team wants and needs to be close to us.

Short poll to get some numbers quickly:

please vote here

Thanks for reading.

Noir

Hi there,

What do you think of the idea of adding another platform for us to stay connected, suggest Ideas and spread information? This Board is sure a great opportunity, but since we are even closer to the release, a more efficient way of direct communication beetwen us users could help everyone.

I am not talking about ditching the Forums, especially for newcomers this should be the first adress for questions.

In my opionion, a platform with the possibility of attaching files and having different channels for different topics is a great soluton. I also get that not everyone (including me) wants to create yet another account somewhere, good old IRC would reach most of us aswell I guess, and can be integrated on the website rather easy. But we might miss a chat history and files.

Adrian pointed out that we as a community are an important driving force, and the team wants and needs to be close to us.

please vote here

Thanks for reading.

Noir

I had been thinking before about setting up an unofficial IRC room in freenode! The poll however is a yet better idea, for me Telegram would be equally good for example :).

Hi there,

please vote here

Thanks for reading.

Noir

I disagree to some point. This would be a great thing, and I voted on it, but not is the wrong moment in my opinion. They likely have sleepless nights to finish the device as soon as possible. Every additional channel is doomed to split the feedback from the team over even more platforms. Every feedback we give them is useless at the moment, since there is no time for changes anymore.

But once the device has released, this may be a great idea.

I voted "other". I don't understand what features another system would have over this system we are using now. They plan to move these forums to other software too, so that may contain new features.

I think, especially when this device is released, it could be useful/fun to have a chat-room in addition to forum. I voted discord & irc, cuz those are what I already have installed, but of course anything works. I like that the voting system allows you to vote for multiple choices.

I joined #Pro1 on Freenode.

On one hand I -and others- complain about a lack of a common entry with 'all' the info that is dripped out through various fora and narcissistic media. And then you guys wants even more diversification of the info for people wanting to know all about the Pro1 with yet another entry? And the other way round too, yet another place the team should keep an eye on for feedback.

Sure this forum has had moderation delay issues the last weeks after the spam attacks, but as new forum software is expected to be launched very soon, why not await to see if this will fulfil your wishes?

On one hand I -and others- complain about a lack of a common entry with ‘all’ the info that is dripped out through various fora and narcissistic media. And then you guys wants even more diversification of the info for people wanting to know all about the Pro1 with yet another entry? And the other way round too, yet another place the team should keep an eye on for feedback.

Sure this forum has had moderation delay issues the last weeks after the spam attacks, but as new forum software is expected to be launched very soon, why not await to see if this will fulfil your wishes?

Well since the discord room is not an official channel, I would not expect the team to check this for feedback (and rather if something interesting is said it to be posted to the forum by whoever decides it is important enough). It's kinda fun to have a more direct way to have a talk with likeminded people from the forum, especially concerning off-topic matters.

If we can have it clear to people that official / important things belong in the forum instead, the status is still that it'd just be nice for facebook/twitter posts and maybe newsletter things if important are also duplicated in the forum. Aggregating all existing info is a lost cause anyway as it's split over multiple youtube channels, articles on various websites, maemo forum, etc... Something bound to happen on the internet.

It is not intended to replace a forum, but compliment it, it's just a chat room. As netman mentioned, its more for socializing than a forum, especially now when we dont even have the phone yet, not meant to be an official source of updates. That being said, I believe I successfully linked the twitter feed there tho (will know the next time theres a tweet), and with fxtec help could also link the facebook/instragram, so it does allow all the social media (excluding forum) to be aggregated.

• 3 weeks later...