For Sale in Canada? Price?

Pre-order online from this website is supposed to ship to Canada I believe (pre order only wants payment when the phones are actually produced). Actual sales should start in Juli somewhere. Don't know if it will be in real stores in Canada, maybe someone else can clarify. For the pre-order price is $650 or 650euro depending from where ordered (excluding shipping), I would guess if it lands in stores price would be similar.

Pre-order online from this website is supposed to ship to Canada I believe (pre order only wants payment when the phones are actually produced). Actual sales should start in Juli somewhere. Don’t know if it will be in real stores in Canada, maybe someone else can clarify. For the pre-order price is $650 or 650euro depending from where ordered (excluding shipping), I would guess if it lands in stores price would be similar.

This video also mentioned selling through Amazon, towards the end of the review:

No way to verify if that's true or not, but interesting.

• 6 months later...
On 5/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, netman said:

pre order only wants payment when the phones are actually produced

Oh boy what a time of hopes and dreams this was!

Has anyone in Canada received the phone yet? Or even got the "stock assigned" message? I haven't heard of any.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, pistikem said:

not yet - nothing received - nothing assigned - as of this cold morning in Montréal...

Nice to see your concern for the poor postman that has to be out to delver it. 😇 Let us hope you get it before it gets warm again. 😜

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Craig said:

Dunno how they do it in Canada, but when I lived in Alaska, mail carriers don't even get out of their right-hand drive jeeps; mailboxes have to be accessible from the street. 

what happens if you've ordered a washing machine?

• Haha 1
On 5/24/2019 at 10:58 PM, Hook said:

This video also mentioned selling through Amazon, towards the end of the review:

No way to verify if that's true or not, but interesting.

If the Amazon thing is true I might cancel my pre-order and re-order later instead, especially if it's shipped by Amazon and Prime-able.

I really don't want to deal with courier brokerage charges.

• Sad 1
27 minutes ago, ToniCipriani said:

If the Amazon thing is true I might cancel my pre-order and re-order later instead, especially if it's shipped by Amazon and Prime-able.

It would only be available for Prime if Amazoncould have sufficient stock on hand in their own warehouses.  I don't see that as being likely, though good for F(X) Tec if they got there. I don't know anything about Canadian import duties so I can't address that.  In US I just paid sales tax when I paid for it at the end of July.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Large mailbox, and strong postman needed..... 😜

I had a pallet full of drywall delivered today, it was a struggle and we destroyed the plants on the driveway by crashing it on there from a crane-truck-thing :).

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, abielins said:

Oh boy what a time of hopes and dreams this was!

Has anyone in Canada received the phone yet? Or even got the "stock assigned" message? I haven't heard of any.

The real dream is the phone 😉 A bit slow to come sure and the one forum thread has gone pitchforks and torches, it's still a startup xD. But I'm still excited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ToniCipriani said:

Amazon is the most evil merchant on the planet. On top of that, buying through any reseller will take money away from the people who did all the work on this, whom we'd all really like to have the resources to continue making non-stupid phones, since no one else does anymore. Buy direct from the people who made this possible so they're not splitting the profits with others.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Large mailbox, and strong postman needed..... 😜

Around here they either dump oversize items somewhere (in a plastic trash bag if it's raining and they're in the mood) or tie it to the outside of the box with rubber bands. 😮 I'm not sure they're technically supposed to do that, but c'est LA vie......

• Sad 1
On 12/5/2019 at 9:51 PM, silversolver said:

Amazon is the most evil merchant on the planet. On top of that, buying through any reseller will take money away from the people who did all the work on this, whom we'd all really like to have the resources to continue making non-stupid phones, since no one else does anymore. Buy direct from the people who made this possible so they're not splitting the profits with others.

We might be splitting their profits, but I'm also not a fan of the carrier applying a 50-100% of their cut to my package.

On 12/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, Hook said:

Canadian import duties so I can't address that.

It's a much longer story: https://trueler.com/2010/11/24/self-clear-shipment-cbsa-avoid-ups-brokerage-fee/

It's not the tax or duties that I have a problem with, it's the rip-off charges the carriers add on, which in some cases double the value of the whole thing.

Last time my friend accidentally sent me something via Fedex 2-day, package was like $100, they doubled my taxes with their fees.

Edited by ToniCipriani
  • Confused 1
8 minutes ago, ToniCipriani said:

It's a much longer story: https://trueler.com/2010/11/24/self-clear-shipment-cbsa-avoid-ups-brokerage-fee/

It's not the tax or duties that I have a problem with, it's the rip-off charges the carriers add on, which in some cases double the value of the whole thing.

Last time my friend accidentally sent me something via Fedex 2-day, package was like $100, they doubled my taxes with their fees.

Wow, that's quite a racket! That kind of grift would never fly in most places......how have they not been subject to regulation?

28 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Are we caught up in the U.S. fiasco, or are there other reasons for our delays? Having pre-ordered in March and paid in August, I expected to be in the first or second batch, but have received no word.

I plan on contacting support tomorrow (for like the 10th time!) if I am not sent any info to find out what the status of my order is, now that the US shipping methods have changed.