Move community and resources to slions.net?

Move community and resources to slions.net?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Move community and resources to slions.net?

Since FxTec can't be trusted to keep that forum running would you guys be wiling to participate if I setup a forum for FxTec related stuff on slions.net? Positive responses does not mean I'll make it happen but it will help me decide. It's been a joy being part of this community, would be nice to keep it going somewhere.

• Like 3

There is lot a of information here that would be difficult to move. But if F(x)tec is going to shut down community some day, it would be good to have another place. I don't know what plans F(x)tec has.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Like 2

Worth mentioning, although this may not be to some peoples liking, there is still an unofficial Discord, which is not in any way run by FxTec.  A multi-room chat is not as efficient as a forum in some ways, but it works and has largely remained civil and helpful.  FxTec folks show up, but lately, I think it only shows that they are connected to Discord, not that they are necessarily reading our posts.

Not an objection to having a forum hosted elsewhere, simply reminding people that there is a place already where there are helpful people and information can be posted.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hook said:

Worth mentioning, although this may not be to some peoples liking, there is still an unofficial Discord, which is not in any way run by FxTec.  A multi-room chat is not as efficient as a forum in some ways, but it works and has largely remained civil and helpful.  FxTec folks show up, but lately, I think it only shows that they are connected to Discord, not that they are necessarily reading our posts.

Not an objection to having a forum hosted elsewhere, simply reminding people that there is a place already where there are helpful people and information can be posted.

Ooooh discord, telegram etc...bad idea 😞 ...best way is move all to another host...and if not, then is better idea to use xda. I know that xda is not good as was, but now is it maybe world oldest wotking forum about smartphones.

* i mean , that maybe 80-90% users here have xda account.

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Like 1

It is an interesting thought that is much more general than this community actually. How to assure information on the web are not lost?

I have no idea if it will come with GDPR complications and peoples right to be forgotten?? At the least we should be sure that who ever take the burden of maintaining a copy can not get into troubles somehow over it.

I have a related issue with a tiny tiny site with addresses and the like I administer for my 1981 high school class. It is not a simple thing to have a joint ownership, so it will survive when I die. It requires that we make a formal association, and move ownership to that.... A lot of tedious paperwork...

So if an individual take over the content of this community and is hit by lightning the day after, or just loose interest, or what ever, data could be lost anyway, so the XDA suggestion - or any other more or less stable forum, would be a better idea, IMHO.

• Like 2

Good idea to save the content here someplace else.

While the XDA page seems a good place for continuing this.

Still, I'm undecided; as long as we post here, there's still a remote chance someone closer to the company will be reading it at some point...

• Like 2