PRO1, AICP 16.1 (Android R) Official Build

hello all,

....i still have little problem of no internet connection on some apps - mainly on gmaps, translator and sometime on messenger. I really dont known what to check...maybe it is problem on battery optimization but i dont known.

After reboot phone all works fine for maybe one day...and then again no internet connection. I can be on lte or wifi but problem same.....and sometime same problem on updater too.

Any idea?

Screenshot_20211229-002741_Maps.png

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is now official. Builds are weekly, currently scheduled for Wednesdays.   Install instructions are exactly as LineageOS 18.1.   Download site: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Thanks for mentioning my LOS 16 builds. For completeness: @daniel.schaaaf maintains an unofficial ROM of LOS 17.1 (Android 10) for the Pro1. In principle, the sources of all four LOS branche

Thanks @tdm, links added here 😁

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, CornholioGSM said:

hello all,

....i still have little problem of no internet connection on some apps - mainly on gmaps, translator and sometime on messenger. I really dont known what to check...maybe it is problem on battery optimization but i dont known.

After reboot phone all works fine for maybe one day...and then again no internet connection. I can be on lte or wifi but problem same.....and sometime same problem on updater too.

Any idea?

Screenshot_20211229-002741_Maps.png

I think I actually have the same/a similar problem on LineageOS 18.1

Edit: Observed it so far on Google Maps and the app "MVG Fahrinfo" (for public transport in Munich) and I think on a few more apps, which I currently cannot recall. But everytime it happened, it was only concerning some apps and was fixed by a reboot. 

Edited by Jacob_S
  • Thanks 1

Update to December 29, with December 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.
Known keyboard bug still there (see lineage thread)

(The stage after download and install called "Finalising package installation" is surprising slow though - like it is on LineageOS)

Update to January 5 2022, with December 5 2021 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

(The stage after download and install called "Finalising package installation" is surprising slow though - like it is on LineageOS)

Update to January 12 2022, with December 5 2021 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

Update to January 19 2022, with December 5 2021 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

• Like 1

Update to January 26, with January 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

Update to February 2, with January 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

On 11/3/2021 at 8:54 PM, Hook said:

Updated to the  03 November weekly via OTA.  All went smoothly and root was maintained, October security patch.

(This seems to be the last post that states root was maintained, hence replying to it).

So how does one retain root access. Is there something special you need to do? Or is it not possible anymore?

I've installed aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220126.zip a couple of days ago, and just applied the OTA to aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220202.zip, which 'uninstalled' Magisk. I had to jump through the payload_dumper hoops again, which is rather annoying to do after every update 😉

1 hour ago, Arn said:

(This seems to be the last post that states root was maintained, hence replying to it).

So how does one retain root access. Is there something special you need to do? Or is it not possible anymore?

I've installed aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220126.zip a couple of days ago, and just applied the OTA to aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220202.zip, which 'uninstalled' Magisk. I had to jump through the payload_dumper hoops again, which is rather annoying to do after every update 😉

Keep in mind that I only use Magisk for SU.  I flash the apk as a zip.  I don't "install it" (it places Magisk Manager on the phone but I never even open it).

Of course, right now I don't know if anything has changed with the updates since my Pro1 is in the shop at FxTec for repairs. 😉

Update to February 9, with January 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

Update to February 16, with January 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to February 23, with Februrary 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

Update to March 2, with Februrary 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to March 9, with Februrary 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

4 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

Hmm...because i dont have problem with charging for approx 14 days....was this problem solved?

...it looks like all is without problem...i can charge without reboot

Interresting. I have never found a pattern to actively provoke it, so could not tell if it is luck you did not see it or if fixed. But let us hope it has been fixed.

Update to March 16, with March 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to March 23, with March 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

Update to March 30, with March 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

Update to April 6, with March 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

This thread seems rather stale, so perhaps I should stop reporting every weekly update?

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Update to April 6, with March 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

This thread seems rather stale, so perhaps I should stop reporting every weekly update?

It is appreciated.  Unfortunately, my Pro1 is still in the shop so I'm out of the loop right now (not suprisingly, nor unexpected—knew it would take time when I sent it in).  I'm always happy to see it is still going.

Looking forward to getting back and hoping, maybe, there might be an AICP for the Pro1x eventually.

• Like 1
On 3/30/2022 at 5:20 PM, EskeRahn said:

Update to April 13, with March 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

(The download stage is substantially faster than LineageOS, But the stage after download and install called "Finalising package installation" is surprising slow though - like it is on LineageOS)

• Like 1

Update to April 20, with March 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

(The download stage is substantially faster than LineageOS, But the stage after download and install called "Finalising package installation" is surprising slow though - like it is on LineageOS)

• Like 1

Update to April 27, with March 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

• Like 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, AICP 16.1 (Android R) Official Build