maybe it could even include one of those chargers that works by motion.  if your battery gets below 10% and no handy charger, do jumping jacks.  Could help with physical fitness too.

Edited by Craig
spelling
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

Maybe you could try Pluggy Lock

Honestly I'd be afraid of that thing damaging the (rather delicate) headphone jack, spreading/chocking itself in, and the force of whatever attached (plus initial tension) taken partly by the SoC. 3.5mm-jacks tend to lose contact over lifetime just by plugging in and out.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Parhelion said:

Honestly I'd be afraid of that thing damaging the (rather delicate) headphone jack, spreading/chocking itself in, and the force of whatever attached (plus initial tension) taken partly by the SoC. 3.5mm-jacks tend to lose contact over lifetime just by plugging in and out.

Indeed, And If you accidentally rotate the strap you might unwind it unless it is tightened very hard. So not a solution I would dare depend on

As the supports arms are made of metal, I would rather put a thin wire around that...

IMG_20191124_125211_HDR~01.jpg

(You see a silicon 'soft' shell for a Huawei P20 Pro on the "Final Sample")

35 minutes ago, Parhelion said:

At least the company says that Pluggy Lock does not damage the 3.5mm plugin. But of course it can become little bit loose after use just like with headphones. It is just an option.

https://pluggylock.eu/pages/faq/

9 hours ago, OliverTypes said:

I would rather not dangle it from any mechanical part on a regular basis. As a pure safety line, this would of course be preferable to a drop.

A strap hole integrated into the body would be a much appreciated improvement for any future releases in my book.

Yeah, It could be a good idea, for those that wants that.

13 hours ago, OliverTypes said:

I would rather not dangle it from any mechanical part on a regular basis. As a pure safety line, this would of course be preferable to a drop.

A strap hole integrated into the body would be a much appreciated improvement for any future releases in my book.

...On second thoughts, it might not be that easy to have it working well, as it swinging might open the device... Better go for a flip case that has the strap.

On 11/24/2019 at 8:28 PM, EskeRahn said:

....Took a strap from a camera and tested:

IMG_20191124_132143_HDR~01.jpg

IMG_20191124_132234_HDR~01.jpg

Would be better with a longer thin string part, so the 'knot' could be outside, as the four times the string thickness at the 'knot' prevents a complete close

You gonna break the poor hinge!

2 minutes ago, Krzysieq said:

Is it possible to type single-handedly in this setup? 🙂 rubber straps might not be the most solid replica of a pip-boy, but hey - if it ain't broken, don't fix it! 

Well did not try to use it, just made the image for fun. but sure it would be possible. But I think it would be better to use re-usable strips (strips that can be opened), so you can get it as firm as possible without stopping the blood circulation too much. And then thread them through some stiff piece of plastic, to secure the distance, so they can not slip over the ends.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well did not try to use it, just made the image for fun. but sure it would be possible. But I think it would be better to use re-usable strips (strips that can be opened), so you can get it as firm as possible without stopping the blood circulation too much. And then thread them through some stiff piece of plastic, to secure the distance, so they can not slip over the ends.

@EskeRahn you are hurting the poor thing!

Give it to me, ill take better care of it 😛

• Haha 3
On 11/25/2019 at 2:15 PM, EskeRahn said:

...On second thoughts, it might not be that easy to have it working well, as it swinging might open the device... Better go for a flip case that has the strap.

The Nokia E7 had one too, should not be much of a problem. It's not for "swinging" anyway but for breaking a fall 😅