Glass Screen Protector for Pro1/Pro1X

Where can I buy glass screen protectors for pro1? I feel that they would provide more protection to the screen in case of a drop.

I know that Brotect has something called AirGlass screen protector and while they don't provide those for Pro1, they do provide it for elephone U, so I assume I could use those.

Are there any other options available for glass screen protectors?

Also has anyone used the AirGlass screen protector elephone U version with their pro1, and how has your experience been?

Edited by lawliett
2 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

...nowhere 😞 curved tempered glass does not exists . You can only buy precurved tpu screen protector for elefone.

They DO exist for BB-Priv, so could be made for the Pro1 & Elephone U also. They are not that hard to make when the screen only curves parallel to the long edges of the device.

I have used these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RWGCG9S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Am sure something cheaper can be found though I only paid £5.99 originally about a year ago. 

But no glass ones available 😞

But surely there will be around 2000 phones in the wild so maybe a custom one might be made if a supplier was contacted. (not interested in doing that my self though)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, pebert said:

Any experience in this? 

And did anyone confirm that elephone U protector works?

The protectors for the Elephone U all works perfect as it is (literally) the same BOE-display on both.
BUT currently we can only get the real tempered glass ones FLAT (not full coverage), or the elastic type curved - you can get both types for trifles on e.g. AliExpress - I bought a stack, and they work just fine.

8 hours ago, 3zet said:

S8 does not fit? 

I believe it was for the S8+ I tried (if I remember right), the S8 is too slim. But anyway they are too elongated, and need to be cut (i was unable to do that with the tools I got, but perhaps a plasma cutter or something like that could do the trick.

• Thanks 1
On 3/7/2021 at 11:05 PM, EskeRahn said:

The protectors for the Elephone U all works perfect as it is (literally) the same BOE-display on both.
BUT currently we can only get the real tempered glass ones FLAT (not full coverage), or the elastic type curved - you can get both types for trifles on e.g. AliExpress - I bought a stack, and they work just fine.

I have also ordered screen protectors from Aliexpress for Elephone U Pro which worked well for my Pro1.

However, these screen protectors are disappearing...
...do you currently see them on Aliexpress?

Anyway, they are relatively good - the only problem is they start to peel up at curves which they still good for a while, but getting more and more dirty at that place and there will be a point where dirt goes too much inside and you can easily peel it up occasionally...

I have also cut earlier a strong material ordered from the USA which worked for a relatively short while but it also peeled up and got dirty mostly when I put it into my pocket (starting at top or bottom side at one of the corners).
The screen protectors ordered from Aliexpress were much better as they are less elastic and don't start peeling off at short sides, only at left/right sides.

So it is not easy to find a really good screen protector for curved screens, especially as screen protectors for Elephone U Pro seem to be practically disappeared.

1 minute ago, VaZso said:

So it is not easy to find a really good screen protector for curved screens, especially as screen protectors for Elephone U Pro seem to be practically disappeared.

Thanks for the warning, I was not aware. so we better go and collect a stock of what is left...

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 1:01 PM, _DW_ said:

I got this because I thought it was a glass screen protector according to description, but it appears to be regular plastic.

Is it actually glass? Does it shatter if you drop it and protect the screen underneath?

@lawliett No, that's definitely not glass, it's a flexible plastic, just like the one I ordered earlier – the delivery of which has been been postponed, with the new estimated period already nearly over, too. (If it was specifically designed for the Pro1 instead of the Elephone, one might suspect that might be to better fit the specific device.)

2 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

(If it was specifically designed for the Pro1 instead of the Elephone, one might suspect that might be to better fit the specific device.)

No, it is the same BOE display unit so the protector will fit exactly as good/bad on one or the other.

4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

No, it is the same BOE display unit so the protector will fit exactly as good/bad on one or the other.

Sorry, forgot the irony tags. I was commenting on the "postponed" aspect there...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, _DW_ said:

@lawliettyeah there plastic poor description on item.  I don't think there are any glass protectors for this screen 

Well yes and no. There ARE tempered glass protectors BUT I have only found flat ones, thus not fully covering.... What we would like would be similar to the ones for e.g. the BB Priv, or Samsung S8(+/-) & S9(+/-) that are flat in the long direction and curved in the short. (Technically MUCH simpler to make than doubled-curved ones)