Upcoming November OTA Update [Live]

Hello,

Just want to give a quick heads-up regarding the upcoming hot fix for the first few bugs we discovered with the users who received their units.

We have sent the test version of this OTA to some users and found a small display issue in setting after the test OTA, due to the cache updating after locking fingerprint. The issue has been solved and OTA will go live shortly and we target to release on November.

The fixes are:

- Certain 3G bands has been improved (mainly Band 5 and Band 8 WCDMA) and user no longer to tune network setting. Also improved performance under mobile network.

- Touch Panel freezing issue has been removed. However "Double Tap to Wake" is temporary disables because we found the freezing issue is related with double tap. We will do more research and re-enable this feature in the future.

- HDMI output now fully works. Including audio output

- Camera Vignette problem has been solved

I will update in this thread once this OTA goes live. 

Onwards...

Edit: It's live now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 10
6 minutes ago, Parhelion said:

Great to see issues are quickly taken care of, and the Pro1 step by step getting closer to its awesome full potential!

Will the devices yet undelivered (batch 2 and further) have the update pre-installed, or are we to do it ourselves?

I would imagine the devices in batch 2 will be with the original ROM since it was all that was available when they were boxed. Remember they're either on the road or about to be. The OTA should apply as soon as it is connected to the internet, so it's no great loss.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, silversolver said:

With the desperation level they are aware exists, the bugs as minor as they are, and update delivery as easy as OTA? I seriously doubt that!

It's a balance. If they thought the update would come sooner and wouldn't actually delay anything, then why not? If it provides a better first impression, then it would create a better reaction, and thus better sales. And people don't like having to update, a good out of the box experience is also important. It's absolutely an option, but whether they did it or not depends on internal info we don't have, and I don't expect them to give out.

Thank you @Waxberry for the Update.

33 minutes ago, Waxberry said:

Touch Panel freezing issue has been removed. However "Double Tap to Wake" is temporary disables because we found the freezing issue is related with double tap. We will do more research and re-enable this feature in the future.

Glad you figured that out!  Can't wait for my Unit to arrive :)

One Question tho, do you plan to release updates also as flashable images? That would be awesome.

Keep going!!!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

It's a balance. If they thought the update would come sooner and wouldn't actually delay anything, then why not? If it provides a better first impression, then it would create a better reaction, and thus better sales. And people don't like having to update, a good out of the box experience is also important. It's absolutely an option, but whether they did it or not depends on internal info we don't have, and I don't expect them to give out.

I would definitely prefer to get my device ASAP and then deal with bugs like that later. IMHO none of the known bugs is so bad that it would justify holding devices back.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

I would definitely prefer to get my device ASAP and then deal with bugs like that later. IMHO none of the known bugs is so bad that it would justify holding devices back.

Absolutely right. I would also accept the phone if it was in pure nature with only the boot loader working having to install the operating system a few weeks later... 🙂

Moreover, I would also accept it if it would be in separate pieces and I would have to do the final assembly... 🙂

Seriously.

Edited by VaZso
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, mcdinner said:

I'm sure plenty of people on this forum would. But I've seen people that were incredibly hyped about the phone pretty much just toss it in the trash because of minor bugs. And the people in later batches are more likely to be less dedicated fans, and thus more likely to want a "mainstream" device that just works. And the subsequent batches being bigger, and general availability being around the corner also means that building up general reputation is very important at this point.

Just saying, there are a lot of factors to consider for this.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Absolutely right. I would also accept the phone if it was in pure nature with only the boot loader working having to install the operating system a few weeks later... 🙂

Moreover, I would also accept it if it would be in separate pieces and I would have to do the final assembly... 🙂

Seriously.

There are already usable OS images for this hardware. The challenge is having patience for its arrival.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Krzysieq said:

@WaxberryHow far away are You guys from getting all the paperwork in place for the phone to pass safetynet checks? At that point are You planning to move to use a different OTA provider, or will hang on to AdUps for the foreseeable future? 

Passing safetynet does NOT equal to we can use Google OTA directly. I am afraid you got the wrong information.

• Thanks 6
12 minutes ago, d said:

I've installed the update, but the phone still doesn't pass safety net checks.

I'm assuming we're still waiting for google certification to come through?

There were a few files Google required and we have provided everything already. Expect to have update early next week...

• Thanks 8
On 11/29/2019 at 2:13 PM, Waxberry said:

There were a few files Google required and we have provided everything already. Expect to have update early next week...

The stock firmware has been certified, you need to re-lock the bootloader to make that activated:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4