LineageOS 18 UNOfficial Builds: Discussion

I have been using LOS 18  for 14 days and i am quite happy with it.  Volte works on the latest builds and the phone works fast, would say like LOS 17. Like the new android features. Didn't find any bugs besides not working vowifi yet. Magisk v21, Gapps, xposed, banking apps... everything works. Not sure about my sound quality during call (me not them) but was shitty before. 

Edited by shubell
(split from 17.1 thread)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, shubell said:

i have been using los 18 (some unofficial beta build, not sure if i am allowed to post links here) for 14 days and i am quite happy with it.  Volte works and the phone works fast, would say like los 17. Like the new android features. Didn't find any bugs besides not working vowifi yet. Magisk, gaps, xposed, banking apps... everything works. Not sure about my sound quality during call (me not them) but was shitty before. 

Sure you are allowed to in this forum 🙂 That it is not official does not make it illegal, but perhaps it is not the optimal thread for it. IS it the XDA build mentioned here, or is there another one?

• Like 1

Well there is an older unofficial one in the thread,  lineage-18.0-20201121-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip  is the latest test one that i have and has volte working, but has gaps included. lineage-18.0-20201120-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip is a bit older but also has volte working and no gaps

If you are flashing this you also need a UNOFFICIAL boot image that you flash prior as you can't flash from the OFFICIAL build.

This one works  lineage-17.1-20201118-UNOFFICIAL-pro1-boot.img , it is lineage 17.1 but you can use it for flashing 18.

You can get extract the newer ones from the firmware package with payload dumper  if you might need it 😉 

Edited by shubell
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, shubell said:

Well there is an older unofficial one in the thread,  lineage-18.0-20201121-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip  is the latest test one that i have and has volte working, but has gaps included. lineage-18.0-20201120-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip is a bit older but also has volte working and no gaps

Where are you getting these links from?  My google fu not working well 😄

• Haha 1

directly from bgcngm, was testing firmwares for him when he was fixing ims, he will probably post some new version on xda  soon. He did the ims fixes on LOS 18 and after that they were added to 17.1. Not sure if they are in the official builds yet tho. Imo fxtec should give the guy a device most of LOS commits for pro1 are his.

Edited by shubell
  • EskeRahn changed the title to LineageOS 18 UNOfficial Builds: Discussion
1 hour ago, shubell said:

directly from bgcngm, was testing firmwares for him when he was fixing ims, he will probably post some new version on xda  soon. He did the ims fixes on LOS 18 and after that they were added to 17.1. Not sure if they are in the official builds yet tho. Imo fxtec should give the guy a device most of LOS commits for pro1 are his.

ah ok no wonder I was struggling to find them 🙂

How are they testing the firmware then if they don't have a device 😕?

Merging device specific changes that were done on LOS 16 to newer version of LOS. And there are also other msm8998 devices that make the same changes. So if someone on another device that uses the same platform makes a change... you can merge that change also in you build. If you don't have a device you can't test it 😉 but if it builds.. it builds.
You can see that here. Search for a device, click some changes, follow them to the original author.

Edited by shubell
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

lineage-18.1-20201210-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip

New build works, volte working. The only issue is that the exists is with gapps (threre are no good ones yet), so if you don't use them the build is great. Upgrade from 18 worked. Open_gapps-arm64-11.0-micro-20201116-TEST which are the latest ones prevent you from booting, missing some permissions.
Recovery also fixed, you can select updates from sdcard again.

• Thanks 5

Bought my wife a new phone and confiscated her Pro1, since she wasn't using the keyboard anyway (ghosting bug). Sick and tired of waiting on my phones.

Anyway, took the plunge. Running LoS 18. Curious as to what I will find.

After a day's use:
Physical camera button doesn't do anything (not that I ever used it). My bad, had to program it, works with all installed camera apps, nice!
One time the Caps lock LED got inverted, reboot fixed that.
Nice to see the fabulous camera app is still in use :s
Text ghosting gone (issue on LoS 17 for me and some others)
One nuisance; I use Swiftkey and used the shortcut bar for emoticons in Hangouts. But the Swiftkey bar doesn't show under/in Hangouts. Strangely enough it shows up in all other apps!!! It also shows you text predictions (landscape + physical keyboard). I'm assuming this will never be fixed since I'm probably on of the last that uses Hangouts.

So far so good👌🏾
Running your version and Nikgapps Omni, the dialer (call-interface) doesn't show when calling. I can call someone, but I do not see that the call is being made. No interface, no dialer, can't hang-up... But the calls do succeed. Just found out that I cannot accept a call, since the dialer doesn't show up!
Power to end calls works. Volume to answer calls does not work.

Edited by DieBruine
Dialer not working
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

tnx bgcngm for fixing vowifi so here is a fresh build i made lineage-18.1-20210105-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip. upgrade works, tested with latest nikgapps.

here is the bgcngm's lastest build  lineage-18.1-20210105-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip better use this one 😉

do report issues if you find them,

side note: a bit strange behaviour known issue... volte or vowifi... not both together but if you don't have one it switches, the bug description below. But still got working volte and vowifi, firstime since android 9

1. Turn on phone, wifi connected
data network: lte
voice network: lte
wifi: connected
mobile radio power: on

ims status:registed
volte:available
vowifi:unavailable
video:unavailable
UT:unavailable

2. Everything is like that indefinatly until i enable aeroplane mode
wifi: off
data network: unknown 
voice network: unknown
mobile radio power: off

ims status:not registed
volte:unavailable

3. Everthing as expected, i enable wifi and after a few sec
data network: iwlan
mobile radio power: on (when ims gets registed id switches on)

vowifi:available
video:available

voviwi caling works

4. disable aeroplane mode, wifi still connected,

5. turn off mobile radio 

after ims gets registed it switches on

vowifi:available
video:available

6. turn off wifi 
data network: unknown 

ims status:not registed

7. turn mobile radio power on

8. turn wifi on

Edited by shubell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was down for a couple of days (torn muscle). Just tried new Omni and that did the trick, thanks.

Your version doesn't support HD-Audio over Bluetooth. And I'm having some issues with CAPS-lock interference with Swiftkey (always on). Also that little nuisance of me not being able to get that Swiftkey overlay under Hangouts.

Just downloaded lineage-18.1-20210105-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip, flashing now. By the way, haven't had a single issue apart from mentioned above.... Daily driver for me, heavy user I might add. Ow, Maps doesn't work. But judging by the response in the store, I don't think it's a LoS-issue. After first use I have to uninstall it.

But, let's just ignore it all. Updating to lineage-18.1-20210105-UNOFFICIAL-pro1.zip and flashing Omni again....

Edited by DieBruine

Well flashed 0105 this morning. Bootloop. Then I flashed both a+b +new Omni and after that it booted. Keeps, Hangouts and Play services kept crashing. Had to re-install those manually afterwards. Clearing cache nor storage helped.

The Maps issue is gone. The problem I had perviously was a "no internet connection" error. Didn't matter which network I was on nor whether I toggled airplane mode. I got it working again, once by clearing storage and deleting the app (re-install). That only worked the first time. After closing Maps the error occured again and this time for good.

I have opened Maps a couple of time in the last few hours, so far so good.

Is there a way to clear cache on 11?

Latest version also no Bluetooth HD-media.
Black screen brightness issue is back.

And two screenshots to illustrate the floating bar absent in Hangouts.

Screenshot_20210106-170129_Hangouts.png

Screenshot_20210106-170025_Firefox.png

Edited by DieBruine

8 hours ago, DieBruine said:

By the way, haven't had a single issue apart from mentioned above.... Daily driver for me, heavy user I might add.

Well imo this is the best version up to date... the last LOS 16 version was imo the best one but it lacked the speed and certain android 10-11 features

LOS 17.1 official is kinda not really beeing worked on much... LOS 18.1 this is the way. Can't really se why you would stay on LOS17.1 as 18.1 has everything + more and bugfixes are faster here.

3 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Is there a way to clear cache on 11?

fastboot erase cache 

that would work i think.  

8 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Your version doesn't support HD-Audio over Bluetooth.

The  Bluetooth HD-media issue... did that ever work on LOS?  And kinda isn't my version. I just build it for me and share it here if someone wants to try it.
All the changes and fixes can be found here in the LOS Gerrit. You can kinda browse trough it and find some issues fixed on other devices and if there is a fix it probably can be implemented into the pro1 version.

The Maps issue is gone. The problem I had perviously was a "no internet connection" error. Didn't matter which network I was on nor whether I toggled airplane mode. I got it working again, once by clearing storage and deleting the app (re-install). That only worked the first time. After closing Maps the error occured again and this time for good.

I have opened Maps a couple of time in the last few hours, so far so good.

Well for me everything works ok...  tbh sometimes i do a clear cache and reinstall and works after that so i don't really call it a huge issue as it could be update related. The guys that don't use gapps don't have those issues only we who use them.

Black screen brightness issue is back.

Don't know that issue. Kinda very bright on black background? Back from which version?

And two screenshots to illustrate the floating bar absent in Hangouts.

Don't really use hangouts so don't really know what bar 😉
Could be a gapps issue.. have you tried playing around with different gapps versions? 

Edited by shubell

I had a nasty ghosting keys issue on 16, phone died. Confiscated one and went straight to 18. I think tdm mentioned a while aago that 18 was running smoothly according to !?!?. So I took the plunge and have been running 18. HD-media worked under 16. When you ook under DevOps you can see that it's unavailable. So I was wondering if it's going to be fixed. If not, too bad, just curiosity from my part.

Screen brightness was an issue on stock and if recall correctly earlier versions of LoS. I would suggest you use the front camera in a dark room with creen brightness >25 (slider). It looks like a compression algorithm from the 00"s 🤕.

Fastboot erase cache doesn't work on my phone. The dalvik-cache directory also doesn't exist anymore since 11. At least that's what I read a while ago (and checked on my phone). So no, that won't work.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for F(x)tec Pro1 | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com) New build (March 4th) with March security patches.

NikGapps download | SourceForge.net Latest NikGapps (January 30th).

Just flashed it myself. I use Nikgapps Omni. Downloads - NikGApps | NikGapps Website overview of all different packages.

Edited by DieBruine
Forgot to mention build date
  • Thanks 3
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Maplesteel said:

Hey folks. If you are following this thread waiting for the official LOS 18, then the wait is over. See

Good point.
(I can not seize to be amazed of the odd results when the forum when referencing a thread just adds a random excerpt of a picture from a random post in the thread to 'illustrate' the link. The picture is certainly more confusing that helping here 🤣 )

• Haha 3