14 minutes ago, adidas88 said:

donˋt have the fn layout you mentioned in the other thread,  because I have a qwertz pro1 and have to use finqwerty am I right?

I did work on a qwertz layout but it was not completed. The alt layer was missing I believe. Look for the FX QWERTY thread the apk must have been posted there.

If you are interested we could work together on improving FX Qwertz layout.

Edited by Slion
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started working on Fulguris Web Browser. It's primarily targeting F(x)tec Pro1. Now available on PlayStore for free.

Just published release v0.7.0.

Guess what, I just published release v0.7.1.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, adidas88 said:

simple website blocker with just blocking some words of the url by setting them in the general settings.

There is an ad Blocker I guess its functionality could be extended somehow.

22 minutes ago, adidas88 said:

using back and forth with alt + arrows or ctrl + arrows

That's working with FX QWERTY too. You could also try the finqwerty layout. Not sure how that works with Fulgiris though.

I'm concerned Fulguris shortcuts won't work well with any qwertz layout. Eventually I want to have customizable shortcuts instead of hardcoded once but it will be a while until we get there.

38 minutes ago, adidas88 said:

creating a new tab should highlight directly the address-bar. I mean why not? What is normally the next step after creating a tab?

Actually the workflow in Fulguris is thought out differently. I believe by default doing a search or typing a URL in the toolbar opens a new tab. The idea is that most of the time you don't have to explicitly open a new tab. The trade off is that you should probably close tabs from time to time when you don't need them anymore. Fulguris  default configuration should result in a lot more tabs than people are used to. However you can adjust those behaviour from the settings.

You can also use tab and shift+tab to move the keyboard focus where you want it to. However not have F11 is somewhat a pain.

Edited by Slion
37 minutes ago, Slion said:

There is an ad Blocker I guess its functionality could be extended somehow.

@adidas88 The ad blocker can indeed most certainly be used to do just that. I does let you choose a local file listing the hosts to block. I'm not sure what's the format for it though. Maybe look at the Lightning Browser documentation.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, chippisc said:

Any plans on an F-Droid version?

There was an attempt to publish it on F-Droid but it was rejected because it uses Firebase. To be fair an F-Droid release would not give you much over the download variant which has a built-in check for update. You can also disable Firebase from the settings.

I'm trying to get it on Playstore in an attempt to monetize to hopefully bring much needed features. F-Droid won't help me with monetizing.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Slion said:

Now available on PlayStore for free.

Five stars reviews are welcome, others not so much 😁

Notice, not surprising, the play store version is one version behind the version I have,  Just curious, what is/are the in-app purchase(s).  Just a support option? It doesn't have ads, right?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Hook said:

Notice, not surprising, the play store version is one version behind the version I have,  Just curious, what is/are the in-app purchase(s).  Just a support option? It doesn't have ads, right?

I just pushed the newest version there too so it should turn up soon I hope.
No ads no, the in-app purchase is not being used actually.
I'm planning to add a very low yearly subscription fee that may enable some features.
Maybe I'll limit the number of tabs or something.
Anyway this is still work in progress and it could be a while until any of that is implemented.
I'm thinking one time in-app purchase to sponsor development of some features could be nice too.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1

I've never used it before, but the export and import bookmarks seems broken.  When I go to "Export bookmarks to backup" I get "Error   Sorry, bookmarks could not be exported!" with an OK button.  I tried it on my Moto G8 as well, so it isn't just the Pro1 nor is not being on stock.

Edited by Hook
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Hook said:

I've never used it before, but the export and import bookmarks seems broken.  When I go to "Export bookmarks to backup" I get "Error   Sorry, bookmarks could not be exported!" with an OK button.  I tried it on my Moto G8 as well, so it isn't just the Pro1 nor is not being on stock.

Odd, it works here on stock, it saves it to the download folder. Maybe you need to give the app storage permission.

Screenshot_20201113-152945.png

It could be it is trying to save it to a folder that does not exists for some reason. I would need to take a closer look in the code if you can't get it to work.

Edited by Slion
26 minutes ago, Slion said:

Odd, it works here on stock, it saves it to the download folder. Maybe you need to give the app storage permission.

Screenshot_20201113-152945.png

It could be it is trying to save it to a folder that does not exists for some reason. I would need to take a closer look in the code if you can't get it to work.

Odd.  It has storage permission on both phones.  The only other thing I can think of is both phones are on versions of Android 10.  Have you tested on Android 10?

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Hook said:

Odd.  It has storage permission on both phones.  The only other thing I can think of is both phones are on versions of Android 10.  Have you tested on Android 10?

Good point, I'll try it out tonight.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Slion said:

Just published release v1.0.8 tackling bookmarks export issue on Android 10 and some keyboard shortcuts update as mentioned above.

@Hook your bookmarks export should work then, it lands in a folder below that path Main Storage \ Android \ data \ net.slions.fulguris...

Works fine now.  Thanks for the quick response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1