I notice that the preorder page only has options for UK/HK,USA, Europe and Japan/China plug adaptor. Will the power adaptor be modular so we can change the plug to something else., e.g Australian, or do we need an adaptor? Or in case of Australia, should I choose the the China plug?

Just a maybe crazy question. Why do it need to come with a power adapter?

Would any local USB adapter not do the trick? Preferably supporting QC3.0.

Maybe offer a minor discount if (pre)ordered without an adapter?

@EskeRahn,

For me, I don't really need a power adapter - my current phone's adapter is still in its box as I use another, quality one which also has QC3.0 support.

So that may be a good question.

Nintendo sold one kind of the DS series without a charging cable aswell, since the same plug was used between various generations.

I personally can not have enough chargers. More and more things are charged via USB nowadays. I doubt leaving the charger will cut the costs noticeably.

• 3 weeks later...

I, like others, have plenty of ac to usb-a adapters I've collected over the years, starting at 300mA . And plenty of usb-a to micro-usb cables.

But what I don't have much of is usb c cables or turbo-chargers. So I'd actually appreciate one coming with the phone.

But if it didn't come with one, that'd be fine too, and the reasons make sense, to make it completely international and easy to package.

Maybe just include a good quality usb-c to usb-a cable so at least people have something to get started with incase they have nothing already, and I'd imagine most people will appreciate the cable and you ordering in bulk won't add much to the cost.

I have to agree with just putting a cable in the box.

These days you have many options for charging a USB device. For me it would probably never leave the box same as my keyone I have at the moment I still use my previous phones charger :D