Jump to content
abielins

I'm rooting for you, fxtec!

Recommended Posts

On 11/8/2019 at 7:21 PM, Noir said:

LOS is already under developement. The initial plan was a release as soon as the Pro1 is available.

I'll try stock unrooted with TWRP first, which is enough to change system files (adblock hosts, restore Appdata..). 

 

And on Topic: Keep it up, F(x)Tec!

First thing I plan to do is install TWRP, root and then kill all google apps and framework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still cheering for you fxtec, months later! I'm checking this forum almost daily while I wait for my device.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said earlier I really admire what they are trying to do. I know how hard it is, especially for a small company like F(x)tec. I hope they will be able to overcome all the difficulties because I would like to buy a Pro1 next year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

As I said earlier I really admire what they are trying to do. I know how hard it is, especially for a small company like F(x)tec. I hope they will be able to overcome all the difficulties because I would like to buy a Pro1 next year.

I honestly don't know how hard it is. I would love to hear more about what they are doing and what issues they encounter.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

totally agree. those polished success stories are hardly useful, now stories of mistakes, miscalculations, unexpected issues etc. is something that might not only be interesting and make people sympathize, but can also be helpful if someone would try to do some production themselves one day.

but they might also be too busy to do such kinds of posts now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, abielins said:

I'm still cheering for you fxtec, months later! I'm checking this forum almost daily while I wait for my device.

make that several times a day...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I read that even IGG preorders are not guaranteed to be delivered before Christmas, my 40x-something-thousand-order will most likely not make it to me this year.

Of course I am wishing FxTec all the best and hoping for my phone, but I guess it's rather unlikely to happen this year. So in order to get something for the money I spent, I also HOPE to have been right about FxTec, meaning they'll actually deliver. So... rooting for you guys.

P.s.: I wish the communication was better; I wouldn't mind waiting if I knew what's happening / going on in regards with FxTec and the pro1-devices.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, abielins said:

I honestly don't know how hard it is. I would love to hear more about what they are doing and what issues they encounter.

I have worked at Nokia, I saw how many problems can crop up at the start of the manufacturing of a new phone. Even if you have a lot of resources and experience in manufacturing and distribution, there are still a lot of things to work out. That's the reason I was afraid to pre-order the Pro1, it's an incredibly ambitious plan to create a phone like that from scratch. It would be great to have more transparency regarding the problems they are facing and not just when they are missing deadlines. That's something to improve for sure. I just hope they can survive this chaotic phase to manufacture the only phone in the market I would consider spending my money on.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

I have worked at Nokia, I saw how many problems can crop up at the start of the manufacturing of a new phone. Even if you have a lot of resources and experience in manufacturing and distribution, there are still a lot of things to work out. That's the reason I was afraid to pre-order the Pro1, it's an incredibly ambitious plan to create a phone like that from scratch. It would be great to have more transparency regarding the problems they are facing and not just when they are missing deadlines. That's something to improve for sure. I just hope they can survive this chaotic phase to manufacture the only phone in the market I would consider spending my money on.

Well said on all accounts.  I have a friend who has been manufacturing electronic items at factories in China for about ten years now.  Over the years, I have helped him come up with many of the designs, and there's one thing that is certain, and that's nothing is certain, lol.  I can't count how many times, over the years, he missed deadlines and was blindsided by unforeseen events.  Every time he missed a deadline, he was only really hurting his bottom line as it delayed getting the newer products to the market.  His customers were very content using the latest generation (his products are not as hi-tech as a phone, and nobody was sitting around waiting -other than himself).  Additionally, he has a multi-million dollar a year business so he hasn't had to concern himself with financing.  I can only imagine how much more difficult it would have been if he needed funding from customers to complete the next design.

I do agree that the lack of communication and transparency with f(x)tec is a huge problem.  Clearly, they are afraid to be forthright as they need the prepayments and are afraid too many customers will want a refund.  A mass exodus would sink their ship in short order.  However, there is a balance that should have been attained, but it never happened (and still doesn't appear to be happening).  Anyone who has ever been in business understands delays, unexpected pitfalls, and other problems with achieving deadlines.  Anyone who has ever been in manufacturing really understands, and often have large amounts of gray hair to prove it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, divstar said:

I read that even IGG preorders are not guaranteed to be delivered before Christmas

Not saying you aren't right, but has this been posted by anyone official yet, or still just speculation?  Last thing official I read is they're still trying to ship all pre-orders before Christmas... not just IGG backers... 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms