[Poll] Have You had any hardware issues with Your Pro1?

Have You had hardware problems with Your Pro1?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Have You had hardware problems with Your Pro1?

• Yes, permanent
    • Yes, temporary
    • No
    • Not sure

Months ago my Pro1's USB port decided to stop working after less than 100 connect/disconnects (I had barely used the device because the software was just nowhere near what I deemed 'ready for daily use'). Due to some issues it took me a while to send the phone to FxTec and now it has been lieing there for 6 weeks. So @DieBruine's decision to repair the phone herself was the right choice.

*Edit* To anyone reading this: the USB port was fine. A piece of metal got stuck at the bottom of the port. Support fixed it. Also I should get my eyes checked. Probably.

Edited by SteffenWi
  • Sad 1

The earpiece on my phone stopped working.  It would work when I pressed down on the screen in that area.  Almost like a cable was unplugged.

It was like that for at least few months.  Not sure how long because I rarely talk on the phone.

Last week, I was cleaning the screen and pressed a bit hard on one of the corners.  Heard and felt a pop. Now it works properly.  A bit strange

• Thanks 2
42 minutes ago, drh said:

The earpiece on my phone stopped working.  It would work when I pressed down on the screen in that area.  Almost like a cable was unplugged.

It was like that for at least few months.  Not sure how long because I rarely talk on the phone.

Last week, I was cleaning the screen and pressed a bit hard on one of the corners.  Heard and felt a pop. Now it works properly.  A bit strange

Thanks, Other have reported that too 😥, so somehow this can get loose, but its luckily possible to click back in.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it seems that the USB port on my Pro1 does not work like it should anymore. Everything was fine a while ago but now I can't get HDMI output. It was working great with the same monitor earlier. Also, fast charging is not activated every time when I connect phone to the original QC3.0 charger. However, I can get fast charging activated every time with different USB-PD charger but only if I connect the cable right way. If I rotate the cable 180 degrees it does not charge at all.

I checked that there is not any visible dirt in the port but I can see a tiny "cleft" in the pin. It is on the screen side of the pin and in the middle (see the picture below). I am not sure if it is a defect. Can anyone check if there is a similar thing on your phone?

@DieBruine

Was your USB type-C HDMI output issue resolved?

1283692483_20201105_0918543.thumb.jpg.3d8a91b8e664cb9c9316947f2d7b5aef.jpg

spacer.png

Link: https://imgur.com/a/9VdUALy

Edited by FlyingAntero
37 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Can anyone check if there is a similar thing on your phone?

I find mine similar but cleaner.
So there is a metal part at the two sides but not in the middle, it seems the connector was designed that way.

Anyway, that Type-C connector was designed to be on a standalone panel, so it can be replaced more easily.
However it is a question if F(x)tec has replacement panels, but a question may worth a try...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FlyingAntero said:

Unfortunately, it seems that the USB port on my Pro1 does not work like it should anymore. Everything was fine a while ago but now I can't get HDMI output. It was working great with the same monitor earlier. Also, fast charging is not activated every time when I connect phone to the original QC3.0 charger. However, I can get fast charging activated every time with different USB-PD charger but only if I connect the cable right way. If I rotate the cable 180 degrees it does not charge at all.

I checked that there is not any visible dirt in the port but I can see a tiny "cleft" in the pin. It is on the screen side of the pin and in the middle (see the picture below). I am not sure if it is a defect. Can anyone check if there is a similar thing on your phone?

@DieBruine

Was your USB type-C HDMI output issue resolved?

1283692483_20201105_0918543.thumb.jpg.3d8a91b8e664cb9c9316947f2d7b5aef.jpg

spacer.png

Link: https://imgur.com/a/9VdUALy

I haven't heard 💩 from FxTec 😡.

• Sad 2
3 hours ago, VaZso said:

I find mine similar but cleaner.
So there is a metal part at the two sides but not in the middle, it seems the connector was designed that way.

Anyway, that Type-C connector was designed to be on a standalone panel, so it can be replaced more easily.
However it is a question if F(x)tec has replacement panels, but a question may worth a try...

Thanks for your reply. However, I was not talking about the top of the pin where metal parts can be found from both sides. I was talking about the part where the connectors are. I marked that part with blue color on picture below. It is really small "cleft".

1126983107_20201105_0918544.thumb.jpg.3ed460b813a230b544ace3040a4d2b4e.jpg

673669758_20201105_0918543.thumb.jpg.38e1966955ff502c90611e4929c4e481.jpg

2 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

Thanks for your reply. However, I was not talking about the top of the pin where metal parts can be found from both sides. I was talking about the part where the connectors are. I marked that part with blue color on picture below. It is really small "cleft".

Mine does not have this cleft. It does on the other side than pictured but it's hard to see and even harder to get on photo.

image.thumb.png.1aa4c1b5ba13cdae72eadc128cc583d2.png

Edited by netman
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I do not see this (Tough photo to get decent BTW)

That is the other direction anyway.

I have tried to look at mine and I clearly see what @EskeRahntook a photo of but at the opposite side I suspect it is also have "something" in the middle.

Anyway, I have a Pro1 which was only connected to the charger once.
I can clearly see both sides of its connector, there isn't any differences of the connection.

I think this is because I am charging it using a cable which also has a light at Type-C side which I covered earlier but that "cover" felt off, so I always plug it facing down as I don't like such lights.
So that means I usually use only one side of that connector and apparently that is the side worn a bit.

(Basically Type-C is a reversible connector which means the connector side has all of the connections at both sides, basically it is a dual connector in one component - also that is why it may work if you turn around the cable.)

Edit: I see you took a photo also of other side.

Edited by VaZso
9 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I do have the same cleft on the TOP side of the connector

R1091331_Crop.thumb.JPG.4eb2ab52719f333d83c1caffe30a095c.JPG

first tried they slightly easier photo from below, and here I see no cleft

R1091335_Crop.thumb.JPG.72efd6208bce10a821aee9ca72731b7c.JPG

Thanks! That looks similar to my device. I think that the issue might be somewhere else. Most probably it is a hardware thing but I am planning to flash LOS 17.1 when it is released just to be sure.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I do have the same cleft on the TOP side of the connector

Checking again by eye with a bright lamp I can also see this on mine, I am sorry for any confusion caused. The top side I can't seem to capture on photo any good.

• Thanks 1