Hi all. Been using my pro1 ever since this good community helped me to fix software hitches. Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜‰

So now after about a half year, the right side hinge (at the screen) started to become loose at open position. It rattles about half a millimeter; I wouldn't care about it much but it's started about two months ago with a barely noticeable wiggle and has gotten worse. I am pretty sure out of warranty now (unless you get a new full year warranty with a replacement unit?). Did this happen to any of you? This is not related to any fall (experienced my first fall just two days ago, doh) or hard usage.. I always open the screen very slowly & carefully, too..

1 hour ago, itchy355 said:

Hi all. Been using my pro1 ever since this good community helped me to fix software hitches. Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜‰

So now after about a half year, the right side hinge (at the screen) started to become loose at open position. It rattles about half a millimeter; I wouldn't care about it much but it's started about two months ago with a barely noticeable wiggle and has gotten worse. I am pretty sure out of warranty now (unless you get a new full year warranty with a replacement unit?). Did this happen to any of you? This is not related to any fall (experienced my first fall just two days ago, doh) or hard usage.. I always open the screen very slowly & carefully, too..

I had that from the beginning. Sent my phone in and they exchanged the right mount of the hinge. Then it was good for a while, but now it is rattling again. I think the cause is a combination of the asymmetric design and the fact, that the pin of the hinge sits directly in plastic. I think @EskeRahnย found a way to dampen some noise by adding felt at a certain spot, but I am not totally sure, if that was about the same problem and in which thread it was described.

Regarding the warranty:

"The Pro1 comes with a 2 year warranty on the device, which covers any manufacturing defects."ย 

Yes it is two different issues.

One is something gotten loose or worn, the last should be unlikely this soon. For the loose I too would check the screws as the first guess.

Another is that the support-arm when closed are free, and thus can rattle a little if you shake the device, a tiny piece of ยฝ-1mm thick self-adhesive rubber or felt can be placed in the 'groove' for it. to inhibit its movement.

• Like 2