Is the new update recomended?

Hi Guys

New update is available on my device but i havent yet update.

i read here that the new update is not recomended, is that right?

so should i not update? incase it cause any issue.

Update is about fixed two keys and speraker channels

Well, I just update and two things broke

-Phone is locked in landscape

-Each time I type one of the letter 7m6kn or arrow down ,  the output is all the letters at once plus the app is quit. Almost unusable

Looking for a rollback solution

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Slion said:

Odd, did you try an extra reboot?

Yes two times. to recover the portrait orientation I have to open and close several time the keyboard.

but I still have the issue with the physical keyboard keys unfortunately

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Muth said:

Hum, it seem to be hardware. It was masked by the previous behavior as multiple keypress was ignored. Now all signals are recorded. If I press very gently the m keys, it is not apenning sometimes.

That would make sense. I'm afraid you may have to contact support.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Muth said:

Yes, you're right. I'll try to make a video. It's unfortunate, some time it works just fine.

Try "massaging" your keyboard and see if that fixes it? If it is a mechanical issue rather than an electrical issue it could help. Maybe your keyboard is still too stiff and too new. I found mine got easier to use as it aged a bit.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Slion said:

Try "massaging" your keyboard and see if that fixes it? If it is a mechanical issue rather than an electrical issue it could help. Maybe your keyboard is still too stiff and too new. I found mine got easier to use as it aged a bit.

Well it seems to work! I was more focused on the hinge (the flex circuit) , trying to open and close the keyboard multiple time. But you're right, I spent a bit of time to press all the keys with my thumbs, and so far I don't see the problem anymore. Maybe I was too careful!

Thanks a lot for the advice!

To come back to the topic's subject, go ahead with the update 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The update is great.  The "multiple keys at once" fix has vastly increased my typing speed.  Before I couldn't break 40 WPM before I stopped getting dropped keys; now I am 50-60 WPM on a good day.

Thank you f(x)tec for fixing this!  Before the fix, it was a great phone; now it is stellar.

Edited by peter.s.fidelman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Wasmachineman_NL said:

Software is really unstable though, I managed to crash and reboot my Pro1 just by playing with the slider

No such issue here. Then again I'm on the suspended update.

• Like 2