PayPal has been a total nightmare for sellers since fairly recently, they've introduced a policy where they keep the (fairly substantial) transaction cost even if a transaction is refunded among other things. They also have a habit of locking accounts of sellers if suddenly a lot of money comes in, among other issues. It's not a good idea for them I believe.

Previously there was speculation it may have to do with a paypal policy that for goods they have to be delivered within certain amount of time (cant remember how long, like a month or 6 weeks or something), so can't really be used for pre-orders.   Maybe they'll offer it when they get call caught up tho....

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Craig said:

Previously there was speculation it may have to do with a paypal policy that for goods they have to be delivered within certain amount of time (cant remember how long, like a month or 6 weeks or something), so can't really be used for pre-orders.   Maybe they'll offer it when they get call caught up tho....

Yup, see e.g. this thread, and this post linking to some paypal policies, that says

PayPal permits pre-sales on a limited basis as long as the seller:

• Guarantees shipment within 20 days from the date of purchase.
  • Clearly identifies the item as a pre-sale.
  • Provides proof, if needed, that they can successfully deliver the product (supplier information, purchase invoices, shipping information, or delivery confirmation).

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, netman said:

They also have a habit of locking accounts of sellers if suddenly a lot of money comes in, among other issues. It's not a good idea for them I believe.

This is actually what happened to Fxtec, if there were Credit Card issues some of the preorderes (including me) were manually opted-in to do PayPal. Their account was blocked shortly after, they had to unfreeze the funds with PayPal, which I believe can be a nightmare.

PayPal is very consumer-friendly, sure, but a PITA for sellers.

• Thanks 3

I use PayPal often, when it's available, because it's convenient. I'm not upset if it's not available though. I did hope that they'd accept PayPal for the payment, but frankly, the seller fees are pretty high, and all things considered, pulling out my card to copy the number only took another 30 seconds or so......hardly a difficulty. Again, F(x)tec is giving me what I've wished someone would for many years. Such tiny inconveniences are nothing in the grand scheme of things.

• Thanks 2

F(x)tec Customer Team <[email protected]>

Mi., 31. Juli, 14:15

an michcleardot.gif

Dear Bastian,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately, we don’t currently accept PayPal. We’re working on implementing this, hopefully within the next 3 days. Please refresh the payment page after 3 days it there should, in theory, be a PayPal payment option.

Feel free to let me know if there’s anything else.

Kind regards,
Team F(x)tec

www.fxtec.com

they will not change anything in payment i guess. instead they made a new homepage, forum, much FB/Twitter marketing....
luckily i could borrow a credit card from a friend.

52 minutes ago, bastib83 said:

they will not change anything in payment i guess. instead they made a new homepage, forum, much FB/Twitter marketing....
luckily i could borrow a credit card from a friend.

Please read the thread....

They can not use Paypal before they can guarantee to ship to consumer within 20 days. PayPal policy

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, oliviersenn6 said:

that's wierd, I'm pretty sure I paid with paypal in august.

They accepted it for a while if I recall, but it is not surprising that did not last very long. Paypals policies really make it impossible for them to be a viable payment option, even in the future i believe. They are only good if you are ebay.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, abielins said:

Frankly that's a pretty good policy. I should have probably had that policy, but too late now!

The bad policy is that they have a habit of freezing any account that pulls in a significant amount of money and being very difficult about unfreezing it. It's hardly usable unless you are either so big you have the leverage to not be screwed over by paypal, or so small that they do not care.

Edited by netman
  • Like 2

These issues have reasons though. One wouldn't want criminals (i.e. isis or so) transfer huge amounts of money and get recognized too late.

It's bad for companies, but after one or two authentification and reasoning steps, it should work out fine.

The delivery time is a bigger issue in my mind, but as a customer I'm very happy to have this security (I got scammed once due to a missing paypal option).

As so often said: next time will be better in many ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

These issues have reasons though. One wouldn't want criminals (i.e. isis or so) transfer huge amounts of money and get recognized too late.

It's bad for companies, but after one or two authentification and reasoning steps, it should work out fine.

The delivery time is a bigger issue in my mind, but as a customer I'm very happy to have this security (I got scammed once due to a missing paypal option).

As so often said: next time will be better in many ways.

Love's more comfortable the second time around LOL