LineageOS 21.0 Official Release for Pro1 (QX1000)

• TeZtdevice changed the title to LineageOS 21.0 Official Release for Pro1 (QX1000)
1 hour ago, AndytheNoob said:

Can it be true? Does this include Mindthe Gapps?

No, the nice thing about Official Lineage is that it leaves having Gapps as your choice and does not come with Google pre-installed.

The proper MindTheGapps for it are here:

https://github.com/MindTheGapps/14.0.0-arm64/releases/tag/MindTheGapps-14.0.0-arm64-20231025_234300

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I super optimistically did a dirty flash from official 20 with mtg 13 to unofficial 21 (build in gapps) a few weeks back - and that worked just fine.

I super optimistically did a dirty flash from unofficial 21 (build in gapps) to official 21 with mtg 14 just now - and that worked just fine too!!!

(both with adb and fastboot)

That is just awesome guys!

Though no keyboards layout setting at all, as far as I can find. Only the pro1 qwertY/qwertZ setting my bad, they are there

You can still only select ONE, no Ctrl+Space swapping (as we had on e.g. 20.0), but with a little luck that will be fixed soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah crap, having problems getting adb to list my device in Fastboot mode again.

I had this problem last time and spent days getting round it, I've just been reading over my old posts seing if I actually detailed a fix but my posts say "I have this problem...."

Then the next one says "After days of fiddling I've got it to work!" without actually saying what I did.

Damn you past me... Damn you.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, AndytheNoob said:

Ah crap, having problems getting adb to list my device in Fastboot mode again.

Usually it is a matter of the port being too good on the pc. Drivers can also be an issue. I have had problems with usb3.0 but going through a hub also offering 3.0 was enough for me.... (My first attempt was to take a REALLY cheap old hub (usb 1??), and it worked but was extremely slow in transferring, so experimenting further used a usb 3 port on my thunderbolt 4 connected 'docking')

• Like 1
11 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Usually it is a matter of the port being too good on the pc. Drivers can also be an issue. I have had problems with usb3.0 but going through a hub also offering 3.0 was enough for me.... (My first attempt was to take a REALLY cheap old hub (usb 1??), and it worked but was extremely slow in transferring, so experimenting further used a usb 3 port on my thunderbolt 4 connected 'docking')

Since the last install of LOS20 my pc has been upgraded so I no longer have any 'bad' USB ports, they are all 3.1.

However I do have another PC which is not quite so advanced as this one, hopefully it will have a few USB 2.0 ports I can make use of... After a little digging I've found that the 8 pin configuration of USB 3+ makes it bad for adb in fastboot mode, which prefers USB 2 with it's 4 pin connection. I'll try it out tomorrow and get back to ya.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AndytheNoob said:

Since the last install of LOS20 my pc has been upgraded so I no longer have any 'bad' USB ports, they are all 3.1.

However I do have another PC which is not quite so advanced as this one, hopefully it will have a few USB 2.0 ports I can make use of... After a little digging I've found that the 8 pin configuration of USB 3+ makes it bad for adb in fastboot mode, which prefers USB 2 with it's 4 pin connection. I'll try it out tomorrow and get back to ya.

Or simply an old USB 2 hub works pretty good.  You can still get them on Amazon last time I checked. However, as I'm sure I've mentioned before, I find the best result from using my older Thinkpad (X230) with Manjaro installed.   I don't even bother with my Win 10 Thinkpad any more, which is why I'm waiting until I get back home in March to upgrade, unless I get impatient.

• Like 2

Yeah, I also keep whipping out that one old laptop where I know I installed the drivers and minimal adb and fastboot properly whenever I want to flash my phone.

Did the update yesterday and was busy getting my Pebble watch back running as pretty much anyone who upgraded to Android 14 before me.

Since I've pretty much given up hope on every seeing hands-free working with the Pro1 in my car, I wasn't surprised when it still didn't work. I think it actually got worse as the connection now drops and reconnects every 15 seconds or so causing the music in my radio to restart during a call (which is still only heard in the phone and not on the stereo).

The only thing really nagging me since the update is the handling of the second SIM. Every time I boot my phone it asks which SIM I want to use for data and if I want to use the second SIM as fallback.

Other than that everything looks good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh wait... Hang on one cotton-pickin minute...

When in the bootloader my device is not seen as an adb device, but is seen as a fastboot device.

Finished! I just needed an old usb-c 2.0 cable and it looks like I was asking the wrong questions. When in the bootlader the phone isn't an adb device, it's a fastboot device, so searching for adb devices won't turn anything up anyway... All this time I was just asking the wrong questions.

I'm gonna update my earlier post from last year where I didn't tell myself what was going on. Sorry for the spam.

Edited by AndytheNoob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lineage-21.0-20240224-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on February 5 (2024) security patch, installed smoothly* using OTA

*Boot time about 3min. (only the first start after update) !!

(while the LOS-Update, I stopped all other updates or backups)

Edited by TeZtdevice

(lineage-21.0-20240224-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on Feb 5 security patch installed smoothly (*) using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-14.0.0-arm64-20231025_234300)

...I got a long boot time too, just like the first time, and like @TeZtdevice reported, but not more than one minute I think.
And we still can only select one keyboard, so no easy layout switch

• Thanks 1

I just updated from official LOS 20 to LOS 21 successfully. I used Lineage OS recovery for the update. You can just put the update file (and GAPPS) to the sd-card and reboot to recovery. Then follow the instructions below (edited)

1. Select Apply Update and then Apply from sd card
2. Then select LOS 21 zip-file and start flash. Wait until status 2/2.
3. After successful install, reboot recovery to change the slot (go to Advanced and Reboot to Recovery)

4. To install GAPPS after reboot, select Apply Update and Apply from sd card.

5. Then select GAPPS zip-file and start flash. There will be signature error but continue anyway.

6. In the end select Reboot system now and wait for the booting.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Thanks 3
7 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

I just updated from official LOS 20 to LOS 21 successfully. I used Lineage OS recovery for the update. You can just put the update file (and GAPPS) to the sd-card and reboot to recovery. Then follow the instructions below:

1. Select Apply Update and then Apply from sd card
2. Then select LOS 21 zip-file and start flash. Wait until status 2/2.
3. Then Reboot system now (or install GAPPS)

To install GAPPS, go to Advanced and Reboot to Recovery for changing slot. After reboot select Apply Update and Apply from sd card. The select GAPPS zip-file and start flash. There will be signature error but continue anyway. In the end select Reboot system now and wait for the booting.

Just to clarify:  This is a dirty flash using the recovery already flashed for LOS 20, correct.  I assume between flashing LOS21 and Gapps 14, you still "reboot to recovery" to change to the slot that the formerly inactive slot which is where LOS installs itself?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Hook said:

Just to clarify:  This is a dirty flash using the recovery already flashed for LOS 20, correct.  I assume between flashing LOS21 and Gapps 14, you still "reboot to recovery" to change to the slot that the formerly inactive slot which is where LOS installs itself?

Yes, correct! Just like I said "to install GAPPS, go to Advanced and Reboot to Recovery for changing slot". 

I have been dirty flashing since LOS 18.1 update. Initially I flashed LOS 17.1.

• Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Yes, correct! Just like I said "to install GAPPS, go to Advanced and Reboot to Recovery for changing slot". 

I have been dirty flashing since LOS 18.1 update. Initially I flashed LOS 17.1.

Yes, But even if you don't install Gapps, I believe you need to reboot to recovery to switch slots before a system reboot.  That's why I was asking.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Hook said:

Yes, But even if you don't install Gapps, I believe you need to reboot to recovery to switch slots before a system reboot.  That's why I was asking.

To my understanding there is no need ro reboot recovery after flashing only LOS 21 zip file. Reboot is needed when flashing GAPPS also. See below:

https://files.nwwn.com/android/pro1/lineage.html

"Flash Lineage

On the device, select "Apply Update" and then "Apply from ADB". On your PC, run adb sideload lineage-16.0-pro1-test22.zip. You should see indications that the flash process has started on both the PC and the device.

When the update is complete, recovery should have automatically switched the active boot slot.

Flash Google Apps (optional)

The gapps package updates the running slot. So, to flash gapps, you must reboot back into recovery. From the main recovery screen, select "Advanced" and then "Reboot to recovery".

But lately I have only flashed LOS with GAPPS so I don't have more experience.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FlyingAntero said:

When the update is complete, recovery should have automatically switched the active boot slot.

I believe that's a very early version of tdm's instructions for the test version of Lineage 16 and I believe that instruction was changed by him later.  As far as I know, installing Lineage does not then make the inactive slot where the update is installed active.  You'll never notice if you are installing Gapps as we do, but if you pay attention to the top of the recovery screen where it lists the active slot, you will see.

• Thanks 2

OTA went fine here. I just noticed that Magisk got kicked - on LOS20 it was auto-patching the boot image. Will have to remember to manually patch before rebooting in future OTA updates.

When I flashed LOS 21 for the first time last week I noticed the installer had a convenient "reboot to recovery" popup after flashing for other installers like GAPPS that target the currently active system partition.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Hook said:

I believe that's a very early version of tdm's instructions for the test version of Lineage 16 and I believe that instruction was changed by him later.  As far as I know, installing Lineage does not then make the inactive slot where the update is installed active.  You'll never notice if you are installing Gapps as we do, but if you pay attention to the top of the recovery screen where it lists the active slot, you will see.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I updated my earlier post.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

PS note that there is an official version 21.0 now.
see
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/4050-lineageos-210-official-release-for-pro1-qx1000/

I am aware and I have it installed. Issue is the same across versions so I'm moving to the newer thread. Disregard my previous comment about it being fixed, it enabled me to send 1 SMS and it broke again a few hours later.

Note that when I go to click smsc refresh, the text box only gets populated after I click "refresh".

I looked up what vzw was because I didn't know how to set anything to it, and it seems related to Verizon? Not sure how that is relevant as Verizon is not my carrier nor is it a carrier at all in my country (France). I was also unable to learn how to set smsc to it on my own.

The fact that it fixed it once  does point to a carrier issue rather than an OS issue, which is good because I pay one of them.

If you have any idea on making it stick, I'll take it.

Posted (edited)

Lineage-21.0-20240302-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on February 5 (2024) security patch, installed smoothly* using OTA

*Boot time about 3min. (only the first start after update) !!

(while the LOS-Update, I stopped all other updates or backups)

Edited by TeZtdevice
  • Like 2