Scandinavian Layout Feedback Wanted

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would also like to know what is the current situation with Scandic layout. I believe that there are potential customers waiting for this information.   @MortisAngelus Keep in mind tha

I do not expect to here anything on the subject before general availability of the device. If a Scandic mat was available and easily user replaceable I would also buy some of them. But as I under

We are aware of the demand of Scandic-QWERTY layout.  We will try to make it happen after current orders been fulfilled first. The procedure will be: Design layout - finish design file (for

Posted Images

6 hours ago, sdx said:

As a frequent typer of Swedish, I can positively say that DE QWERTZ physical layout is "good enough" with Finqwerty. I'm sure I would be almost equally bothered to see non-swedish ÅÄÖ on the keyboard. And to make one swedish/finnish and one danish/norwegian would probably not be financially viable.

...And unfortunately the standard Danish ÆØ is swapped from the Norwegian, so for either however it is printed will be wrong for the other... 😥

On 2/2/2020 at 7:11 AM, sdx said:

As a frequent typer of Swedish, I can positively say that DE QWERTZ physical layout is "good enough" with Finqwerty. I'm sure I would be almost equally bothered to see non-swedish ÅÄÖ on the keyboard. And to make one swedish/finnish and one danish/norwegian would probably not be financially viable.

I am also very happy with my QWERTZ unit running FinQWERTY (Finnish). There are only few buttons that needs to be swapped by software.

•  Y<->Z,
  • Ü->Å,
  • ß->+
  • +->'

Personally, I wouldn't have changed + character by software at all but current layout is fine. However, some of my friends are waiting for information about Scandic. Would be good to share if Scandic is still in the pipeline or should people just buy QWERTZ and use FinQwerty. I would definitely buy a spare part Scandic layout mat to myself and maybe considering selling current unit to buy Scandic from stock availability.

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

I am also very happy with my QWERTZ unit running FinQWERTY (Finnish). There are only few buttons that needs to be swapped by software.

•  Y<->Z,
  • Ü->Å,
  • ß->+
  • +->'

Personally, I wouldn't have changed + character by software at all but current layout is fine. However, some of my friends are waiting for information about Scandic. Would be good to share if Scandic is still in the pipeline or should people just buy QWERTZ and use FinQwerty. I would definitely buy a spare part Scandic layout mat to myself and maybe considering selling current unit to buy Scandic from stock availability.

I do not expect to here anything on the subject before general availability of the device.

If a Scandic mat was available and easily user replaceable I would also buy some of them. But as I understand it, the keyboard is the only thing glued on, needing a heat gun. So not super user-replaceable, and I assume swapping it our selves would void the warranty... (Though I bought a heat gun for the purpose already....)

• Thanks 2
7 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I do not expect to here anything on the subject before general availability of the device.

If a Scandic mat was available and easily user replaceable I would also buy some of them. But as I understand it, the keyboard is the only thing glued on, needing a heat gun. So not super user-replaceable, and I assume swapping it our selves would void the warranty... (Though I bought a heat gun for the purpose already....)

Anyway, I have used my heat gun to perfectly remove the sticker on the back before it is worn out. 🙂

It is a good thing to have if you would like to remove glued parts anyway.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Anyway, I have used my heat gun to perfectly remove the sticker on the back before it is worn out. 🙂

It is a good thing to have if you would like to remove glued parts anyway.

Wait, do you mean you've somehow detached the keycap sticker of Pro1's keyboard and maybe change the location?

12 hours ago, wapsi said:

Wait, do you mean you've somehow detached the keycap sticker of Pro1's keyboard and maybe change the location?

I believe that @VaZso was talking about the sticker in the back.

image.png.82d3d70bd6b8bdf2abc8cf62e29b191e.png

Keyboard layout seems to be a mat that is glued somehow. See these pictures.

However, we have seen a faulty unit where one key was rotated. I don't if the key was printed upside down or is it possible to remove individual key.

iMarkup_20200125_133752.jpg

Edited by FlyingAntero
I messed up the spoiler tag
  • Like 1
On 1/25/2020 at 8:22 AM, MortisAngelus said:

Hello, @waxberry

Now a few months later I return with my question: any new info about if/when a scandi layout could be expected? Or should I just get a QWERTZ version? Albeit I really would not like to.

The more and more time that goes by, the less sense the already high price makes... We are now essentially paying 650+€ for 3 year old tech apart from camera, RAM and keyboard... At this point in time, it feels like I will get a Pro² before there is a scandi pro¹

I'm not sure if you will get any official answer here, so you should send an e-mail to [email protected]. I received an answer, but I'm not allowed to share it "without a written consent of the sender" . 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/11/2020 at 1:18 PM, fredrick said:

+1 for the scandi (swedish) layout. (I would like to buy the part and install it myself though, since I already have the qwerty version)

I'd like to buy this now please. 🙂
Still ve-ery interested! 

• Like 2