Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is it really possible that we have not photo thread yet? I'll start one with one of my first snaps to test the camera. Shot with the "Manual Camera" app as JPEG + RAW (DNG), RAW developed with Silkypix Pro Developer Studio 9, which took far too much work to get a result similar to the original JPEG. 

IMG_20210218_170309.thumb.jpg.68dfe96f6558f5753a13ea14c38a8e34.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are other threads, The problem is that forum heavily reduces the images, so any details (or lack hereof) would not be easily visible, unless, people also posts cut out blow ups of strategic areas. So the Forum software makes a real fair photo thread a little hard to do.

ADD: that is shown, we can download in full better resolution each of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting when I download the above, it is still oriented wrong, and only ¼ MB, the source I uploaded was 6.4Mb.....
The original  (and correctly oriented) was 4000x3000, the up side down download 1200x900

Yours came down as 2560x1920 and 1.6MB. Does that match the resolution you set in the camera App?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Interesting when I download the above, it is still oriented wrong, and only ¼ MB, the source I uploaded was 6.4Mb.....
The original  (and correctly oriented) was 4000x3000, the up side down download 1200x900

Yours came down as 2560x1920 and 1.6MB. Does that match the resolution you set in the camera App?

2560x1920 and 1.6MB was exactly what I uploaded (the output of my RAW converter software). Seems there's a cutoff somewhere between 2560 and 4000, above which an image gets reduced to 1200? 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rob. S. said:

2560x1920 and 1.6MB was exactly what I uploaded (the output of my RAW converter software). Seems there's a cutoff somewhere between 2560 and 4000, above which an image gets reduced to 1200? 

But even my 1920x1080 image of only 0.6MB was reduced further... 😕
Did you do it on a PC or from a phone? Could also be that the initial post are allowed a higher resolution?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

You have a big lawn, and you seem to have a big mole!

The lawn is some 1000-1500m² but the infested area shown is less than 100m². So yeah must be a heavy one. I set up a trap, and will see if I can catch it....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

But even my 1920x1080 image of only 0.6MB was reduced further... 😕
Did you do it on a PC or from a phone? Could also be that the initial post are allowed a higher resolution?

Strange.

I'll try another one myself. Like above, I'll drag and drop it from my image viewer (XnView) right into the text editor.

Ok... It only works if the image is below 2 MB size, so I need to set a fairly strong JPEG compression when developing the image.

IMG_20210218_171737.thumb.JPG.3729c057e13e38f3157b99d7f44ac83a.JPG

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I wonder if it is because I'm a Mod, that I'm allowed to upload more, but it is then compressed heavier???

I actually wouldn't rule this out. Those policies usually are defined per group... And perhaps someone upped the upload options for users at some point, but not for moderators?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rob. S. said:

I actually wouldn't rule this out. Those policies usually are defined per group... And perhaps someone upped the upload options for users at some point, but not for moderators?

Yeah I know they were upped a year ago or more, so most likely that is it. *G* They are too busy these days for me to bother them with it though 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Pix! (Pictures)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms