Replacement Screw Cover Stickers

If you've taken your Pro1 apart before you will have noticed it's mostly held together with screws hidden behind small circular stickers:
  image.png.f13b354cb0555adb0245aaf4296bc98d.png

And while it's possible to take these off without damaging, if you are me you entirely destroy them in the removal process :D. Also I do like to get creative, so I made a solution:
image.png.ea96cc78e39cc7981d64e1ab581102e4.png

They're made from thick laminated vinyl (made by Orafol), and obviously quite different than the original stickers but they do the job well I think. I could not achieve the same roundness as the original since this would cost too much for smaller quantitites (to cut them more precisely requires a die to be custom made).
 image.png.d94c89323e3bb1fc17f81841cfcfbbe9.png

Since it isn't much harder to make a pile of them than just a few, I did so and will be mailing them out for free. If you want some PM me your address and tell you want stickers, can't promise them to ship fast though as it depends when do I pass the post office :P. To save on international shipping cost for people in the US I'll forward the address to our very own @Hook who I sent a stack of stickers. If you are in the US you can also PM @Hook directly :). Alternatively you can PM me on TMO if you came from there (I'm also "netman" there), or on the unofficial discord.

Many thanks go to our community over at Discord, where people helped designing and testing the stickers. Not all the drawings are done by myself but I don't recall who did them xD. Many thanks to @mosen for beautiful photos of the stickers.

I've also attached the original SVG file that I sent to the sticker house to have them fabricated, but note that this is scaled to work out specifically for them - it took several test runs to get this right.

snedes_pro1stickers7_final.svg

Edited by netman
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Love these, especially the prawn one is awesome (crustaceans for the win). What does it stand for?

Seeing this topic, does that mean you have fully disassembled the device before? Do you know how to reach the antenna assembly?

Edited by milp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, milp said:

Love these, especially the prawn one is awesome (crustaceans for the win). What does it stand for?

Say Pro1 ten times fast.

1 minute ago, milp said:

Seeing this topic, does that mean you have fully disassembled the device before? Do you know how to reach the antenna assembly?

I have not gone beyond disassembling the screen part, but I did take off the stickers on the keyboard corners for putting them in a scanner and testing my replacements.

The best info about disassembly so far are these instructions IMO https://gelraen.github.io/fxtec-pro1-teardown/ also there's a document from F(x)tec themselves but beware this describes disassembly of pre-production unit where there are no stickers on the keyboard corners so it's different and taking the bottom half apart is different (i don't think you need a heat gun for the final units unless you want to take the keyboard mat itself apart).

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, netman said:

To save on international shipping cost for people in the US I'll forward the address to our very own @Hook who I sent a stack of stickers

If you are in the US, feel free to PM me your address directly.  🙂

• Thanks 3
On 1/18/2021 at 7:15 PM, netman said:

If you've taken your Pro1 apart before you will have noticed it's mostly held together with screws hidden behind small circular stickers:
  image.png.f13b354cb0555adb0245aaf4296bc98d.png

And while it's possible to take these off without damaging, if you are me you entirely destroy them in the removal process :D. Also I do like to get creative, so I made a solution:
image.png.ea96cc78e39cc7981d64e1ab581102e4.png

They're made from thick laminated vinyl (made by Orafol), and obviously quite different than the original stickers but they do the job well I think. I could not achieve the same roundness as the original since this would cost too much for smaller quantitites (to cut them more precisely requires a die to be custom made).
 image.png.d94c89323e3bb1fc17f81841cfcfbbe9.png

Since it isn't much harder to make a pile of them than just a few, I did so and will be mailing them out for free. If you want some PM me your address and tell you want stickers, can't promise them to ship fast though as it depends when do I pass the post office :P. To save on international shipping cost for people in the US I'll forward the address to our very own @Hook who I sent a stack of stickers. If you are in the US you can also PM @Hook directly :). Alternatively you can PM me on TMO if you came from there (I'm also "netman" there), or on the unofficial discord.

Many thanks go to our community over at Discord, where people helped designing and testing the stickers. Not all the drawings are done by myself but I don't recall who did them xD. Many thanks to @mosen for beautiful photos of the stickers.

I've also attached the original SVG file that I sent to the sticker house to have them fabricated, but note that this is scaled to work out specifically for them - it took several test runs to get this right.

snedes_pro1stickers7_final.svg 207.21 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you so much for sending a stack of these to our office! They're very helpful with repairs! 🏆

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, Erik said:

Thank you so much for sending a stack of these to our office! They're very helpful with repairs! 🏆

Very happy they are useful :).

All you who requested stickers: they've been mailed out and should arrive in approx a week :). More are still available to anyone who wants some.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, netman said:

Very happy they are useful :).

All you who requested stickers: they've been mailed out and should arrive in approx a week :). More are still available to anyone who wants some.

Trust me, the spam letters you will receive afterwards are a small price to pay for the stickers!

P.S. Since anyone has a prawn on their pro1 soon, Fxtec should officially rebrand it!

• Haha 2
  • 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, netman said:

Since the Pro1X has started shipping, I'll bump this topic with the message that stickers are still available and until i run out of post stamps they're free of charge ;).

I still have them available for folks in the US.  🙂 

Also, speaking of screws, assuming these did not change, here is a source of replacement screws for the Pro1 (and, I'm pretty sure the Pro1x).  You want the M1.4, 2mm ones.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256801290219581.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.4d571802E1D8nQ&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

• Thanks 2
  • 3 months later...

Update: Until Februari 2023 I won't be able to dispatch out stickers and I'm not sure I'll watch the forum, but until then if you want stickers you can message @Hook to request stickers regardless of location :). They are still available and still free.

Edit: do not be concerned, i'm just away traveling for a while :).

Edited by netman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3