Unboxing Pics (Taketyon)

1 hour ago, elvissteinjr said:

Also no offense Craig, but you wouldn't be hitting the 2 MB limit so fast if you didn't put photos into PNGs. That's usually a less than ideal fit for photos.

I'm lazy.  When I posted the memes I didn't have to resize as they were under 2mb already.  With these, they were over, so I just did screenshot (the one built into firefox) then pasted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to say:  I'm sure glad the language displayed in my apps has the same character set as the keyboard.  I'm trying to wrap my head around being Japanese (or Chinese or Russian) and seeing everything in one character set and language on the screen, but a completely different character set on the keyboard.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, TeZtdevice said:

There´s a screen protector inside the box?

The sleeve looks really cool (with the F).

Cool. To my knowledge there exist only flat tempered glass (not covering the curvature), or plastic ones curved fully covering (or film type of course)

And they seem to have went for the stronger tempered glass variant. Either has it advantages, so can not say one is generally better than the other.

I personally have been using these plastic curved ones to about $1.10 a piece. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851277108.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually writing in languages with other charsets such as Russian is pretty easy with a real keyboard. In contrast to the On-Screen-keyboard the keys just resembls other characters and that's it. The OSD-keyboards shrink, because they try to fit e.g. 33 letters in the same 3 rows... sucks if one has thick fingers...

Japanese is a bit more difficult. If one types in e.g. romaji - only writing the silbs - it is bearable. As soon as you need the kanji, you are bummed, because that's where the app as well as Windows starts heavily guessing.

I am using the Russian and Ukrainian keyboards quite frequently, the Japanese one rather seldom these days.

23 minutes ago, divstar said:

the keys just resembls other characters and that's it.

If that is easy for you, then you are a better man than me.  If you are a woman, you are definitely a better woman than I am too!  😄

• Haha 2
On 11/18/2019 at 3:59 AM, EskeRahn said:

Cool. To my knowledge there exist only flat tempered glass (not covering the curvature), or plastic ones curved fully covering (or film type of course)

And they seem to have went for he stronger tempered glass variant. Either has it advantages, so can not say one is generally better than the other.

I personally have been using these plastic curved ones to about $1.10 a piece. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851277108.html

So the screen protector that comes with it is a non-curved glass type, or it is a non-curved plastic type?  It looks plastic in the videos and pictures I've seen, but that could have been a poor guess on my part.

3 hours ago, david said:

So the screen protector that comes with it is a non-curved glass type, or it is a non-curved plastic type?  It looks plastic in the videos and pictures I've seen, but that could have been a poor guess on my part.

The screen protector is curved (not glass).

Figured I'd add my own unboxing pictures to this thread, happy for a mod to separate but I've only added unboxing pictures that are a bit different to the above.

A few notes/thoughts:

(1) Anyone know if it's possible to get snap-in AU power prongs?

(2) The F(x) logo on the power adaptor is cool.

(3) I couldn't find my LG GW620, or my Sony Ericsson C903 (which was technically a slider, though not quite keyboard).  There's still one unused Droid 4, which may now never be used.

(6) Those small cutouts are trivial when you see them in person, not worth worrying about at all.

(7) Interestingly, the phone automatically turned on when I plugged in the charger so it doesn't seem to charge it while turned off.  I'm not sure how that works if the phone's charge gets to zero, normally I need to charge the phone a couple of minutes before I can turn it on else it will die while starting up.

(8)  Woohoo, FM radio 🙂

(9)  What's QX1000?

photo (1).jpg

photo (2).jpg

photo (3).jpg

photo (4).jpg

photo (5).jpg

photo (6).jpg

photo (7).jpg

photo (8).jpg

photo (9).jpg

photo (10).jpg