PRO1, AICP 16.1 (Android R) Official Build

On 4/6/2022 at 9:51 AM, Hook said:

It is appreciated.  Unfortunately, my Pro1 is still in the shop so I'm out of the loop right now (not suprisingly, nor unexpected—knew it would take time when I sent it in).  I'm always happy to see it is still going.

Looking forward to getting back and hoping, maybe, there might be an AICP for the Pro1x eventually.

I agree. I follow this sparsely but do not post much here anymore (lack of time).

Just last night I have replaced the screen for the second time, and am now in the process of going back to stock, then reinstalling AICP yet again. Also my keyboard is inoperative (maybe a hardware issue, let's see after the reflash). I took the opportunity to open the back of the phone while changing the screen, I disconnected and reconnected the keyboard flat cable (it didn't solve the issue) but did not feel like tearing the whole thing apart before trying the reflash, which I need anyway because the touchscreen doesn't work.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to find a way to do the screen firmware update without reverting to stock...

Edited by agent008
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is now official. Builds are weekly, currently scheduled for Wednesdays.   Install instructions are exactly as LineageOS 18.1.   Download site: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Thanks for mentioning my LOS 16 builds. For completeness: @daniel.schaaaf maintains an unofficial ROM of LOS 17.1 (Android 10) for the Pro1. In principle, the sources of all four LOS branche

Thanks @tdm, links added here 😁

Posted Images

Smoothly installed aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220504.zip on March 5 security patch and open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20220503.zip using adb sideload

Known keyboard bug still there (see lineage thread)

Note that the security update date is still stuck on March?

• Like 1

Smoothly installed aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220511.zip on March 5 security patch and open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20220503.zip using adb sideload

Note that the security update date is still stuck on March?
Note that the signature when downloaded as a zip is not accepted, so the loader on the phone asks you "...install anyway?".

Smoothly installed aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220518.zip on May 5 security patch and open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20220503.zip using adb sideload

Note that the signature when downloaded as a zip is not accepted, so the loader on the phone asks you "...install anyway?".

• Like 1

Note that there definitely ARE some odd bugs in the battery handling of Lineage/AICP. Just got the below 'warning' (seen similar before)
Screenshot_20220518-082116_Aicp_Launcher.thumb.png.94ac3da5270dd3599a3db631e159f96c.png

...Of course if you extrapolate the roughly three percent points lost over three minutes, it is strictly correct, that it will run out soon, but still a rather pointless 'warning':

Screenshot_20220518-083109_3C_All-in-One_Toolbox.thumb.png.ce228b642641c50b4351c5e44707fbc1.png

Dividing two small numbers with high inaccuracy leaves a pretty useless estimate of the slope.
It should be over at the least ten minutes, to have any validity. And NOT shortly after unplug, where the battery usually drops its voltage slightly without any active load, So do not estimate the first say five minutes after unplugging...

• Like 1

Smoothly installed aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220525.zip on May 5 security patch and open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20220503.zip using adb sideload

• Like 1

Smoothly installed aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220601.zip on May 5 security patch and open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20220503.zip using adb sideload

• Like 1

Smoothly installed aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220608.zip on May 5 security patch and open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20220503.zip using adb sideload

LOS19.1 is definitely not for me. I can't live with the 'no access' security from google rules.
I plan to give AICP a try, what sould I use for recovery image ?
This is not clear for me, if I understand correctly I should just abd sideload the last nightly and it's ok ?
Is it so dramatic using an old LOS without security updates ?

3 hours ago, raymo said:

LOS19.1 is definitely not for me. I can't live with the 'no access' security from google rules.
I plan to give AICP a try, what sould I use for recovery image ?
This is not clear for me, if I understand correctly I should just abd sideload the last nightly and it's ok ?
Is it so dramatic using an old LOS without security updates ?

Lineage recovery works just fine for AICP.  Never tried recovery for 19 but I don't think that AICP being still Android 11 while 19 is 12 matters for using the recovery. 

I don't truly know the risks of not patching.  Anyone still using stock Android on the Pro1 hasn't been patched in 2 years, IIRC. There is someone here who is unofficially maintaining Lineage OS 16, keeping it patched every couple of months (He runs it Google-free, but no reason you can't add Gapps).

Scroll back for previous discussion.

You can follow his link here for the latest update:

http://findus.zwergenschaenke.net/~puma/linux.html#lineagepro1

Just FYI.  I haven't used, so I can't endorse, although I think @claude0001 is a valuable contributor here, so I would have no qualms if I wanted to use Android 9.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for your reply, I returned in LOS18.1 at this moment.
I see that AICP launch the android 12 version, so...not for me.
I will see what happens, but android 9 could be a good idea,
...freedom for my SDcard 😄

On 7/6/2022 at 4:07 PM, Hook said:

There is someone here who is unofficially maintaining Lineage OS 16, keeping it patched every couple of months (He runs it Google-free, but no reason you can't add Gapps).

Thanks for mentioning my LOS 16 builds.

For completeness: @daniel.schaaaf maintains an unofficial ROM of LOS 17.1 (Android 10) for the Pro1.

In principle, the sources of all four LOS branches (16.0, 17.1, 18.1, and 19.1) are still maintained at lineageos.org and are getting patched based on the Android security bulletins.

It is only that - by LineageOS policy - only one branch per device (in our case 19.1, now) is allowed for the automatic weekly builds, probably in order to save CPU time on the official compiler farm. It is however totally possible to build any of the supported branches of LOS yourself, in which case all upstream security patches get included automatically ...

• Thanks 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, AICP 16.1 (Android R) Official Build
  • 1 month later...

Note that there does not seem to be development on this 'old' AICP R-16.1 any more. We currently got a slightly flawed S 17.1 version with outdated security update, and the R fades away from the download list about one a week.

SO If you use AICP R, then make SURE to have downloaded the last R from 20220629 before it is too late.
That is before end of september

Available at https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/, direct link https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/device/pro1/WEEKLY/aicp_pro1_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20220629.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...