Bug: Chrome spellchecker popup blank

can confirm, but I highly doubt it´s a Pro1 specific issue. To get those spell checking red lines under the bad words i needed to enable spell checking via gboard itself and also allow some privacy settings within chrome, then I had the empty box aswell. Maybe someone more into Google Apps can help, in the meantime try clearing Data and Cache of both Chrome and Gboard and confirm your settings regarding region and languages.

Edited by Noir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Spell checker is actually an android global service much like virtual keyboard or launcher. By default it is set to Google Spell Checker. I tried using another service but same result: empty popup.

Looks very much like a Pro1 issue cause I could not find anything like that online.

Would be nice to get FxTec to investigate.

Screenshot_20200216-124028.thumb.png.af6052dc78474573e919cd578456b1e3.png

Edited by Slion
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, david said:

My popup in Chrome lists "Add to Dictionary" and "Delete", but no guesses provided to pick from.

I have that same issue in Gmail. In Chrome I believe the blank popup actually has those two same entries and if you tap on it they are functional. They just show blank.

@tdm Does spellcheck work on Lineage?

Edited by Slion
3 minutes ago, Slion said:

I have that same issue in Gmail. In Chrome I believe the blank popup actually has those two same entry and if you tap on it they are functional. They just show blank.

Mine shows the same two items in Chrome and Gmail.  For some reason mine are not invisible in Chrome.  I have Chrome version: 80.0.3987.99

3 minutes ago, Slion said:

@tdm Does spellcheck work on Lineage?

I was wondering the same thing.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Slion said:

Mine is x.132 funny enough.

I updated mine to 80.0.3987.132, and I still see "Add to dictionary" and "Delete" in the list box.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 12:36 PM, Slion said:

Has anyone managed to get this working on Pro1?
 @Erik @Waxberry

Are you guys looking into that issue? I mean a working spellchecker makes a lot of sense on a keyboard smartphone 😁

Fxtec people, any progress on that side, or did you freeze any software development until you can actually ship more units?

• 3 months later...

@Erik @Waxberry any chance to get a fix for this at some point?

@tdm was that fixed on LOS?

Now that the audio crackling has been fixed surely this should be your number one priority. We are talking about a qwerty phone without a functional spellchecker.

Edited by Slion
18 minutes ago, Slion said:

@Erik @Waxberry any chance to get a fix for this at some point?

@tdm was that fixed on LOS?

Now that the audio crackling has been fixed surely this should be your number one priority. We are talking about a qwerty phone without a functional spellchecker.

Don't think I've seen that bug reported for lineage. But then again, if the issue is not specific to the pro1, some lineage developer probably saw and fixed this in lineage before the first pro1 ever rolled off the assembly line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...