I recently swapped the screen assembly of two broken Pro1s to get one working.
To access the screws at the back of the display you need to remove those stickers covering them.

Now I was wondering if replacing those stickers with slightly thicker rubber pads would help with rattling when the phone is closed.

Then I found those guys that could produce something usable for that application:

https://www.rhnuttall.co.uk/pads/rubber-pads/

Looks like they could produce 0.8mm thick neoprene rubber pads for this application. Just have to give them the proper diameter. Some one mentioned 5mm diameter stickers were fitting just fine. We could measure that again to be sure.

I reckon I'll ask them for a quote.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jordi said:

What about self bounding rubber tape (0.8 mm. thickness) or clarinet mouthpiece pads, cut with scissor or this tool, for ex.?

Actually I just ordered similar hole punchers tools. Then just have to find the proper material. Delivery in September, I guess not 🙂

Edited by Slion
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, TeZtdevice said:

These goes worldwide.  €12 including shipping. Though 3600 is way beyond what I in even my most pessismistic repair scenario will need - will report back if they are of decent quality and not too glossy....

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

These goes worldwide.  €12 including shipping. Though 3600 is way beyond what I in even my most pessismistic repair scenario will need - will report back if they are of decent quality and not too glossy....

Here's the US link for these.  I failed to turn this up back when I ordered my 1600, lol. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3600-Glue-Dots-5mm-Circles-Black-dot-Self-Adhesive-Sticker-Inventory-Foil/273534542426?epid=27025325402&hash=item3fafede25a:g:gLEAAOSwn0pdOD18

2mm neoprene. I'll try with those 3 for a while they should flatten over time, they are really squishy.

Just setting up those three is fixing any rattling when closed.

IMG_20200703_150123.jpg

Edited by Slion
  • Like 3

I did some trials with various materials and thickness. If you just want to cover the screws any black tape will do. If you want to get ride of the rattling while closed you probably need 2mm squishy foam on every corner of the screen. Nothing else would do for me.

I tried 1mm hard rubber in seven emplacements, including the four corners and the two screws in the middle and that does not help at all with the rattling.

I've settled with 2mm rubber foam on every corner and 1mm hard rubber for those two screws in the middle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 5:48 PM, EskeRahn said:

These goes worldwide.  €12 including shipping. Though 3600 is way beyond what I in even my most pessimistic repair scenario will need - will report back if they are of decent quality and not too glossy....

They are rather glossy, so not something I can recommend 😕

If you have a nice sharp craft knife and a steady hand 2mm single sided draught excluder tape will also do the job. Much like Slion's suggestion really.

I've actually used the same stuff for making the rubber door seals on large scale model cars.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 3:07 PM, Slion said:

2mm neoprene. I'll try with those 3 for a while they should flatten over time, they are really squishy.

Just setting up those three is fixing any rattling when closed.

IMG_20200703_150123.jpg

Where did you purchase them? in which material did you punch the holes?

Edited by OKSun
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, OKSun said:

You can easily find mats of various thickness on e.g. ebay.

Search for "adhesive neoprene" (or rubber) and you will find it offered as mats or bands in various thickness.

• Thanks 3
3 hours ago, OKSun said:

From an old batch I bought like 10 years ago in a hardware store in Germany.

IMG_20200805_160900_compress99.jpg

IMG_20200805_160936_compress16.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2