Pro1 Sale and Issues

Hi All,

I am no longer the proud owner of a Pro1; Chris is.

The LTE issue seems to be resolved.

• Although the indicator does not show "LTE" the benchmarks show that it is receiving the proper signal.

Bluetooth

• Non-issue for Chris. I apparently just have the wrong car.

Keyboard

• Works just fine. The virtual keyboard is no longer appearing when the physical one is deployed.

Wifi Calling

• Still a no-go, but a non-issue for the new owner.

Camera

• Amazing! I am going to miss that.

Thank you to all who reached out to me to purchase it, but I had to go with a local buyer who was willing to come out to me and pay cash.

Best of luck to all of you on your phones. I hope you enjoy them!

• Like 9
7 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Hi All,

I am no longer the proud owner of a Pro1; Chris is.

The LTE issue seems to be resolved.

• Although the indicator does not show "LTE" the benchmarks show that it is receiving the proper signal.

Bluetooth

• Non-issue for Chris. I apparently just have the wrong car.

Keyboard

• Works just fine. The virtual keyboard is no longer appearing when the physical one is deployed.

Wifi Calling

• Still a no-go, but a non-issue for the new owner.

Camera

• Amazing! I am going to miss that.

Thank you to all who reached out to me to purchase it, but I had to go with a local buyer who was willing to come out to me and pay cash.

Best of luck to all of you on your phones. I hope you enjoy them!

For my compatibility list, was your buyer also a T-mobile customer? It sounds like it, but I'd like to be certain.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, itsdevilslettuce said:

Are you on T-Mobile? Forgive me if you said which service you are using. 

However, not to make you despair, I have a report of a Clack working on Ting, a T-mobile MVNO, which leads me to believe signal problems with T-mobile are highly area specific. Although I always did call them Trouble Mobile back in the day :P

1 hour ago, cerialphreak said:

Good to know it's not just this device (or t-mobile). Based on what I found on the droid wiki, this can be expected behavior on some aosp roms.

To my understanding it is a regional thing. For example here in Finland Android Pie reports "4G+" on my XZ1 Compact. Also, user was able to change the icon between 4G and LTE before Pie update (on Oreo) via System UI Tuner. It is not possible anymore on Pie without root.

1 hour ago, david said:

For those not following all threads, it looks like the T-Mobile LTE issue was that a custom APN needed to be added with the correct parameters for T-Mobile.

Are you sure that's the only problem? I heard T-Mobile requires band 66 in some cities for LTE which the Pro1 doesn't support.

3 minutes ago, abielins said:

Are you sure that's the only problem? I heard T-Mobile requires band 66 in some cities for LTE which the Pro1 doesn't support.

That would be true of any provider where not all the bands are supported and a person only has unsupported bands in their location.  We are talking about a specific issue of T-Mobile in Chicago, IL.  But to attempt to get T-Mobile working at all, it seems that the APN needs to be added manually.  The APN to add has been provided in another thread, but here it is again:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2090

Edited by david
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I guess this is my official "I'm and Idiot" post.
I talked to a friend of mine who got the Pro1 and he was able to address almost all of my issues.

Talk about Seller's remorse.
I know you all told me, and I have to live with the fact that I had it in hand and didn't give it a chance.

So it's back on the list I go, along with 7 other people I got to sign up for one.

Please forgive me.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
4 minutes ago, sequestris said:

I talked to a friend of mine who got the Pro1 and he was able to address almost all of my issues.

I know you all told me, and I have to live with the fact that I had it in hand and didn't give it a chance.

So it's back on the list I go, along with 7 other people I got to sign up for one.

Please forgive me.

What was the fix for your car BT issue?  And did they get wifi calling working?

And better safe than sorry, so don't feel bad.

Edited by david
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, david said:

What was the fix for your car BT issue?  And did they get wifi calling working?

And better safe than sorry, so don't feel bad.

The bluetooth that had to pair it, remove it, and repair it. Stupidest thing ever.
And the wi-fi calling was a custom T-Mobile push that they turned on the feature - apparently it needs to be done for the phone, not just the number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
37 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Please forgive me.

Tha is both sad (for you) and encouraging (for the Pro1); and also, forgive me, a bit amusing. Before you get mad at me let me explain: I read the whole thread from the beginning just now so it seems the change of heart was almost instant.

On the bright side, thank you for spreading the word about the Pro1 and bringing new buyers aboard! By selling it to someone else you have actually expanded the circle of influence that will be reached by your former Pro1, this can only be good for business and we all want Fxtec to succed, don't we?

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, agent008 said:

Tha is both sad (for you) and encouraging (for the Pro1); and also, forgive me, a bit amusing. Before you get mad at me let me explain: I read the whole thread from the beginning just now so it seems the change of heart was almost instant.

On the bright side, thank you for spreading the word about the Pro1 and bringing new buyers aboard! By selling it to someone else you have actually expanded the circle of influence that will be reached by your former Pro1, this can only be good for business and we all want Fxtec to succed, don't we?

No, please be amused. Please laugh your ass off - my husband is.
I definitely want this little puppy to grow.
I learned my lesson.
Now if my Nexus 5 KitKat can just nag on a little bit longer... hopefully this time it won't take a year to receive.

• Haha 4
Just now, sequestris said:

No, please be amused. Please laugh your ass off - my husband is.

Dont punish yourself. Unless you're also laughing at yourself! 🙂
Hubby however has the right to laugh his ass off... as you'll have the right to do so when he does something similar.

2 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Now if my Nexus 5 KitKat can just nag on a little bit longer... hopefully this time it won't take a year to receive.

I had a red Nexus 5 and it was my best Android phone ever. That thing just worked. But I used Lollipop in it from the beginning.

Now the Priv I'm using since 2015 is acting up. I'm sure it's just spite towards being replaced by the Pro1. It would be easier to tolerate if the Snapdragon 808 in it didn't just get so damn hot for no apparent reason causing the system to heavily throttle the CPU and everything to just hang for a minute or 2 everyday.

1 hour ago, sequestris said:

Please forgive me.

You got F(x)tec 7 new CLACK-stomers? ALL SINS FORGIVEN! :)

Also, we'll likely get ours around the same time. I didn't order until November.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1