Scandinavian qwerty please

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. Now that that’s finally clear that it is supposedly coming out in several weeks. About the same time as the other devices should be shipping, right? But you Northerners are in an inconvenient position cuz if you don’t preorder now, you don’t know the price. This is actually unfair. @fxtec You should let the scandi guys preorder scandi, even if they have to wait longer for delivery. If it doesnt work out, give them the option for qwerty/qwertz/refund.

Will it be possible to change the keyboard layout later on, meaning if the preoder is with qwertz? Would much prefert he scandi layout and tbh, wouldn’t even mind waiting for the phone a few more weeks.

I have 'escalated' these, asking for a staff reply. :)

Oh no. Now that that’s finally clear that it is supposedly coming out in several weeks. About the same time as the other devices should be shipping, right? But you Northerners are in an inconvenient position cuz if you don’t preorder now, you don’t know the price. This is actually unfair. @fxtec You should let the scandi guys preorder scandi, even if they have to wait longer for delivery. If it doesnt work out, give them the option for qwerty/qwertz/refund.

This is not exactly unfair. It could be that the scandi layout is more expensive because the volume is less. But a clear statement would be a great help.

I too changed my preorder to qwertz, but would prefer Scandinavian layout (a wish I even included in the original preorder), but at this point i'm afraid to complicate my order any further.. some tech reviewer mentioned in a video (after a hands on event) about an easy way to access the battery by removing the keyboard (one screw or smth), i wonder if there's any truth to this? if true, maybe it's possible to swap out by the end user somewhere down the line..

<span class="gdbbx-bbcode-font-size" style="font-size: 24px"><span class="gdbbx-bbcode-font-color" style="color: #FF0000">Please note edit above!!</span></span>

We should have focused on “planning”, and not the “once that is”, that should have been something like “if that will be”…

See the discussion over here

(these threads somehow ought to be untangled).

Of course this is all semantics. But if I am planning to do something, that means I intend to do it. Of course plans can change, but if I have something planned, that usually means I don't make other plans that contradict those plans without canceling the first plan. Bahahhaa.

Of course this is all semantics. But if I am planning to do something, that means I intend to do it. Of course plans can change, but if I have something planned, that usually means I don’t make other plans that contradict those plans without canceling the first plan. Bahahhaa.

As not a native English speaker, I'm not into the finer details.

But in my vocabulary there is a clear difference between "I'm going to the party" and "I'm planing to go to the party", in the later case that could be pending a broken car getting repaired in time. So "intend" yes, but being aware of obstacles that might prevent it.

there is a clear difference between “I’m going to the party” and “I’m planing to go to the party”

As someone who is a native speaker, I think you have a very firm grasp of English, your explanation sounds exactly right.

I have ‘escalated’ these, asking for a staff reply. :)

I have just reveived some more info about this topic from the info-mail, but I am in the process of asking for proper permission to share it with you on the forum. I also requested that someone from their staff would come in here and try to sort out our "mess" here in the forum and clear up misunderstandings both in this thread and in the Price-thread.

Let's see what they reply.

No need to ask fo permission. The info mail is FX official account. Just share it.

Well, all their mails end with the following paragraph:

"The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender."

Great news everyone! I got permission to share the conversation I've had with the team from FxTec here with you guys. Since the conversation is both about the pre-order pricing and about the Scandinavian keyboard I will post this same message in both threads, so sorry for the spam.

This provides some very much needed information, and clears up a lot of things and misconceptions in regards to when and how we are supposed to pay and if a SCANDI keyboard is in works or not. Enjoy the read! :D

[attachment file=32481]

[attachment file=32482]

[attachment file=32483]

[attachment file=32484]

Great news everyone! I got permission to share the conversation I’ve had with the team from FxTec here with you guys. Since the conversation is both about the pre-order pricing and about the Scandinavian keyboard I will post this same message in both threads, so sorry for the spam.

This provides some very much needed information, and clears up a lot of things and misconceptions in regards to when and how we are supposed to pay and if a SCANDI keyboard is in works or not. Enjoy the read! :D

A few question arises from their mails:

1) How do F(x)Tec plan to "...monitor demand for..." ?

2) Will it be possible to send a US or German Pro1 and have it 'upgraded' to Scandinavian, and at approximately what cost? (With or without the existing keyboard returned as a spare)

3) Will it be possible to put an already paid order back to a pre-order state, keeping the indiegogo coupon value?

I mean if a swap is not possible, or F(x)Tec will charge say €200 for a swap then people that want the Scandinavian layout badly better cancel their paid orders, make new pre-orders quickly at the same price and wait effectuating these to it is clear if a Scandinavian layout will ever come.

If it on the other hand is say $50, I for one would stick with my order and likely send it in for a swap if it ever becomes available.

ADD: Sent the above as an official support-mail requesting an answer that can be published.

1) How do F(x)Tec plan to “…monitor demand for…” ?

2) Will it be possible to send a US or German Pro1 and have it ‘upgraded’ to Scandinavian, and at approximately what cost? (With or without the existing keyboard returned as a spare)

3) Will it be possible to put an already paid order back to a pre-order state, keeping the indiegogo coupon value?

I mean if a swap is not possible, or F(x)Tec will charge say €200 for a swap then people that want the Scandinavian layout badly better cancel their paid orders, make new pre-orders quickly at the same price and wait effectuating these to it is clear if a Scandinavian layout will ever come.

If it on the other hand is say $50, I for one would stick with my order and likely send it in for a swap if it ever becomes available.

ADD: Sent the above as an official support-mail requesting an answer that can be published.

I got a reply, but it explicitly request not to be published (apart from the same bottom disclaimer as the above)

So as no clear answer is public, my advise for those wanting a Scandinavian keyboard badly would be to cancel their order, make a new pre-order and wait.

So as no clear answer is public, my advise for those wanting a Scandinavian keyboard badly would be to cancel their order, make a new pre-order and wait.

I have tried to take a new pre-order yesterday because of the discussion yesterday as I am thinking of buying another phone just in case my first one has problems and even for testing other systems while using my first Pro1 for daily tasks.

Like testing Sailfish while using another Pro1 as my primary phone.

Also, I know I will not buy another one if its price will increase mainly because 650 Eur is also really high price in my country and for me, I have never ever bought any phone such a high price.

So back to pre-order, I could not do this yesterday as it instantly wanted to request my bank card details. Today there is a new forum software which has a similar behaviour.

As the initial price is also high for me, I wanted to wait to receive the phone and try it before deciding to buy another device as a spare or other purposes.

So it seems I will not have the chance of having another device for spare and testing purposes... :(

1) How do F(x)Tec plan to “…monitor demand for…” ?

2) Will it be possible to send a US or German Pro1 and have it ‘upgraded’ to Scandinavian, and at approximately what cost? (With or without the existing keyboard returned as a spare)

I got a reply, but it explicitly request not to be published (apart from the same bottom disclaimer as the above)

But as far as I understood the reply I got, if you just dont pay your pre-order now and wait until the SCANDI is released and then pay, you SHOULD get the SCANDI version for the pre-order price of 650 EUR. I think that is pretty clear in the replies I got. Or have I misinterpreted it?

I have tried to take a new pre-order yesterday because of the discussion yesterday as I am thinking of buying another phone just in case my first one has problems and even for testing other systems while using my first Pro1 for daily tasks.

Like testing Sailfish while using another Pro1 as my primary phone.

Also, I know I will not buy another one if its price will increase mainly because 650 Eur is also really high price in my country and for me, I have never ever bought any phone such a high price.

So back to pre-order, I could not do this yesterday as it instantly wanted to request my bank card details. Today there is a new forum software which has a similar behaviour.

As the initial price is also high for me, I wanted to wait to receive the phone and try it before deciding to buy another device as a spare or other purposes.

So it seems I will not have the chance of having another device for spare and testing purposes… :(

Hmm, I just did a new pre-order. And it worked fine here, I just did not fill in the credit card info at the bottom.

Here https://www.fxtec.com/product/fxtec-pro1-pre-order/ I just clicked QWERTZ and "PreOrder Now", Then "Proceed to checkout" (Suggested address was OK).

And after ticking "I have read and agree to ..." I just clicked "Place Pre-Order Now".

You cannot pre-order w/o paying now, although you can still order at the pre-order price if you're ready to buy another now.

I think if you want to change a paid order back to a pre-order, you should contact fxtec directly, I doubt they'll put a mechanism in place for you do it yourself, and cancelling your paid order now could cause even more complciations.... you've still got time to sort this out before they ship...

But as far as I understood the reply I got, if you just dont pay your pre-order now and wait until the SCANDI is released and then pay, you SHOULD get the SCANDI version for the pre-order price of 650 EUR. I think that is pretty clear in the replies I got. Or have I misinterpreted it?

That is how I read it too. Though IF the amount of interested is very low, they just MIGHT need to place a surcharge - that is just my guessing - but you would still be able to get the US or German at the pre-order price, that seems pretty clear.

You cannot pre-order w/o paying now, although you can still order at the pre-order price if you’re ready to buy another now.

I think if you want to change a paid order back to a pre-order, you should contact fxtec directly, I doubt they’ll put a mechanism in place for you do it yourself, and cancelling your paid order now could cause even more complciations…. you’ve still got time to sort this out before they ship…

Please try again. I just did, as described above - but could be my privileges that (by a bug) allows me to do so.

Hmm, I just did a new pre-order. And it worked fine here, I just did not fill in the credit card info at the bottom.

Maybe you have other permissions, but for me, it shows "The card number is incomplete." message.

So it means I will definitely not buy another Pro1 if the price increases - for testing another OS the 650 EUR is also extremely high amount of money...

Please try again. I just did, as described above <span class="gdbbx-bbcode-font-color" style="color: #CCCCCC">- but could be my privileges that (by a bug) allows me to do so.</span>

I was only checking out of curiosity to see if it was still orderable and if any price changes yet, etc. I can only afford the one device unfortunately. Anyways I'll stay out of this and let you guys sort it out. Maybe it's regional differences too, dunno.

Maybe you have other permissions, but for me, it shows “The card number is incomplete.” message.

So it means I will definitely not buy another Pro1 if the price increases – for testing another OS the 650 EUR is also extremely high amount of money…

@EskeRahn: Can you contact them to let them know about the problem? They've told us that we can pre-order and hold that pre-order open, at the pre-order price, without placing a full order. I'm only buying QWERTY phones, but I would like to place a pre-order for a second phone at the pre-order price so that I have the option of completing the order after I've had a chance to use the first phone I ordered.

It is *possible* that filling out the credit card information will still only result in a pre-order and not a full order, but I'm not going to risk it, because then I'd need to cancel that order and risk them getting confused about my original order. :-) With the original pre-order system, no credit card information was required. I got the same error of "The card number is incomplete." when I tried to click the "Place Pre-Order Now" button without filling in the credit card information.

I do have the 2nd phone still in my shopping cart for the site, but I wouldn't trust that to count as a pre-order. And speaking of the site, I hope their order system is separate from the forum system. They need to make sure that the data from the order system doesn't get lost in any upgrades, for obvious reasons.