LineageOS 20.0 Official Release for Pro1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@EskeRahn okay, good news - easy fix - slipup on my part when rebasing on the newest common kernel - https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_fxtec_msm8998/+/355481 - pulled the broken

You ever been in an updating mood and think about to hit the "update all" button in the Google Play Store while the OTA update is running? Yeah, don't do that. Sometimes the Play Store updat

(lineage-20.0-20230612-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on May 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-202230408_100653)

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oliviersenn6 said:

P.S.: any pro1 LOS users have had issues with sending SMS? not the right thread but LOS support doesn't care and neither does my carrier

I rarely tried, but it worked when I did, both send and receive. Is it constantly or occasional it fails for you?

4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I rarely tried, but it worked when I did, both send and receive. Is it constantly or occasional it fails for you?

constant, both RCS and SMS (but not MMS !) fail to send. LOS devs went "damn that sucks", and my carrier had me try things that went nowhere. at this point if i need to send an SMS i press send, it fails, i take a screenshot and send that as an MMS. Jus throwing it out there in case someone has seen that before but if you haven't heard of it then i'm definitely alone with this.

19 minutes ago, oliviersenn6 said:

constant, both RCS and SMS (but not MMS !) fail to send. LOS devs went "damn that sucks", and my carrier had me try things that went nowhere. at this point if i need to send an SMS i press send, it fails, i take a screenshot and send that as an MMS. Jus throwing it out there in case someone has seen that before but if you haven't heard of it then i'm definitely alone with this.

We are in the wrong thread for this....
Send an receive of sms works fine using Textra, and even the build in Messaging app - that I never use.

1 hour ago, oliviersenn6 said:

Don't know if this is the problem, but it sounds like what would happen to me on my Pro1 when I used to try to mule it onto Verizon's network.  That is exactly what would break and how it would break. On T-Mobile (USA), which has no problem with the Pro1 or Pro1x being on their network, no problems at all.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, oliviersenn6 said:

Have you tested to set sms center manually for vzw? 

MMS is working because mms can be sent via data connection too.

Edit : dial *#*#4636#*#* - phone information - smsc refresh and reboot

...and maybe turn off in sms settings rcs chats (using data/wifi for texting)

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

That is a very good suggestion! Most newer SIMs come with the SMSC set, but it was quite common earlier that we had to do this manually.

9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

That is a very good suggestion! Most newer SIMs come with the SMSC set, but it was quite common earlier that we had to do this manually.

This problem was on some usa phones unlocked for another carriers.

But i mean that it is not problem on los. I mean that something was changed by user.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 12:25 AM, CornholioGSM said:

MMS is working because mms can be sent via data connection too.

Edit : dial *#*#4636#*#* - phone information - smsc refresh and reboot

...and maybe turn off in sms settings rcs chats (using data/wifi for texting)

thanks (and sorry for deadposting but i don't come here often), this fixed it. didn't have to turn off RCS.

• Like 3