PRO1X How do I calibrate the digitizer after screen replacement

Hi

I have recently replaced the screen with one found on Aliexpress, it works but now i have an unresponsive margin on both sides!

On this forum I have seen that the problem was known on the Pro1 (see: Display units with large tap-insensitive margin), and the solution was to restore the stock android and boot, that should calibrate the digitizer.

I have tried the same on my Pro1X, without any success!

So: Does any one know how to calibrate the digitizer on pro1x?

Thanks.

Edited by kif
Typos
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, kif said:

Hi

I have recently replaced the screen with one found on Aliexpress, it works but now i have an unresponsive margin on both sides!

On this forum I have seen that the problem was known on the Pro1 (see: Display units with large tap-insensitive margin), and the solution was to restore the stock android and boot, that should calibrate the digitizer.

I have tried the same on my Pro1X, without any success!

So: Does any one know how to calibrate the digitizer on pro1x?

Thanks.

The problem is the fix for the Pro1 was a patch from the Screen manufacturer that requires Android 10 or less.  FxTec was able to incorporate that patch into their version of Android 9. Since the Pro1x starts with Android 11, there is no way to patch the Elephone U screens for the Pro1x. At this juncture, at least as far as I know, there is no fix until FxTec is able to provide replacement screens.

• Sad 1

There is one rather insane possibility for anyone who has both a Pro 1 and a Pro1x... install the display first in the Pro1 (probably wouldn't have to even glue it) and flash the firmware of the screen. Then remove it from the Pro1 and install it on the Pro1x.  I'm no expert and I'm just guessing, but would that work, I wonder.

• Thanks 2

As bad as the situation is for @kif, this at least is a piece of information that was missing until now. I would have thought they'd have included that patch routine in the Pro1X stock ROM, too...

And it is seems a good thing I didn't venture to replace my broken Pro1X screen with my the last Elephone replacement screen just yet...

@Hook's recipe actually sounds like the one promising option that remains. Maybe someone with a Pro1 that's defective enough in other parts to still be useful could offer it as a service? 😉 I'm afraid I can't offer mine just yet as it is still kind of working and it has a brand-new display assembly from Fxtec I'd be rather reluctant to unglue...

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

I would have thought they'd have included that patch routine in the Pro1X stock ROM, too...

I'm not clear on this, but I think the patch to the firmware was intended for the Elephone U Pro and just plain doesn't work in anything higher than Android 10.  I don't know what keeps the native Pro1 and Pro1x screens from having this problem... but whatever it is, it is not compatible with Elephone U Pro screens.

I wonder if @Casey has any guidance on this matter?

4 hours ago, Hook said:

I wonder if @Casey has any guidance on this matter?

Yes! Would be wonderful if the patch could be isolated into something that could be executed simpler. For Pro1 as well as Pro1X.
We have another thread on this somewhere, so the two threads ought to be merged

• 3 months later...
On 12/10/2023 at 6:23 PM, Hook said:

There is one rather insane possibility for anyone who has both a Pro 1 and a Pro1x... install the display first in the Pro1 (probably wouldn't have to even glue it) and flash the firmware of the screen. Then remove it from the Pro1 and install it on the Pro1x.  I'm no expert and I'm just guessing, but would that work, I wonder.

I can confirm this working. I am able to install the display driver on the replacement screen attached to my pro1 and then it is working as expected on the Pro1x.

• Thanks 5