Pix! (Pictures)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just some photos done in noob mode (stock camera, default auto settings)  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Scoopy said:

I don't know why people are saying the Pro1's camera is not good, judging from these photos this is more than perfect for me.

The following photo was taken afternoon in a rainy day mid-March, it was raining a bit.
I had to reduce the resolution of following images because of 2 MB upload limit.

1.thumb.jpg.2588d29cad14ba57d1391d7c299dd9d0.jpg

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 2
57 minutes ago, Scoopy said:

I don't know why people are saying the Pro1's camera is not good

Well the hardware is just fine. The default app is a bit so-so, but a LOT of camera apps can access the camera using the Camera2 API. As long as you stay away from HDR (there is an odd bug in the implementation of the API for the Pro1, that add odd shadows when the app try to stitch the two together. HDR in the the Stock app works though.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Clay pits in the German region called Kannenbäckerland (potters' land) in the Westerwald low mountain range, famous for its pottery tradition that reaches back into the late 16th century...

IMG_20210626_151257.thumb.JPG.db83cf3de8574ec6adb342fa9cca7c2f.JPGIMG_20210626_154955.thumb.JPG.30d4b47a8a4f96582c8f4bc2930b57b7.JPG

• Like 3

Oh man. It must be that my camera is kaputt. (Maybe from the beginning?) I never could figure out how to get the camera to focus properly. All my shots are ridiculous, as if I was using a 2004 VGA phone camera 🤦‍♂️

Example: Taken of my new toy and my youngest feline from inside the garage. Such a garbage focus.

• Like 1
On 4/13/2021 at 6:07 PM, Scoopy said:

I don't know why people are saying the Pro1's camera is not good, judging from these photos this is more than perfect for me.

It's because some people are getting to take only out of focus photos, like I am. 😩

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, agent008 said:

I never could figure out how to get the camera to focus properly.

I got many shots like yours when trying to use the double-action (hardware) shutter button: I observed that the camera focuses fine at first (as visible in the viewer) but at the point of pushing the shutter button through, the lens defocussed again.

For me, this late defocussing never happens when using the touchscreen ("soft-button") to take pictures (I'm using OpenCamera). So I have pretty much given up on the hardware shutter button for now. Quite sad, as the double-action shutter button was one of the things I liked most about my N900 ...

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, claude0001 said:

I got many shots like yours when trying to use the double-action (hardware) shutter button: I observed that the camera focuses fine at first (as visible in the viewer) but at the point of pushing the shutter button through, the lens defocussed again.

For me, this late defocussing never happens when using the touchscreen ("soft-button") to take pictures (I'm using OpenCamera). So I have pretty much given up on the hardware shutter button for now. Quite sad, as the double-action shutter button was one of the things I liked most about my N900 ...

In those cases, did you also get one part of the picture focused and the other blurry? Because the picture of @agent008looks more like what me and some others were experiencing. And that is apparently caused by some hardware defect in the camera module. In other threads a misaligned lens or problems with the stabilizer were named as possible causes.

Or am I just misjudging the sharpness within the picture? Looking at it closer, the left side also seems blurry. Maybe it was only seeming to be stronger on the right side, where it's darker.

Edited by Jacob_S
Added last paragraph
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Jacob_S said:

Looking at it closer, the left side also seems blurry.

Yes, for me @agent008's entire picture seems blurry.

To answer your question: No, I never had this "tilted" focus others have observed and which indeed looks like a misaligned lens to me.

My problem seems more like an misbehaviour of the double-action button, where upon pushing the button all the way down, the system changes the focal length once more, instead of just taking the picture.

Does not happen all the time, so maybe I'm just pressing the button "wrongly". But I never had that issue with any other camera, so it's annoying enough for me to avoid that button now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I chose a particularly bad example nthat was easy at hand. Many times my pictures seem to have a varying focus inside the picture. I will try to find some more examples to post, would be nice to have others' opinions as I might be biased by what I read here at the forum.

With Open Camera I always had to set the manual focus to a distance which was totally different than the real distance between the phone and the phto subject.

So, I'm not sure anymore whether there's a software bug when talking to the camera hardware where the focus distances are not interpreted/calculated correctly; whether I have a misaligned lens; or both.

I am getting similar problems with blurriness. Attached is a picture I (literally) just took. I am focusing on the right-half of the keyboard and it's very obvious that the camera isn't responding correctly. 

Based on what I've seen here, this seems like a hardware problem with the lenses? Is there a way I can fix this myself (somewhat handy)? 

IMG_20210629_113338.jpg

• Sad 4
  • 1 month later...
On 4/14/2021 at 12:08 AM, VaZso said:

...and my cat today in a very dark environment:

4.thumb.jpg.1bd5129e3b86b7caa50c8ca9d9699a29.jpg

She is a beauty for her age 😃

She looks a lot like mine, sadly she passed a few years ago, she was over 18 years old.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Slion said:

She is a beauty for her age 😃

She looks a lot like mine, sadly she passed a few years ago, she was over 18 years old.

Thank you.

18 years are pretty good which is only possible if her health is good and also her owner takes car of her.
Sad she has passed but I think she had a good / valuable life.

My cat is really clever and patient (as she was in her entire life) and her eyes, ears and brain are still healthy.
She had an accident with my dog years ago and her spine has injured majbe around 6-7 years ago or so and sometimes she limping for one of her rear legs, but sometimes it can not really seen depending on maybe a bad jump.

She don't really jumps anymore (only when it is necessary), but tries to plan how to do everything (go higher to a place, then go to the next one, next one and finally the place she wants to go) and she also goes to high places that way.

• Like 1
On 6/29/2021 at 8:34 PM, rubleaj said:

I am getting similar problems with blurriness. Attached is a picture I (literally) just took. I am focusing on the right-half of the keyboard and it's very obvious that the camera isn't responding correctly. 

Based on what I've seen here, this seems like a hardware problem with the lenses? Is there a way I can fix this myself (somewhat handy)? 

IMG_20210629_113338.jpg

I had similar issues that autofocus didn't work but they weren't as severe. My fix: install Open Camera, activate Camera API 2 and activate manual focus. Especially in dark conditions this really helps a lot.